Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
is anything goin to take their place? that would leave a pretty big hold if there was nothin to replace them

·
n3rd
92 Posts
put to rest means died.. most of the rumors were that the celica would be discontinued.. besides those outragious rumors about the celica 8th gen being all super and everything

*sigh*

Oh well, last celica convertible style made ever = even MORE resale value for me:)

but still :(

:(

Xev, the Celica was in direct market competition to Scion's Tc, and word has it they're retooling the lexus convertible to be more like the MR2... (although why I have no idea, it doesn't make that much sense to me)

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
No replacement for the MR2!?!?!?!

Ya right.... you guys are forgetting.....

**WW** (you may wet yourself :D)

..... it will never die...... MRS wasn't that great anyways.

Looks will never replace the MR2..... it's gotta be mid engine rwd.... or it's worthless.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Wish I could say otherwise but I won't miss either of them. Maybe Toyota will beirng us a real sports car that actually has some balls.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Umm..... see my previous post......

Car & Driver Issue (dont remember which one):

Elise spanks a SVT Cobra all around the track and in a strait line. It's sportin' the 2zzge.... and kicks all kinda of ass.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
You've aged well, Celica.

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Good bye Toyota, hello Honda?

Honestly, Toyota has lost my business. As a die hard Celica owner and lover it makes me deeply sad that they have taken this decision.

If Toyota would just care to take their head out of their rear end they would see that young people (yeah, those same ones that would have bought a Camry in the future) want to drive powerfull cars, not fast looking-slow moving cars.
If Toyota had put the 3S-GE Beams engine in the Celica and the 2ZZ-GE on the MR-S then I would bet both my nuts that it would be Honda pulling the plug on the RSX or Subaru on the WRX :eek:: :disappoin
I guess what's left is to preserve my current Celica for the next 8 years and hope it becomes a classic. :(

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
^ mr2 spyder cant even compete with s2k... dam
toyota lacks rwd cars/mid engines [mr], and plus i really miss the celica all trac's :(

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
Let's have a moment of silence for the Toyota models that have passed away. :sosad:

AE92
0 Posts
This is a sad day :(

Rip AE86

Rip AE92

Rip Supra

Rip MR2

Rip Celica

I have been a loyal Toyota Suporter since i was 5 years old. I'm now 24 yrs. old. All the cars that i liked growing up are now all dead. Damn you Toyota.

I also don't like Honda that much, but the way Toyota is killing all their fun cars, Honda will be my new fave car company if Toyota doesn't get their act together in the next few years.

If i had the money for one right now, i would get an 04 S2K. It has the new hid lights, bigger rims, spoiler and updated rear lights.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Guys, Toyota is out to make money, it's a business and that is what they do. Most young people can't afford to keep a brand new sports car.

You can't have cheap and fast, and reliable doesn't work.

As for fast cars the Corolla is one of the fastest in it's class, and with the XRS it should be at the top of the "performance compacts"

Market trends have resulted in these changes. It's sad know, but we won't get sports cars back until people stop buying SUVs and actually demand a real sports car.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
honestly i didn't like the celica when they made it fwd i lost my love for them completely cause those were fun to drive and lose control with...i was able to drift in a 80 celica st (stock)cause of all it's tourqe but all these new ones were castrated

i owned a first gen mr2 once and it was sweet i loved that car and it made an impression on me but recently i drove the mrs and it also was castrated so i say go bye to my dream cars

but the supra did not deserve what they did to it and as for the corolla hopefully the make a "special edition" that is rwd and fun to be in...

but that's all a dream:( unless some of you artist start sending them ideas;)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hm... So what does that leave us then?

A: Camry/Solara
B: Mythical A9 Supra

Fuck. If I wanted a Camry coupe, I'd just get a SW20.

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
so now other than the tc, toyota has nothing that evens resembles a "sports" car... i hope they don't turn into buick

·
Formula One Fanatic
299 Posts
wtf. unfortunately that sick ass car in the pic is a lotus. uh, is toyota blind. BUILD A REPLICA OF THE LOTUS ELISE GOD DAMN IT!!!. you make the f***ing 2zz engines. all you need is a small aluminum chassis and BAM sell them babies for 35-40k. i know i'd rather buy a toyota than a lotus, even if they're the same car. mabye i'm hoping for a little too much.

a moment of silence for two great cars, bastardized in their final years. :disappoin :(

1 - 20 of 125 Posts