Toyota Nation Forum banner

3001 - 3020 of 3022 Posts

·
Token Aussie
1998 AE102, 2018 ZRE182
2,247 Posts
Good thing you were by yourself otherwise you'd have to resort to cannibalism.
Pretty sure I made a similar joke a couple of years ago the last time he went over Donner...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,081 Posts
Had to drive to Nevada for work twice in a week. Took Donner Pass on the way home and it was gorgeous. Also got stuck in some snow lol.
Did you find anything to eat when you got stuck? hehehe

·
1996 Toyota Corolla
10,404 Posts
I miss my dog...

Jokes aside I did take him to Reno with me last time. He enjoyed the vacation. Even while I was working my ass off since it was a work trip, I had a bed in the car filled with hand warmers and he was SO COSY.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Holy crap man does your camera have cataracts? I can't see a damn thing!
the lens might be dirty or bad hazy sunlight lighting
probably film from all the grease and lube on my hands operating it, that is probably it

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Holy crap man does your camera have cataracts? I can't see a damn thing!
I bet that the lens is scratched from dragging tablet along concrete :( Why it's fuzzy

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
underneath yesterday i only spotted one fuel tank strap
i thought there should be two of them? but i do not see a spot for the bolts to go in for a 2nd strap?

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,081 Posts
At railroad crossings please wait until the the lights stop flashing before crossing. In Arizona a couple days ago two cars started crossing after a train went by and were hit by a second train coming in the opposite direction. The article doesn't state that there were flashing lights, but I see it all the time. People see the train go by and figure it's safe to go. I always wait until the lights stop flashing. Not only is it illegal just like going through a red light, but if a second train is coming the lights should stay flashing. Ideally, you wait until you can see in both directions before crossing too.

The sheriff's office says the two vehicles were stopped at the railroad crossing, waiting for a passing eastbound train. Once the eastbound train passed, the cars began to cross the intersection, not noticing that a westbound train was approaching, sheriff's officials say. Both vehicles were hit by the westbound train.
Three people killed in collision with train near Kingman

Reactions: 97tacomaHA

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The color will stay the same but the invisible corrosion inhibitors will be gone. Even old coolant will oook the same and it will be able to cool the engine. The ethylene glycol and water which provide the cooling capacity don't go anywhere. Just the corrosion inhibitors get used up.

I had the same experience with the block drain plug. I didn't want to snap it off and create more problems, so I flushed it several times with distilled water and just drained from the radiator. I had to put a little lube on the radiator o-ring otherwise it would get twisted around.
what is 'old coolant' to you?
like mileage/use wise? or age wise outside of the original container sitting in the radiator and engine?

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,081 Posts
what is 'old coolant' to you?
like mileage/use wise? or age wise outside of the original container sitting in the radiator and engine?
It used to be 2 years and maybe 24,000 miles, but newer coolants claim the corrosion inhibitors last 5 years.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It used to be 2 years and maybe 24,000 miles, but newer coolants claim the corrosion inhibitors last 5 years.
5 years could equal 250,000 miles for the driving enthusiast!

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,081 Posts
What Prestone recommends for these Corollas says 10 years/300,000 miles now. The miles somewhat depends on if it's mostly city or highway. I'd say just change it a little sooner to be on the safe side. I'm due for a change now too. About 4 years and 50,000 mostly highway miles, but the coolant I used then said 5 years.

·
Premium Member
14,752 Posts
We suggest 3yr/30k standard green and 5yr/60k for our long life coolant which comes uncolored, we color it per vehicle.

Toyota red long life is 10yr 100k I think and pink super long life is like redic high miles and long time. I put red back in my Celica because that's what I took out of it.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,081 Posts
3001 - 3020 of 3022 Posts