Toyota Nation Forum banner

2281 - 2295 of 2295 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Just put some fresh gas in there. Just under 2 gallons. My tank stays FULL. Due to putting such a small amount in possible bad gas, I decided to run the car for 5-7 minutes to let it circulate and mix in.

Sure enough, in the last 30 seconds or so of it running, I noticed the RPMs pick up a little and engine seem to smooth out. Checked the exhaust and saw what I thought was some water droplets wanting to come out. Not thought I saw... saw. Again, on this HOT and HUMID night here in NJ, 89 and humidity at about 100%, thinking THAT could be normal.. stationary car. Plus, that talk of how a byproduct of combustion is water, and i just added fresh gas .

Another test drive is in order. And watch the tailpipe. A drop technically never dripped today; but they did form. The circumstances of which may be normal, engine still runs perfect. If I can get out of the running car and go to the back and look at my exhaust on fully warmed up/hot engine on the next test drive as I did today, then I can stop fretting about it.

Check mark in the category for "old gas" today. The next test drive will tell me if adding some fresh gas solved or at least greatly improved the issue. Gas seems to break down quickly.

·
2006 Corolla XRS
5,960 Posts
Yeah you can attach photos as thumbnail or drag n drop into the post.

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,056 Posts
Not my Corolla, but my 1988 Mustang: I bought a new ignition switch tumbler and key because the original wore out, and looking at the box it came in, it's labeled WVE. It said Airtex-Wells on Rock's site.

But I also see the NGK and NTK logos on the box! It was half the price of the Motorcraft piece... And it works.

·
Premium Member
1994 Corolla DX
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,293
Quick question: I broke off a stud while changing a wheel (front axle). Is it necessary to remove the hub assembly to replace it?

Just to know what kind of expense I should expect.
Nope. It's sufficient to remove the brake caliper assembly (so the rotor can be removed) and tap or press the stud out. I did this myself for a couple of studs and it was pretty easy.

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
3,578 Posts
I'd be a little scared to tap/hammer it out for fear of damaging the wheel bearings. I'm not sure if that would actually damage it though. They do make little presses to press studs out.

2281 - 2295 of 2295 Posts