Toyota Nation Forum banner
181 - 200 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Corolla HB SE 6MT
82 Posts
Yeah I usually used a mix of megiuars and Chemicals Guys. Megiurs interior cleaners and AP. Chemical Guys I had been using the leather cleaner/leather conditioner, Honey Dew Foam Canon for wash with a foam canon as presoak, and then 2 bucket with same soap. Tire dressing I use Pinnacle black Onyx. Since this stuff lasts a while I haven't tried any new tire dressing yet. I picked this one because it's not overly shiny and doesn't sling. I was using Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel/tire cleaner. It's ok, but the P&S stuff is way better.
The new stuff I've switched to is P&S.
  1. P&S Bead Maker as a drying aid and helps protect
  2. P&S Brake Buster, awesome wheel cleaner.
  3. P&S interior. This stuff is really good.
For the quick washes, bird bombs, etc, I use ONR(Optimum No Rinse) as Quick Detailer or rinseless wash if I don't feel like breaking out the full wash stuff.

For glass I've been sticking with Stoners Invisible Glass. For water spots in glass I was using Chemicals Guys heavy duty cleaner called waterspot Rx, but sadly they've discontinued it and switched to a different product. I did buy the new version and it seems to be working as a water spot remover. It's just called CG Heavy Duty Water Spot remover now. The old version wasn't safe for paint. This stuff says it is.

For black trim things like the cowl and door or engine I use 303 protectant or Chemical Guys Black restorer.
What do you suggest for the rubber seals (window, door, trunk, etc.) for protectant?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've used https://www.amazon.com/303-30320-Pr...ild=1&keywords=303&qid=1623619594&sr=8-5&th=1 or Chemical Guys Chemical Guys Black On Black Instant Shine |

Since I don't need to use a lot I've had the same can/bottle for a while so I haven't tried anything new. 303 has rebranded their labels for example and added a wider range of products since I last purchased that. That stuff has worked well for me. OTher brands have stepped up their game so you can try those, but those 2 have been my go to currently.

Reactions: Tarou

·
Registered
2019 Corolla HB SE 6MT
82 Posts
I've used https://www.amazon.com/303-30320-Pr...ild=1&keywords=303&qid=1623619594&sr=8-5&th=1 or Chemical Guys Chemical Guys Black On Black Instant Shine |

Since I don't need to use a lot I've had the same can/bottle for a while so I haven't tried anything new. 303 has rebranded their labels for example and added a wider range of products since I last purchased that. That stuff has worked well for me. OTher brands have stepped up their game so you can try those, but those 2 have been my go to currently.
Any difference with the 303 protectant - Automotive vs the one that you linked?

·
Registered
628 Posts
The 303 seems easier to apply because it's a spray bottle vs aerosol. I like to spray to towel or foam applicator and not directly on the surface because you don't necessarily want to get it on the paint. In terms of performance, not sure. Since I apply every 1-3 weeks depending on how often I wash and whether the black trim and vinyl starts looking unprotected. If I were to go with one product though 303 seems to be the better one. But I feel like based on the few cars I've had the past 10 yrs depends on the black vinyl/plastic you're applying it to and whether it's old/oxidized vs newer.

Reactions: Tarou

·
Registered
2019 Corolla HB SE 6MT
82 Posts
The 303 seems easier to apply because it's a spray bottle vs aerosol. I like to spray to towel or foam applicator and not directly on the surface because you don't necessarily want to get it on the paint. In terms of performance, not sure. Since I apply every 1-3 weeks depending on how often I wash and whether the black trim and vinyl starts looking unprotected. If I were to go with one product though 303 seems to be the better one. But I feel like based on the few cars I've had the past 10 yrs depends on the black vinyl/plastic you're applying it to and whether it's old/oxidized vs newer.
Just ordered some 303 protectant, P&S interior cleaner, chemical guys VRP, and some detailing brushes for my new project :) . Thanks for the suggestions @Dimension C137

·
Registered
2019 Corolla HB SE 6MT
82 Posts
Questions for you ladies and gents…. What paint touch up/ chip correction kit are you guys using for your corollas or suggest? Got a rock chip that I would like to take care of before any further damage ensues

·
straight cash homie
22,816 Posts
MT thinks the best trim to get for the sedan is the SE; the LE Hybrid if you only care for the MPGs (Want the Prius without the ugly). I would have to agree...

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do you suggest for the rubber seals (window, door, trunk, etc.) for protectant?
Silicone Lubricant from WD-40 ( or Canadian Tire house brand ) It will prevent your doors and trunk from sticking in the winter. You can also use it on your windows to help the glass go up and down easier.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just watched a presentation video from Toyota USA's Youtube channel about the 2022 sedan. The only change I noticed was 2 new colors offered : ruby flare pearl and wind chill pearl (another shade of white to my eye). Sadly for me, no dark green. A good thing in a way, because I don't have to call the dealership to tell them to change my order's color.

I ordered my car in March, SE 6MT. the MT caused a 3 months delay and it has now been pushed back to late July/early August. Had a dark green color been offered for 2022, I would have called to try and make a color change if the car wasn't yet on the assembly line.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Tried out new Tire Dressing from Adams. I like it. Not overly glossy and doesn't sling.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota Corolla Hatchback XSE 6MT (MGM)
7 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any suggestions or guidelines on how to break in a 12th gen Corolla? I checked out the manual and it was kind of vague with only some concrete numbers.

I’m used to car manuals saying something similar to: “do not exceed 5000 RPM for the first 600 miles, then do not exceed 6000 RPM until 1000 miles.”

·
Registered
👽 e210 (m20a-fks) *6mt*💯
3,082 Posts
Don't redline it or slam on the brakes for the first 500-1000 you should be fine (is what it's saying)

These days engines are run prior to us getting our new cars so these guidelines aren't as strict as they once were.

Fun fact: this method is also suggested for a type of engine output... Likely fuel economy/reliability...If power output was your main concern then the break in method would be different.

·
♕
2020 XSE Sedan
205 Posts
just drive the car.

Does anyone know if there are any suggestions or guidelines on how to break in a 12th gen Corolla? I checked out the manual and it was kind of vague with only some concrete numbers.

I’m used to car manuals saying something similar to: “do not exceed 5000 RPM for the first 600 miles, then do not exceed 6000 RPM until 1000 miles.”

·
I love what you do for me...Toyota!
2019 Corolla Hatchba
415 Posts
Questions for you ladies and gents…. What paint touch up/ chip correction kit are you guys using for your corollas or suggest? Got a rock chip that I would like to take care of before any further damage ensues
Touchup Direct is a good place to go. They have all sorts of different kits you can buy. And tips on what will be best for the repair you are making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
👽 e210 (m20a-fks) *6mt*💯
3,082 Posts
Well my 21 didn't last long. Damn deer! Whole front clip is ruined and it won't run either.
View attachment 346172
Hope you're ok man .... poor car... stupid deer can't they tell where they put the deer crossing signs and use them accordingly..

181 - 200 of 262 Posts