Toyota Nation Forum banner

601 - 607 of 607 Posts

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,268 Posts
I just bought a 2018 Camry LE, Can any one tell me how to turn off or silence the Lane departure alert? It is very annoying on narrow country roads.
You can turn it off on the steering wheel. It's on the right side with a picture of a car crossing over a solid line.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Ground clearance as in it sitting lower? What did you encounter that caused issues...speed bumps? Asking genuinely so I can be prepared.
I'm not the person you asked, but the 2018 ground clearance is 0.4" lower than the 2017, but still higher than the Camry's closest competitors.

2017 Camry: 6.1"
2018 Camry: 5.7"
2018 Accord: 5.5"
2018 Altima: 5.4"

·
Registered
190 Posts
I’m sure some people laugh about this and like their car to behave like it’s a Ferrari running a Lemans circuit. Then there’s the rest of us that drive in the real world where there’s speed bumps extreme ramps,pot holes and all the other accompanying hazards out there. Putting these things on the ground as they are all doing may be gaining some tiny bit of Efficiency but it sure does the rest of us a great disservice when we drag the base in real world driving.
Those of us in snow countryWhich happens to be the greater part of the United States and Canada know very well what happens when some tractor-trailer shits and ice chunk. They don’t magically go away they go away when the next poor slob encounters it. Hell even in regular snow once you start to drag the base you’re going to be stuck in very short order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Camry XSE
2 Posts
I’m sure some people laugh about this and like their car to behave like it’s a Ferrari running a Lemans circuit. Then there’s the rest of us that drive in the real world where there’s speed bumps extreme ramps,pot holes and all the other accompanying hazards out there. Putting these things on the ground as they are all doing may be gaining some tiny bit of Efficiency but it sure does the rest of us a great disservice when we drag the base in real world driving.
Those of us in snow countryWhich happens to be the greater part of the United States and Canada know very well what happens when some tractor-trailer shits and ice chunk. They don’t magically go away they go away when the next poor slob encounters it. Hell even in regular snow once you start to drag the base you’re going to be stuck in very short order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The car is not even remotely low though. The front end clears a curb stop. I have have several cars with much less ground clearance and still never encountered any issues. If ground clearance is exactly what people are searching for, then get an SUV

·
Registered
389 Posts
The car is not even remotely low though. The front end clears a curb stop. I have have several cars with much less ground clearance and still never encountered any issues. If ground clearance is exactly what people are searching for, then get an SUV
It's horribly low if you aren't a wannabe race fan... I solved the problem NOT by getting an SUV, but by getting a 2017 Camry SE. I love it and I get under it without special ramps.. The 2018 Camry I bought from new, had an awful schistsy transmission and I grew to hate the go-kart height.. Even the tall 2017 SE only just clears the kerbs in Wisconsin.. The 2017 has a wider trunk too, and we couldn't get 2 large suitcases in the 2018 side by side.. First time I have ever sold a new car and bought an older one, but I am so glad I did... The 2018 transmission is a SCANDAL (even flashed)...

·
Registered
10 Posts
What up. I have 2018 Camry se been having it for 2 yrs goin on my 3rd. Now it's time to do all things I want to. It's a great car but I'm ready to customize it I already got my rims 19x8.5 offset at +30 with 225/35 tires. I ordered coilovers coming in soon. Got a front lip coming in soon too. Bout to order a cold air intake. But I've notice these clean xse clear Amber delete headlights and I seem that I can't find it does anyone have a clue where I can get them. If you look at the photo you'll see the clear headlight any info will thanks

Attachments

601 - 607 of 607 Posts