Toyota Nation Forum banner

541 - 560 of 593 Posts

·
It's Official
9,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #541
Good Day, 1st post here. Great info. Saw a New '18 Camry V6 XSE in Dark Grey yesterday and liked it, going to look at them tomorrow at the Dealer. A few questions:

After reading Entune issues, looks like I want the Toyota Nav option, $ 1990.00?? I have an I Phone 7+. Don't know why they don't offer Car Play and Android Auto.. Have tried it with Honda and Ford and Nav is not needed, use the phone with a cable works great, with voice instructions.

Does this model come standard with any Floor Mats or do I have to buy the carpeted Floor Mat Accessory?

Anyone compare the Trunk Mat and Trunk Carpet options??

I know I want the Mud Flaps, do I need the Wheel locks??

Has anyone had the Illuminated Door Sills installed, and if you don't mind how much installed by the Dealer??

No Cooled Seat option, correct??

Any Dealers sell Parts and Accessories On-line for good pricing?? Same thing for the Toyota extended Warranty??

Thank-you
95% sure you have to get the option to have carpeted floor mats. Some higher trim models may have them included. Best to go to the online configuration tool on Toyota’s website and build it and see if they’re an option. Something like $230 for carpeted floor/trunk mat?

Online parts, buy from @ToyotaOfCoolSprings parts online. Rock solid service and fast shipping. Plus site sponsors, so you can easily get ahold of them if you need/wish.

·
straight cash homie
18,802 Posts
Good Day, 1st post here. Great info. Saw a New '18 Camry V6 XSE in Dark Grey yesterday and liked it, going to look at them tomorrow at the Dealer. A few questions:

After reading Entune issues, looks like I want the Toyota Nav option, $ 1990.00?? I have an I Phone 7+. Don't know why they don't offer Car Play and Android Auto.. Have tried it with Honda and Ford and Nav is not needed, use the phone with a cable works great, with voice instructions.
Toyota is stubborn on this issue. Personally, I would opt for the Navigation so you don't have to fuss with the Scout/Entune GPS. But this is something they can easily rectify if they choose to.
Does this model come standard with any Floor Mats or do I have to buy the carpeted Floor Mat Accessory?
Floor mats are not standard, BUT the Camrys you see on the lot will 99.9% be ordered with carpet floor mats. If not, they will have all-weather mats. Very seldom does a Camry come to the dealer without an option specifying floor mats (They also offer option packages that combine cargo net and other things too)

I know I want the Mud Flaps, do I need the Wheel locks??
Your prerogative
Has anyone had the Illuminated Door Sills installed, and if you don't mind how much installed by the Dealer??
Dealers set their own prices, but the parts' pricing are usually fixed, and GreatAvalon addressed that
Any Dealers sell Parts and Accessories On-line for good pricing?? Same thing for the Toyota extended Warranty??
You can also Google around. My approach is find out what part you want, get its part number, and go to the various Toyota dealers selling online. You can utilize Toyota Cool Springs but I found them more expensive than other dealers for when I needed a part because I live on the opposite side of the country and shipping kills whatever advantage, so YMMV.

My personal feeling is that if you want your Camry with specific options and accessories (in Toyota talk, they're considered PPO or Post-Production Option), talk to your dealer to ask about special ordering. It usually is cheaper than trying install the parts after you buy the car off the lot since dealers would charge you more than if Toyota installed them on the car before it reaches the dealer.

Chances are, they could have a "Gray XSE V6" coming to them and being built but where they could modify the order (change factory options and PPOs).

T

·
0 Posts
Only time a new vehicle doesn't come with mats is when the New Car manager ordering vehicles forgets to tick the box for floor mats. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great info here, appreciate it.

I did go to the Build/Price area on the Toyota site. So I order the carpeted Floor Mats and either the Trunk Mat or Trunk Carpet. Thought maybe Mats are standard and these add-ons we're maybe better quality.

Cooled Seats and Apple Car Play are not a Factory option? Looked and didn't see them.. Does the Factory Toyota Nav. give real time traffic up-dates like Google Maps does?? IE get off the Freeway, saves 9 minutes?? I am in S. Ca and use it daily.

Wondered what the installed price was for the Illuminated Door Sills. I see the parts are $ 299.00 on the web-site.

How does the V6 Transmission really operate?? Issues in real driving? Has Toyota addressed it with a TSB? Does it help, or is all of this over blown and the Trans. works fine??

Toyota Extended Warranty. Prices are usually negotiable, any Dealers sell it on-line? Any price info here??

Thank-you...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sometimes I am a little thick headed. Finally realized you can order the accessories with the vehicle. I like to order my cars, arrive prep, detail take home a day or 2 later in good shape.

2018 Camry XSE V6 $ 34,950.00
Predawn Grey Mica, Black Leather
Driver Assist with Options $1990.00
Carpet Mat Package $ 224.00
Illum. Door Sills $ 299.00
Mudguards $ 129.00

Delivery $ 895.00

MSRP $ 38,487.00

Invoice, about: $ 34,874.00

Hopefully go see the cars in the next couple of days... Appreciate the help..

·
straight cash homie
18,802 Posts
Only time a new vehicle doesn't come with mats is when the New Car manager ordering vehicles forgets to tick the box for floor mats. :D
I wish more GSMs would do that. When I bought my Corolla, I specified on the build sheet for all weathers. Shame that you have to dig and get lucky to find a car that is exactly the way you want with the options and PPOs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The new Avalon debuted today with Apple CarPlay. I don't see how they can not put it in the 2019 Camry. Funny thing is, there's no Android Auto, just AA. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
Got pulled over last night on my way home from work. Cop said I didn't have any tag lights. I was shocked to say the least. I told him the car is only 5 months old and that I had no idea they weren't working. He let me go with out a ticket. I took the trunk cover off today to see why and the electrical plug for the license plate light somehow came unplugged and was just hanging there. I plugged it in and everything was working fine. Weird!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Got pulled over last night on my way home from work. Cop said I didn't have any tag lights. I was shocked to say the least. I told him the car is only 5 months old and that I had no idea they weren't working. He let me go with out a ticket. I took the trunk cover off today to see why and the electrical plug for the license plate light somehow came unplugged and was just hanging there. I plugged it in and everything was working fine. Weird!
Not weird ..... but someone at the dealer was incompetent for not catching it in the vehicle inspection.

In case you don't watch shows like LIVE-PD -- Most police stops that end up in huge drug busts involve burned out tail lights, excess tint, expired tags, one headlight that doesn't work ....... yada yada.

At least you weren't driving a Ford Fusion made in Mexico which often comes standard with a $1 million more or less of illegal drugs in the spare tire !!!!

https://jalopnik.com/drug-cartels-are-using-ford-fusions-to-smuggle-curiousl-1794702563

https://jalopnik.com/1-million-worth-of-marijuana-found-inside-new-ford-fus-1796979822

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/16/us/marijuana-ford-fusion/index.html

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm actually watching live pd as I type this lol. They were working a few weeks ago. The plug some how got loose and disconnected. Must not have been clipped in all the way.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Great info here, appreciate it.

I did go to the Build/Price area on the Toyota site. So I order the carpeted Floor Mats and either the Trunk Mat or Trunk Carpet. Thought maybe Mats are standard and these add-ons we're maybe better quality.

Cooled Seats and Apple Car Play are not a Factory option? Looked and didn't see them.. Does the Factory Toyota Nav. give real time traffic up-dates like Google Maps does?? IE get off the Freeway, saves 9 minutes?? I am in S. Ca and use it daily.

Wondered what the installed price was for the Illuminated Door Sills. I see the parts are $ 299.00 on the web-site.

How does the V6 Transmission really operate?? Issues in real driving? Has Toyota addressed it with a TSB? Does it help, or is all of this over blown and the Trans. works fine??

Toyota Extended Warranty. Prices are usually negotiable, any Dealers sell it on-line? Any price info here??

Thank-you...
No cooled seats and I think there's a package for carpet mats and trunk mat it's on line in pricing. I would seriously check out the carpet mats in person. I saw the ones for the accord and were cheapest shit ever. Mine was ordered with all weather including trunk and I'm sticking with those.

I had the sills installed was supposedly dealer cost installled at under $300 but not sure I trust much from them but I was good with it as I really wanted them. If you do order I believe someone posted install instruction if you want to DIY.

I have not seen any issues with tranny and mine was GM demo if there were issues he would have had them addressed I pulled records there.

On locks and mud guards those are up to you I passed on both esp the locks not sure they're not useful unless your hood experiences theft regularly. I like the mud flaps but never seen installed and I prefer not to drill into my vehicle to install.

·
Registered
663 Posts
One thing I just noticed that could really suck. If you had to pick up a large item and couldn't get your trunk closed completely the dinger would go off constantly the entire ride.

Also sometimes I want to do some spirited driving so I hold the traction button for 3 seconds. That shuts off traction and stability control. Two lights come on the dash. One for traction control being off and one for pre collision being off. I'm fine with the two lights but why does the screen in the gauge cluster also have to say traction and stability off. There is no way to get it to go away. It just always says that until you turn everything back on. The dummy lights are enough Toyota. With that displayed on the screen I cant see other info like tire pressures.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do you guys think CarPlay, ventilated seats, power side mirrors and cap less fuel filler will be added to next years or mid generation refresh? Accord already have all those features...

·
It's Official
9,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #554
Do you guys think CarPlay, ventilated seats, power side mirrors and cap less fuel filler will be added to next years or mid generation refresh? Accord already have all those features...

2019 MY. I believe it was announced?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Toyota Marketing Department makes BOLD move?
Industry insiders and owners of new 2018 Camrys with Entune 3 Plus might be wondering what the marketing department in Plano TX was thinking. Is their thinking behind the bold moves made by the Toyota marketing department to try to run off the most coveted customers in the industry - the repeat customer? The Entune 3 plus infotainment system in the 2018 Camry appears to be designed to do just that. Not only run off repeat customers. But the repeat customer who buys Camrys with the additional priced options.
For 2018 Toyota marketing department decided to remove features that past Entune systems had. Now new customers will not know this so they will be happy to buy new 2018 Camrys with the crippled system in it to start with. They will not know any better. But repeat customers will see the difference when features like “song selection not available on their USB stick” while the vehicle is moving or album graphics not visible unless the car is in PARK.
It is known that the more options on a vehicle the better the profit. So what has possessed the Toyota marketing department to make such a bold move and “run off their repeat customers?” Could it be group insanity, or Glaucoma Marihuana prescriptions or Honda has infiltrated the Toyota marketing department to cause Toyota to implode from within? No one knows for sure. But the industry is now thinking with Toyota’s huge Entune3 Plus blunder and some others in the new 2018 Camry, Toyota will drop from the top spot and a different auto maker will end up top dog in the industry.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Toyota Marketing Department makes BOLD move?
Industry insiders and owners of new 2018 Camrys with Entune 3 Plus might be wondering what the marketing department in Plano TX was thinking. Is their thinking behind the bold moves made by the Toyota marketing department to try to run off the most coveted customers in the industry - the repeat customer? The Entune 3 plus infotainment system in the 2018 Camry appears to be designed to do just that. Not only run off repeat customers. But the repeat customer who buys Camrys with the additional priced options.
For 2018 Toyota marketing department decided to remove features that past Entune systems had. Now new customers will not know this so they will be happy to buy new 2018 Camrys with the crippled system in it to start with. They will not know any better. But repeat customers will see the difference when features like “song selection not available on their USB stick” while the vehicle is moving or album graphics not visible unless the car is in PARK.
It is known that the more options on a vehicle the better the profit. So what has possessed the Toyota marketing department to make such a bold move and “run off their repeat customers?” Could it be group insanity, or Glaucoma Marihuana prescriptions or Honda has infiltrated the Toyota marketing department to cause Toyota to implode from within? No one knows for sure. But the industry is now thinking with Toyota’s huge Entune3 Plus blunder and some others in the new 2018 Camry, Toyota will drop from the top spot and a different auto maker will end up top dog in the industry.
What is this from? Also, the more I read about the new camry (transmission, entune) the more I want a new accord. I thought the entune radio sucked on my 17se, I guess i was wrong

·
Registered
198 Posts
The inability to see song or album lists while driving is infuriating and an act of sheer stupidity. The Gen 7 JBL system was not that good from an audio quality standpoint but at least, with a USB flash drive, it had visible listings when moving, sorts on track numbers with cursor and selection control on the steering wheel. The Gen 8 JBL system is superior from a pure audio standpoint but has eliminated all of the above. Toyota should have left the Radar cruise control on the usual stick off the steering column and left the audio controls on the wheel. The new system defaults to an artist first sort and alphabetical songs second which makes voice control useless if you call up an album with multiple artists in it. It will ask you which artist you want instead of bringing up the songs in the album. I've had to work around this by knocking out the individual artists on the tags and replacing them with a generic artist name for all the songs in the album. The system literally ignores track numbers. If you have an album with one artist but is played in a specific order, good luck. The songs will play in alpha order unless you modify their tags with 01, 02 etc. before the song titles. I've done all of this and it was a pain but voice command pretty much nails each request. Here's the thing. I swear that when I got my '18 XLE last September, album and track selections were visible when driving an the scroll knob worked with them. Then something changed and they were no longer visible. Maybe I'm just imagining this but I'm an AV buff so I would have been instantly aware of this and would have contacted my dealer pretty quickly. The shame is that, overall, the 2018 V6 XLE is an excellent car, a pleasure to drive with a very good audio system. It's too bad that Toyota has tarnished it with very poor electronics engineering.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Here is what's odd about the music album art covered blocked when not in parking. If you have a picture of a phone contact and they call you while driving, their photo comes up on the screen and shows the whole time. It is not blocked like the music album art cover????? I don't get the difference.

Ian B

·
Registered
143 Posts
It is such a beautiful car with the nice 18" factory wheels and now with windows tinted 16%. My favorite car yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

541 - 560 of 593 Posts