Toyota Nation Forum banner

101 - 120 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
lol, I just keep the rpm under 2k(basically I drive like a grandma).I know it's hard to do sometimes, but it is worth the MPG. This is with original timing belt/water pump, spark plugs and fuel filter.:D

·
Avarollin?
1996 Avalon XLS
923 Posts
I'm getting about 22 city/26 hwy. If you don't mind me asking, how did yours "die?"
Is that with or without the kayak? :D

Also, that two tone paint with the chrome in between is pretty sweet!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just joined a while ago thought I'd post some pics
My wrecked 95

Pilot muffler 3 inch to cat, k&n drop in, 2 15" Rockford p2s, pioneer amp, sportmaxx 002 wheels please excuse the white walls lol, mirror tint and a bit more of the blah blal

The new 98

Currently the only pic but has 20 percent tint the sportmaxxs and hids are coming this week

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Tundra
303 Posts
I'm getting about 22 city/26 hwy. If you don't mind me asking, how did yours "die?"
someone didnt like it and backed into it on on the road :facepalm:

killed the radiator, messed the grill, etc. Insurance called it a scrap. Me so sad :(

I could have fixed it too, but rents didnt think it was worth the time

P.S. It was truck with a hitch

·
Registered
8 Posts

killed the radiator, messed the grill, etc. Insurance called it a scrap. Me so sad :(

OUCH! The insurance wanted to call mine totaled after my last accident on the hwy because damage was $4500 +. With the book value of my car going down, they didn't wanna pay to get it repaired. Somehow we talked the toyota body shop into writing the estimate low, then they requested more funding after the repair started and it worked :) I'm happy because you can't get a comparable car with the settlement money I would have got.

·
Avarollin?
1996 Avalon XLS
923 Posts

Someone did the same to mine, missed the radiator, just some nice FENDER ACTION. The car was so close to being written off it wasnt even funny! (well, maybe a little bit!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Jigg007/PC250260.jpg?t=1282249400

*cringe*

·
Registered
8 Posts
Someone did the same to mine, missed the radiator, just some nice FENDER ACTION. The car was so close to being written off it wasnt even funny! (well, maybe a little bit!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Jigg007/PC250260.jpg?t=1282249400

*cringe*
that pic makes me cringe, while we're on the subject of accidents I might as well put a few of mine up. This is from one of the interstate accidents I was involved in, someone was merging into the right lane and lost control. I was in the left lane and happened to be the recipient.

·
Posting via iPhone/iPad
92 miata
1,117 Posts
I typically got in the lower to mid 20's on mine. On a trip, I did manage to break 30 mpg (30.02 :lol:!!!) Mine died from oil issues, and the rear-main seal giving out on me.

·
Avarollin?
1996 Avalon XLS
923 Posts
Chubbi, I like how you cut into your bumper for those fog lights, I had similar ideas, but I was afraid of the little fins breaking off without reinforcement. Also regarding your last picture, how does she like bumps? (haha) Forgive me, but your car is gloss black, while your bumper is semi-gloss black! That just really crrazy

This post is well overdue for pictures of my 1996!

But there are none.

I haven't washed my car in nearly 3 months.

It is, quite filthy! (constantly detailing the inside though!:thumbsup:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally got it to work..

I just have a few cosmetic mods for now, hopefully going to do something more serious when I have time and money.
Theres someone in your car looking at me!
Should I post pictures as of now or 4months ago? :p

That was back when all I had was a radio.

But now everything is covered and snow and when I clean it, it snows or rains 24 hours later.. |:

101 - 120 of 333 Posts