Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 80 of 175 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Thank you Hardtopte72.
No noise and no cracks. So they should hold for about 3 km ?
Yup. My Camry has 131K miles and I replaced the belt with the water pump. I kept it because it's still good. Zero issues with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My toyota camry 2007 v6 automatic gear selection isnt smooth when changing gears! It has about 155kmiles on it! Never changed the transmisssion oil once! What do i do?

·
Super Moderator
14,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

·
Registered
69 Posts
Has anyone had any experience with Castrol TranSynd or Amsoil Torque-Drive in a fifth- or sixth-generation Camry automatic transmission?

Edit: My application is a 2005 Toyota Camry V6 XLE for which I am taking over maintenance responsibilities. It has about 37,000 miles but shift quality seems to have deteriorated slightly and I am looking to improve performance generally by moving to full synthetic for both the engine oil and ATF.

·
Super Moderator
14,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Major update to brake rotor and pad section and well as breaking initial post into two separate posts.

·
Super Moderator
14,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Added Redline and Amsoil ATF and removed Mobil 1 synthetic ATF.

·
Speedkar99 on YouTube
1,844 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Suggestion,

Can you add a section to the sticky that lists all the common problems, trouble spots and what to look out for with the Camry? And perhaps a list of the model year changes?

That way someone looking for a Camry can refer to it for research, instead of posting individual threads like this:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/104-5th-6th-generation-2002-2006-2007-2011/1068170-looking-buy-2003-camry.html
I do somewhat on the first page:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/104-5th-6th-generation-2002-2006-2007-2011/688353-hardtopte72-new-camry-purchase-recommendations-thread.html

I can update the thread if needed.

A specific detailed thread on just the info you listed will take a while to put together. I may do that eventually, but as of right now I don't have any immediate plans to get on that.

I have already gone through the detailed problems lists on some cars before on some other threads:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/104-5th-6th-generation-2002-2006-2007-2011/1041841-2007-camry-se-4cyl.html#post8898369

Some of the others I am having trouble finding.

·
Super Moderator
14,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Major update to transmission filter section.

·
Super Moderator
14,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Added Advics and Beck/Arnley Rotor and Pad info.

·
3,407 Posts
Just FYI re: Pennzoil Ultra Platinum:

A mechanical engineer by the name 540 RAT has a blog and has done (and continues to do) various wear and temp testing of motor oils (among many other things) - there are no page numbers as it is one HUGE page, but it is near the top. He has rated the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum as #1 in wear protection of the newest Pennzoil synthetics (section 15 and 16 of his blog). Section 14 indicates its wear protection if you put in a certain additive (highest he has ever seen to date). It ranks #27 out of 159 oils in his list right out of the bottle, but many of those ranked higher have an additive in it. When he put in Prolong Engine Treatment it is the #1 ranked oil on his list. He states he has no affiliation with any oil company or additive company, and is not recommending anything, just reporting data.

https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/motor-oil-wear-test-ranking/

Bottom line is, it is one pretty damn good oil right out of the bottle. I put it in my Tacoma this last OCI, and plan on switching to it for my Camry.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
For Coolant, adding OEM brand. Found at Pepboys.

OEM has concentrate version of Blue SKU:879925, Red SKU:879901, Pink SKU:879899. Red (Toyota) and Blue (Honda) basically the same.

This coolant is like Zerex Asian (is 50/50) but available as concentrate. $20

·
Super Moderator
14,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Added Reochem OEM Premium Coolant for the Canadian owners.

61 - 80 of 175 Posts
About this Discussion
174 Replies
57 Participants
dboyallstars
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing