Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 80 of 592 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,416 Posts

Found this pic online.. this pic was taken in Iraq! They have probably started production overseas already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like despite the leaked "Asian Camry" pictures the V60 gonna be a global model and if this picture really taken in Iraq or anywhere in the Middle East, Australian factory already pumping out the 2018's.
p.s that fake rear under the light vent is fugly...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks like despite the leaked "Asian Camry" pictures the V60 gonna be a global model and if this picture really taken in Iraq or anywhere in the Middle East, Australian factory already pumping out the 2018's....
Definitely not coming from the Australian Altona factory - it's producing 7th gen only then closing down completely on October 3rd this year.

8th Gen Camry's for Australia and New Zealand will be sourced from Japan.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Still no Apple Play/Android Auto integration? What is it that Toyota has against incorporating current technology in its cars? It's still using the JBL audio system in 2018 but, hopefully, it will be significantly better than the current "Premium" system. Entune couldn't be any worse so maybe things like voice recognition will be improved. I'm not incredibly optimistic so we'll see. I am hoping to trade my 2015 XLE V6 for a 2018 model but if the electronics haven't improved by a fair margin, I'll probably pass.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Still no Apple Play/Android Auto integration? What is it that Toyota has against incorporating current technology in its cars? It's still using the JBL audio system in 2018 but, hopefully, it will be significantly better than the current "Premium" system. Entune couldn't be any worse so maybe things like voice recognition will be improved. I'm not incredibly optimistic so we'll see. I am hoping to trade my 2015 XLE V6 for a 2018 model but if the electronics haven't improved by a fair margin, I'll probably pass.
Toyota is supposedly coming out with their own form of phone integration in their cars. When we see this, who knows. I do agree with you though, I believe they will lose younger drivers because of their stubbornness.

·
Registered
383 Posts
In Hawaii, we don't have the option of utilizing Entune, so the lack of Apple CarPlay/Android Auto is even more of an issue. Wireless Apple CarPlay would be what I'd want. Having to physically connect my phone via USB would be a hassle.

·
TN の がしょう
7,388 Posts
You can stream music through your phone via bluetooth because of this, it's not a big issue for me if the car doesn't have Apply/Android car play.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You can stream music through your phone via bluetooth because of this, it's not a big issue for me if the car doesn't have Apply/Android car play.
That's what I do -- and the ability to navigate playlists, skip tracks, etc. is pretty much all I need.

However, having never used Apple CarPlay, I don't know what I'm missing. If people are making buying decisions because of it (or lack thereof), it must be pretty impressive. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's what I do -- and the ability to navigate playlists, skip tracks, etc. is pretty much all I need.

However, having never used Apple CarPlay, I don't know what I'm missing. If people are making buying decisions because of it (or lack thereof), it must be pretty impressive. :)
Likewise, if the new Camry can do that well, I'll be happy.

I'm new to modern Toyota's and seriously interested in the forthcoming 8th Gen, but checking on forum feedback around the current and earlier versions of their 'Entune' suite doesn't inspire confidence, but I'm lead to to believe the Camry will ship with a new iteration (version '3.0'), so here's hoping they continue development into something that is a pleasure rather than a frustration to use.

Having said that, a cursory check of Apple CarPlay feedback in various car forums shows plenty of frustration with it's buggy implementation, even within high-end brands like Porsche. Sadly car infotainment systems always seem to disappoint...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Likewise, if the new Camry can do that well, I'll be happy.

I'm new to modern Toyota's and seriously interested in the forthcoming 8th Gen, but checking on forum feedback around the current and earlier versions of their 'Entune' suite doesn't inspire confidence, but I'm lead to to believe the Camry will ship with a new iteration (version '3.0'), so here's hoping they continue development into something that is a pleasure rather than a frustration to use.

Having said that, a cursory check of Apple CarPlay feedback in various car forums shows plenty of frustration with it's buggy implementation, even within high-end brands like Porsche. Sadly car infotainment systems always seem to disappoint...
I'm happy with the functionality of the software in my 2015 4Runner. My Bluetooth audio reconnects consistently; screen response is fast; it displays album art, title, artist, and other info; and I have full access to playlists and controls. That's all I really care about.

I've used the GM, Ford, Chrysler, Subaru, and other systems in rentals and haven't really found one that I thought set a benchmark for all others. Cadillac's CUE in an XTS rental that I had was a mess. MyFord Touch has gotten a lot better, but the early implementations were frustrating to use due to slow response.

I don't know what I'm missing without Entune -- but it sounds like I haven't been missing much.

·
straight cash homie
18,704 Posts
Toyota is supposedly coming out with their own form of phone integration in their cars. When we see this, who knows. I do agree with you though, I believe they will lose younger drivers because of their stubbornness.
Yeah, as much as a lot of us hate "millennials", they continually will constitute the number of buyers that the Camry will have to cater to. Not having ACP/AA is like telling these new buyers that they can't drive to Coachella.

·
Registered
157 Posts
How long after the release so you guys think the prices will go down? And when will Toyota offers the 0% apr for 72 months + $1,500 cash back on the 2018 Camry that it's currently offering? Thanks

im thinking a couple months after release bcause thats what happened with the 7.5 camry

i want to also get this car with 0% apr so i hope it isnt long

·
Registered
61 Posts
im thinking a couple months after release bcause thats what happened with the 7.5 camry

i want to also get this car with 0% apr so i hope it isnt long

Unfortunately I think it will be atleast 6 months until after the release. Or when the 2019 is being introduced. The 7.5 gen was a mid cycle refresh and this is the first year of a new generation.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Entune isn't that bad and shouldn't be a car purchase show stopper. Actually I think it fixes itself over a period of time and I haven't received an update in quite a while.

Example 1:

Voice prompted BB (Bitc'n Betty) In and Out Burger and she was totally lost ... after multiple attemts I gave up and fat fingered destination into NAV. A few months later same voice promp worked and has since worked flawlessly.

Example 2:

Driving on brand new highway that bypasses old two way road and Entune Nav is totally confused... first two runs she's desperately telling you to make turns that don't exsist to merge onto old road. Now she doesn't give those commands?

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Wonder why the camera vehicle is a Porsche rather than any other vehicle...there are certainly cheaper vehicles to strap a camera to.

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
61 - 80 of 592 Posts
About this Discussion
591 Replies
83 Participants
allserene
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing