Toyota Nation Forum banner

121 - 140 of 591 Posts

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
New fob still doesn't have remote start standard??? What in the world.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Remote start will be available through the Entune phone app. Expect a yearly subscription fee. Lexus already has the capability through the Enform app. You can also check out the pricing on Lexus's website to get an idea of what it will cost (right now $249.90 per year).

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Remote start will be available through the Entune phone app. Expect a yearly subscription fee. Lexus already has the capability through the Enform app. You can also check out the pricing on Lexus's website to get an idea of what it will cost.
Interesting! You same "will be"...so I assume you 100% know that to be true?

Do all vehicles get it (I.e., smart key and conventional key), or only smart key vehicles?

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Looks like the 2018 Camry owners manuals (car/nav system/warranty) have been posted to the Toyota Owners website. They should give us a better idea of what to expect. I tried to attach them but they are too big, so I pasted the link below. Get them while you can. Enjoy!
Great find! Amazing that they posted it three months in advance of the on-sale date.

As I skimmed through:

• Two types of multi-function displays -- the typical 4.2" display and the new 7" display
  • Some trims will have a foot-operated parking brake; other (presumably higher-end) trims will have an electronic parking brake (pg 212)
  • The electronic parking brake can be set to automatically engage and disengage when the transmission is shifted out of park (pg 213)
  • Two types of DRLs (which we've seen in photos) -- "Type A" uses the headlights; "Type B" uses a brighter version of the parking lights (pg 220). I'm guessing Type B refers to what we've seen on the XSE/XLE
  • Headlights come on automatically if the windshield wipers are turned on for several seconds and the headlights are on AUTO (pg 222)
  • Pedestrian detection and warning when reversing -- doesn't seem to be tied to the parking sensors? (pg 310)
  • Intelligent Clearance Sonar and Rear Cross Traffic Braking should help to avoid or reduce low-speed collisions due to stepping on the wrong pedal, being in reverse instead of drive, or when backing out of a space and a car is approaching. Will be interesting to see how these work, or if they prove more annoying than useful (which defeats the purpose since people will turn them off). (pg 322)
  • Page 550 has the list of light bulbs, including interior lights; lights not listed are LEDs, according to the note.
  • Page 483 also has a list of areas where LEDs are used. It looks like higher-end trims will use mostly LED lights (e.g. turn signals, backup lights), while lower end trims will have regular bulbs in those areas. It is implied (since they are identified as requiring dealer assistance to replace) that all trims will use LED headlights, tail lights, stop lights, and license plate lights.
  • Page 540 mentions an "L" trim -- maybe a fleet only option or available only in certain international markets?
  • Page 540 also mentions the following tire sizes:
    • 205/65R16 tires -- probably for that "L" trim since we know the LE will come with 17" wheels
    • 215/55R17 tires
    • 235/45R18 and 235/40R19 tires
  • The whole section 8 has a bunch of specifications about the engines for those interested -- not going to copy it here.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great find! Amazing that they posted it three months in advance of the on-sale date.

As I skimmed through:

• Two types of multi-function displays -- the typical 4.2" display and the new 7" display
  • Some trims will have a foot-operated parking brake; other (presumably higher-end) trims will have an electronic parking brake (pg 212)
  • Two types of DRLs (which we've seen in photos) -- "Type A" uses the headlights; "Type B" uses a brighter version of the parking lights (pg 220). I'm guessing Type B refers to what we've seen on the XSE/XLE
  • Headlights come on automatically if the windshield wipers are turned on for several seconds and the headlights are on AUTO (pg 222)
  • Pedestrian detection and warning when reversing -- doesn't seem to be tied to the parking sensors? (pg 310)
  • Intelligent Clearance Sonar and Rear Cross Traffic Braking should help to avoid or reduce low-speed collisions due to stepping on the wrong pedal, being in reverse instead of drive, or when backing out of a space and a car is approaching. Will be interesting to see how these work, or if they prove more annoying than useful (which defeats the purpose since people will turn them off). (pg 322)
  • Page 550 has the list of light bulbs, including interior lights; lights not listed are LEDs, according to the note.
  • Page 483 also has a list of areas where LEDs are used. It looks like higher-end trims will use mostly LED lights (e.g. turn signals, backup lights), while lower end trims will have regular bulbs in those areas. It is implied (since they are identified as requiring dealer assistance to replace) that all trims will use LED headlights, tail lights, stop lights, and license plate lights.
The front of the car on page 12 looks like the hybrid with the wrap-around grill.

·
Registered
383 Posts
A good head-on view of an LE in grey:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203090896630941&set=a.2769461173328.73957.1761953378&type=3&theater

And another one of an SE in white. This one was posted by Redline Reviews, so maybe this means the first drive reviews will be popping up soon?
https://www.facebook.com/2Redline/photos/a.353967421330571.79098.349327281794585/1448212655239370/?type=3&theater

Third photo is the rear of an SE. It looks like the tail-lamp module is different from the XLE and XSE, which explains why the owner's manual refers to LED and non-LED turn signal and reverse bulbs, depending on the model.
https://www.facebook.com/DJMcBrayer/photos/a.177211442644433.1073741828.102054006826844/430321490666759/?type=3&theater

Fourth photo is of an LE (might be the same one as the first photo, just a different angle). Good look at the standard 17" aluminum wheels for the LE.
https://www.facebook.com/KeithMorrisHaleyToyota/photos/a.1318976854783314.1073741828.1215137098500624/1684643978216598/?type=3&theater

Fifth photo is of the LE interior.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213528146545918&set=pcb.1182082258586607&type=3&theater

Hit the attachment limit, but here's another one with a good photo of a white LE and SE:
https://www.facebook.com/markjacobsontoyota/photos/pcb.10154797449181225/10154797443226225/?type=3&theater

And one last one -- this one is a white LE that's equipped with a moonroof:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211942896115103&set=pcb.10211942903635291&type=3&theater

Since the vehicles are likely pre-production, it could all change later, but one of the photos shows an LE with the moonroof, dual-zone climate and the larger infotainment screen. A different photo shows what looks like an LE with single-zone climate and the smaller screen, but with Smart Key. The seats also look like they may be a combination Soft-Tex with cloth inserts.

Between the owner's manual and all these photos, we probably know more about the 2018 Camry than most Toyota salespeople at this point. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Is it just me, or do the headlights on le, and I'm assuming se, look like they're crooked? They look like they don't fit the casing properly or something. Maybe it's just me

·
Registered
89 Posts

Think the white "SE" looks great with the accessories such as the splash guards, bike roof rails, and the black cover on the lower panel beneath the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Great job with manuals and pictures ... definitely keeps you in the loop before heading out to the dealer.

One of the features I'm highly interested in is remote connect (pg 308 of navi manual)

However it refers you to the Entune site for more info and hasn't yet been updated.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have yet to see a "xle V6" trim yet.. wondering if the "XSE" will be the only one with the "V6" and if so would the XLE come with the quad exhaust or just dual.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I have yet to see a "xle V6" trim yet.. wondering if the "XSE" will be the only one with the "V6" and if so would the XLE come with the quad exhaust or just dual. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Doubtful .... Most XLE V6 drivers these days look like a cross between Uncle Albert and Curly! .... these drivers will not be scared off with quads.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have yet to see a "xle V6" trim yet.. wondering if the "XSE" will be the only one with the "V6" and if so would the XLE come with the quad exhaust or just dual.
My guess would be that there will still be an XLE V6 and that it'll have dual exhausts (left and right). The rear bumper is specific to the LE and XLE and it doesn't look like the quad would fit. But that's just me guessing from the photos.

I'll bet that's why the SE gets dual exhausts on one side (vs. one tip on each side). The SE/XSE share the same bumper, and a single exhaust tip would look awfully small in the same cutout used for the XSE.

I think Nissan got it right with the Altima -- even the low-end S model has dual exhausts that are nicely finished and give the rear a premium look. Of course, they cheaped-out in other areas (was surprised that the mirrors don't fold on the Altima S rental that I had), so win some, lose some.

On a different note, interesting how most of the vehicles we're seeing from the dealer meetings to the previews at dealerships are the high-volume, 4-cylinder LE and SE trims. Makes sense that they'd want to show the dealers what most people will be shopping for vs. just the top-end XSE and XLE models that have made the auto-show rounds.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
My guess would be that there will still be an XLE V6 and that it'll have dual exhausts (left and right). The rear bumper is specific to the LE and XLE and it doesn't look like the quad would fit. But that's just me guessing from the photos.

I'll bet that's why the SE gets dual exhausts on one side (vs. one tip on each side). The SE/XSE share the same bumper, and a single exhaust tip would look awfully small in the same cutout used for the XSE.

I think Nissan got it right with the Altima -- even the low-end S model has dual exhausts that are nicely finished and give the rear a premium look. Of course, they cheaped-out in other areas (was surprised that the mirrors don't fold on the Altima S rental that I had), so win some, lose some.

On a different note, interesting how most of the vehicles we're seeing from the dealer meetings to the previews at dealerships are the high-volume, 4-cylinder LE and SE trims. Makes sense that they'd want to show the dealers what most people will be shopping for vs. just the top-end XSE and XLE models that have made the auto-show rounds.
Toyota got it right with the sixth gen 2010-2011 SE i4 with twin exhaust ... Why they put a half assed diffusser 2 pipe cutout on the 7th gen that couldn't fill the slot is beyond me?

I'm glad Kumo Sato won the Indy 500 ... because Japanese designers are pretty stupid!

·
Registered
90 Posts

So is led headlights standard on the Camry? This 4 cylinder "SE" appears to have led headlights

I am guessing that all trims do have LED headlight that serves as both hi/low beams. On the XLE and XSE the inner lens is LED and on the LE and SE its the turn signal.

121 - 140 of 591 Posts
About this Discussion
590 Replies
82 Participants
Junok
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing