Toyota Nation Forum banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
In the US, RockAuto, dealership parts website, dealership, local auto store.
Thanks for the reply. Happy Holidays mate.

Do you have a link to those sites? I mostly want to see if there are OEM online retailers that are reasonable and authentic.

I have a 4 cylinder and want to just reconfirm the fluid brands for ATF, P/S, coolant. I understand the stickies, but things can always change and I hope to find updated guidance. Thanks.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
8,377 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Happy Holidays mate.

Do you have a link to those sites? I mostly want to see if there are OEM online retailers that are reasonable and authentic.

I have a 4 cylinder and want to just reconfirm the fluid brands for ATF, P/S, coolant. I understand the stickies, but things can always change and I hope to find updated guidance. Thanks.
https://www.rockauto.com/ <<< If I can get a Toyota OEM Denso part from them, then I will get it from them.
https://parts.olathetoyota.com/ <<< I usually use them as a reference for part numbers and as an optional place to get parts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
2002 Models - Plain or stepped hat style.
If your rotor is warped, I'd suggest the stepped hat style.

We have a 2002 ES300 that was serviced at 10k miles under TSB BR002R-02 because of brake vibration. The TSB updated the rotors to stepped hat style.
2002-2003 Es300 Owners - Useful Info
(At around 75k miles, I had to get new rotors again. I got 120.44088 from Amazon because of free shipping.)

Also see reviews for the plain style with two 1 star reviews about it being warped:
Amazon.com: Centric 120.44125 Premium Brake Rotor: Automotive
versus the stepped hat:
Amazon.com: Centric Parts INC 120.44088 Premium Brake Rotor with E-Coating: Automotive

More discussions:
Disc Brake Rotor Design
"A heat dam is often machined into the area between the friction surface and hat on most rotors. The dam is a thinner section of metal that reduces heat transfer from the rotor surface to the hat. This protects the wheel hub and bearings from the heat and also allows the rotor to flex when it gets hot to reduce the risk of warping and cracking.

Brake rotors: "Plain hat vs "stepped hat"?
"Stepped type is known as a heat break or heat dam to reduce heat transfer to the hub section, and then transferring to your car's hub (Wheel bearing and CV Joint).

It looks like Scotty Kilmer also got the stepped hat style for his wife's ES300:

·
Registered
2009 Camry LE V6
1,339 Posts
There are several youtube videos. I had mine done at the dealer. Toyota TSB - See TC010-07
I had mine done at the dealer a few years ago and they opened one side bolt using the tool/container noted in TC010-07 and then opened another bolt on the opposite side and they "flushed" 4 quarts of transmission fluid through the system. Not a complete drain and fill but as it turns out, mine was low from the factory and the tranny was slippinig on occasion and the problem went away after this procedure which cost $100. The idea you never need to change any of the fluid like they say is absurd.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Changed my swaybar links and lower ball joint today, in addition to the kyb struts I installed last year. My 02 Camry handles really well with a tighter steering feel.

181 - 187 of 187 Posts