Toyota Nation Forum banner

561 - 580 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
A great car ...... with not so great commercials. I'd fire the ad agency as well as the vice president of marketing.
Another commercial has a bunch of chics utilizing the large cargo area to throw all their purses in lol. Im shocked it dont have one of those fuzzy pink steering wheel covers factory installed.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is what's odd about the music album art covered blocked when not in parking. If you have a picture of a phone contact and they call you while driving, their photo comes up on the screen and shows the whole time. It is not blocked like the music album art cover????? I don't get the difference.
I am pretty certain it's not intentional.
It's a software bug that has not been caught by whatever quality assurance Toyota applies to this area.

·
Official TN Member from Ontario, Canada
114 Posts
It's a software bug that has not been caught by whatever quality assurance Toyota applies to this area.
Just maybe no QA check was done there, hence the problem.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think its so there is nothing to focus on while driving. I wish there was a hack to play videos while driving in case a kid or old lady is in the car.
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Guys,

I've recently upgraded from a 2005 camry to the 2019 model, overall very excited about the car. I have one issue with the Adaptive cruise control on this XLE trim, which bothers me, and I am afraid if it's an issue and I need to take it to a dealer to fix. Honestly I have low trust and expectation of dealers to fix it for me and not damage something else (Please advise if you think otherwise, or have suggestions), and ultimately turning into a bigger problem.

Here I recorded what the noise that my car makes when lowering speed, noticeable at below 20 mph speeds. Please take a look at the video provided below (11 to 16 seconds in the movie). Is mine normal? Or there's something wrong with it? What would be the best course of action in your opinion?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I3MsIqr22jPJZlR6z6u-wOHo4JbBg6zk/view?usp=sharing

·
16' Camry SE & 18' Camry XSE
631 Posts
Mine doesn't do that when slowing down or stopping. Have them take a look ai it.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine doesn't do that when slowing down or stopping. Have them take a look ai it.

Silly question, do I have to take it to the dealer that I bought the car from, or any Toyota dealer would work? The one I bought is like 50 miles from me 🙄

·
16' Camry SE & 18' Camry XSE
631 Posts
Silly question, do I have to take it to the dealer that I bought the car from, or any Toyota dealer would work? The one I bought is like 50 miles from me
General consensus is that dealer you bought the car from will take care of you better, however it has not been a case for me. Just go to your local dealer, be polite and look concerned. If you get no resolution then go back to where you made a purchase.

But in short, no you don't have to take it to the dealer you bought the car from. Toyota warranty is valid in any dealer in USA.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here’s a dumb question from a guy who has been wrenching since the 70s.. The reason I ask is my buddy is ordering from Rock this week and I want to snag a few oil filters. Duhhhhhh. WHAT OIL FILTER does a 2018 SXE 2.5 have? I’m thinking the new old fashioned spin onbut figure I better ask first as Rock shows both. I can’t even see mine without doing a panelectomy in the sloppy driveway and I’m just not feeling all that adventurous.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here’s a dumb question from a guy who has been wrenching since the 70s.. The reason I ask is my buddy is ordering from Rock this week and I want to snag a few oil filters. Duhhhhhh. WHAT OIL FILTER does a 2018 SXE 2.5 have? I’m thinking the new old fashioned spin onbut figure I better ask first as Rock shows both. I can’t even see mine without doing a panelectomy in the sloppy driveway and I’m just not feeling all that adventurous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
723 Posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Camry 2.5 oil filter number 90915-YZZM1. Yes it's a little spin on filter. Access directly under bumper it looks like there is a black cover you unscrew. If you look just a little further back you'll see a smaller access panel that you unscrew and the drain plug and filter are right there and easy to get to.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bump...Didn’t want to make a new thread, so I’ll ask her instead, but does anyone use a keyfob cover for the switch blade style key? My keyfob gets banged from having it on my carabiner so I was wondering if anyone uses them on here and where they got theirs from. Thanks in advance!

561 - 580 of 593 Posts