Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Always a Yota Driver
151 Posts

Only problem is with decals I can only do one color. And since we dont do usually make and sell them. The only vinyl we have right now is white and red. :)

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
thats cool and that it was your design on top of everything... and that tailgate piece means that you either A. have lots of time or B. are really creative. i think its B good job gettin rid of the chrome too btw the guy Tundrayamaha something on TS is against the black like on mine he says it looks base so ignore him if he says anything :p

·
Always a Yota Driver
151 Posts
Thanks, I like what you've done with the black. Ive done a fair bit of striping. A lot on motorcycles. Im just trying to learn now how to transfer designs onto the computer to be able to cut them in vinyl. Hopefully I'll be able to get it better down the road. That one is still a little rough on the cut out.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Here's my new baby! A beautiful 2001 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD:clap::clap:

Just spent about 15 hours combined over the course of a few evenings giving it the Mothers Gold treatment... clay bar, pre-wax cleaner, sealer & glaze, and then a top coat of stage 3 wax

I always buy white trucks, imo nothing stands out more than a bright white toyota pick up

·
Trd racer
996 Posts
thats cool and that it was your design on top of everything... and that tailgate piece means that you either A. have lots of time or B. are really creative. i think its B good job gettin rid of the chrome too btw the guy Tundrayamaha something on TS is against the black like on mine he says it looks base so ignore him if he says anything :p

Nick,

Took a year to reply to this (LOL) but with all due respect I'll expand on what i stated before.Blacking out certain trim part's with a rattle can and calling it a special edition might work for you and it looks good on paper but not the professional way of doing thing's.
I too used to work Paint and body like Erik has and believe me it does require a lot of skill and prep work but the result's are priceless. The prep involved on painting over chrome is a pain in the ass to be very honest sometimes it doesn't stick. I ditched mine and filled those holes because I dislike Chrome to the tee.I like what Erik has done by tastefully color keying his bumper hoop d as I call it. To each there own on how they mod there trucks but I value the opinions of other so wasn't meant to disrespect your truck just give constructive feedback.
Oh yea i repainted my rear bumper plastic yesterday but the plastic paint I used didn't seem to stick very well what did you use on your's and how many coat's did it take (on my first)? I might have to buy a plastic promoter on the rear bumper or hell I might just Linex it (grin)

·
Always a Yota Driver
151 Posts
Ok Its been a long time but happened to be back in the neighborhood and I see I need to put an updated picture up.

·
Always a Yota Driver
151 Posts
well thank you. yours as well. Since you leveled out the front, almost need a touch larger all terrain in there. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Detailed my truck!

13 hours of hard labor (washing, clay baring, sealant, wax) + 12 waiting for sealant to cure!

What to look at? hood? traffic in front of me??!!!

like a mirror!

Now I need new tires!

Almost ready for the Lexus Pursuit!!!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
23 Participants
wonger
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing