Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 180 of 592 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Below is the cached version of the previous website, where it says available late summer at the bottom. One of the articles I read about the new Entune 3.0 system stated that the press will get full access to the cars starting this month, so who knows if the release has been pushed up or not.
In addition to the attached, I saw July and August as "2018 Camry available" dates on Facebook, so who knows. They could all be right -- maybe September 1 is the national launch date, but some areas (closer to Kentucky) will get inventory earlier than others.

On a different note, the white XSE was originally labeled as "Platinum White." With the revised site, it's called Wind Chill Pearl and the blacked-out roof is Midnight Black Metallic. The red interior is "Cockpit Red leather." It also refers to an optional "Navigation Package," which is slightly different than the previous site.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
This was posted by the guy who did that really comprehensive Clean MPG walk through video of the 2018 hybrid model at the Detroit Auto Show:

http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/53918/#post-421737

A follow up on our 2018 Toyota Camry Preview detail from the Toyota space at this year's 2017 NAIAS in Detroit,

I had the opportunity to preview the entire pkg. of embargoed 2018 Toyota Camry Press materials tonight. IMHO, there will be a lot more interest in the upcoming Camry and Camry Hybrid for numerous reasons once we are allowed to release the full details and drive impressions. I cannot wait!!! :D

The embargo is currently scheduled to end on **Wednesday, June 21 @ 7:00 AM EST**. Expect a lot more from every outlet that morning.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This was posted by the guy who did that really comprehensive Clean MPG walk through video of the 2018 hybrid model at the Detroit Auto Show:

http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/53918/#post-421737

A follow up on our 2018 Toyota Camry Preview detail from the Toyota space at this year's 2017 NAIAS in Detroit,

I had the opportunity to preview the entire pkg. of embargoed 2018 Toyota Camry Press materials tonight. IMHO, there will be a lot more interest in the upcoming Camry and Camry Hybrid for numerous reasons once we are allowed to release the full details and drive impressions. I cannot wait!!! :D

The embargo is currently scheduled to end on **Wednesday, June 21 @ 7:00 AM EST**. Expect a lot more from every outlet that morning.

Setting my reminder up now lol! A friend of mines spotted the Avalon prototype rolling around Georgetown today! So that probably will be the next updated model. Hate he couldn't get pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
Setting my reminder up now lol! A friend of mines spotted the Avalon prototype rolling around Georgetown today! So that probably will be the next updated model. Hate he couldn't get pictures.
A ride-and-drive for the press is happening now in Oregon, based on a Facebook post that I saw. That's probably where the Clean MPG guy is (with the embargoed press materials).

It's interesting how Internet journalism has impacted these press events. I'm sure a big part of their budget is spent flying the multitude of smaller Internet-only journalists (e.g. Alex on Autos, Auto Network, etc. from YouTube, just to name a few) to these events. I find their videos to be way more informative than traditional magazines.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I seem to be one of the few who see that Toyota has failed to make an affordable AWD midsized sedan. Most of the competitors have already met this growing demand for this AWD market. Toyota has such a capable active torque AWD system which could propel the Camry to its fullest potential. If you're not familiar with this, Toyota boasts improved cornering with its AWD system, in addition to other weather related advantages. Toyota claims it's AWD "makes you a better driver", which I believe is true.
I can only hope that a later refreshed version of the 8th generation will have this tech, which could really dominate the competition.
Don't even get me started on how the front suspension still has Macphersons (Stone Age tech). A good after market strut bar will still be needed, as a result.
Toyota should just go all out, for once with the Camry. I'm still waiting for something better.

·
Top TN contributor
3,480 Posts
I believe that some models/colors have a black painted roof withOUT a panoramic roof opening...blue, white, and silver body colors according to Motor Trend.....Just like my Kitacam!

Toyo must have spies in West Palm or spied my paint job here on TN!
Though I humbly submit that the black roof looks better on my 05 than on the '18

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
New one in above pics looks almost Avalon-esque

·
Registered
383 Posts
The rear trunk treatment is MUCH nicer in monochrome (vs previous MY's chrome bar) and the lights almost Lexus-like!
Even the wheels could pass for those on the ES350. Off the top of my head, the only things missing will be ventilated seats, seat memory settings, a power sunshade, power steering wheel adjustment, and real wood trim.

·
Registered
339 Posts
According to this source, the I4 and V6 XSE models will both get the quad exhaust tip treatment.

There goes Toyota again not differentiating between the I4 and V6 models again in terms of looks. At least you had single vs. dual exhaust differences for the 6th and 7th generations. They're pretty much pulling a "Nissan Altima" and giving every XSE car the dual exhaust regardless of engine, except it's worse since at least Nissan puts "3.5" on the trunk before the model badge. At least give us a "V6" badge. They can afford to when we're paying $35K for the V6 car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
There goes Toyota again not differentiating between the I4 and V6 models again in terms of looks. At least you had single vs. dual exhaust differences for the 6th and 7th generations. They're pretty much pulling a "Nissan Altima" and giving every XSE car the dual exhaust regardless of engine. At least give us a "V6" badge. They can afford to when we're paying $35K for the V6 car.

You're exactly right. What perks will the V6 owners get over the I4 instead of the power? This decision will affect the v6 sales somehow. Nothing is exclusive to the XSE V6 other than the engine.

·
Registered
339 Posts
You're exactly right. What perks will the V6 owners get over the I4 instead of the power? This decision will affect the v6 sales somehow. Nothing is exclusive to the XSE V6 other than the engine.

I'm still getting the V6, it's hard to pass up the power and smoothness, and 80% of my driving is highway. Like I've said before, Toyota cheapens the experience of owning a V6 car by doing this.

161 - 180 of 592 Posts
About this Discussion
591 Replies
83 Participants
allserene
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing