Toyota Nation Forum banner

Official 7th gen Chat Thread

161876 Views 3761 Replies 69 Participants Last post by  Bitter
As the title says, let's talk! :)

See the little tab on the top of the gear shifter panel? Pop it off and push the button - see page 185 in your owners manual (page 17 of this PDF): http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM12744U/pdf/4.pdf That will allow you to put it in N and start the car.
3701 - 3720 of 3762 Posts

· Token Aussie
1998 AE102 sedan, 2006 ZZE122 wagon, 2018 ZRE182 hatch
2,633 Posts
Pretty sure *66 is referring to cars with ABS (as the driveshaft will need the tone ring on the CV for the ABS sensor). The *66 I'm guessing is a code or an alphanumeric representation of a symbol (like uni-code or somesuch) although other items will say w(ABS) for some reason. You see *80 when looking at steering wheels for instance, which refers to whether or not it has an airbag.

1996 Toyota Corolla
10,444 Posts
Bitter, in regards to the brake thread info about greases, what would you use on the brake pad clip that supports the pads on a Wilwood caliper? It goes through the two holes in the pad to keep them suspended and the pads slide on the clip in and out a little. My brakes tend to make a metallic click when I hit the brakes, I assume from the pads moving on that clip. Once I grease the clip it goes away. BUT with race pads now there's a ton of dust and I feel like grease may be a bad idea. I generally use Super Lube silicone.

· Registered
1997 Corolla
6,575 Posts
Something to bush the gap in those holes, where the W clip passes through the pad assemblies?:unsure:

· Premium Member
15,099 Posts
I thought about that but you'd need something that'll withstand high heat like metal, but metal will expand along with the pads and possibly bind up under high temps. They're race car brakes, just be happy they don't sound like you're murdering an tenor sax when they're cold.

· Registered
1997 Corolla
6,482 Posts
Says it's been down more than a week.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gen7-bestGen
3701 - 3720 of 3762 Posts