Toyota Nation Forum banner

661 - 680 of 700 Posts

·
Registered
8,642 Posts
Photobucket is weird. I lost/can't find some 2-3 months of pictures I've uploaded. but it still does appear on the forum in my old post...and cleared cache and tried on a brand new computer as well...wtf?? Can't access

Anyhow some pictures within the last year or so of my 1998.

Nah, it's my totaled '95 from my first "Barn Find" thread.
Ah okay thats right

·
Registered
8,642 Posts
^^ Thankfully photobucket fixed most of the issues. I gotta really look thru my photobucket, I got 13 years of pictures on there...

Figure I should post this up. I'll make the same post in my other thread as well for those who don't see it.

Pictures are within the last 2 months or so. Cleaned and vacuum. Interior really needs a shampoo, stains are bothering me.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I have meant to post a picture of my long beloved, but neglected, 2001 Camry LE 4 cyl. But my car had a lot of issues need to be attended to. So since I joined TN Feb of 2016, I devoted a lot of my spare time to fix it up. These are the items that I have completed so far

Items I repaired recently

1. Broken shifter cover
2. Broken sun visor
3. Broken rear cup holder
4. Broken trunk weatherstrip
5. Broken front grille
6. Glove box light always on
7. Broken door tweeter cover
8. Damaged battery terminals
9. Broken fuel vapor hose
10. Rear trunk lid replacement
11. Replaced the radiator, thermostat, upper and lower coolant hoses
12. Replaced spark plugs
13. Replaced front rotors and brake pads
14. Replaced rear driver side windows regulator w/ motor.
15. Replaced dilapidated windows weather strip on the rear driver side.
16. Replaced windshield (a mobile mechanic did this one.)
17. Valve cover gasket replacement

I also made a few upgrades
1. Add 4 mud guards
2. Changed thermostat housing to aluminum
3. Add a Solara strut brace
4. Got a set of 2004 Avalon wheels with almost new Yokohama 205 60 R16 tires, and OEM wheel lock
5. Installed the correct, large battery

And some services
1. Cleaned IACV and TB
2. Repaired broken/flaky alternator wire covers

Next step:
1. I shall try to do some PDR and basic body work.
2. I shall replace the front bumper

Repaint the car and having its body professionally repaired would be too expensive. I have to kiss-bye that idea.

Anyway, here is my car finally ready to make its debut on TN, after a quick wash and vacuum early in the morning.

And my super performance-oriented trunk cover

In case it is hard to see, you are looking at 'Toyota, Camry XLE, S-AWD, V6' copy. The very best that Camry has to offer :lol::rofl::rofl2::chug:

Saturday morning in a Belmont park. Love to see the car from a distance because it will look perfect.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Here is my 94 xle. 188,900 miles. Its a spare vehicle we bought in February. I daily drive a 07 corolla s 5speed and my wife drives a 05 sienna. Heres the camry. Has some issues but fixing them slowly hopefully for many years of service.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Why my photobucket pictures are all gone and most of others' pictures are still available? Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

·
asyriuscamry
50 Posts
Wow, beautiful car man! So I got a question, is there something different about your gauge face or the lights behind it? It looks so much crisper and brighter than mine (2000 CE)

·
Needs more TRD...
197 Posts
Took a road trip with the old girl 2 weeks ago. Drove from Fresno, CA to Denver, CO and spent a week there.
She made the trip up until re-entering California. The torque converter finally shuddered at 328,XXX miles.
Haha pretty sure the drive to the top of Pikes Peak was the killer, but it was always a dream of mines to drive this car to the top.
She made it and here are the photos from that drive.
The replacement tranny is on the way, so she'll be road worthy again soon. :)

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Nice pictures and nice wheels! What is the spec for the wheels? Love them. Also after finishing the transmission work, don't forget to write a detailed writeup. I figure a lot of us need it in the future. Thanks.

Took a road trip with the old girl 2 weeks ago. Drove from Fresno, CA to Denver, CO and spent a week there.
She made the trip up until re-entering California. The torque converter finally shuddered at 328,XXX miles.
Haha pretty sure the drive to the top of Pikes Peak was the killer, but it was always a dream of mines to drive this car to the top.
She made it and here are the photos from that drive.
The replacement tranny is on the way, so she'll be road worthy again soon. :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Here is my beater 94 xle. Full leather interior and decent shape. Pulled whole interior and cleaned carpet really good. It mostly came clean. 190,500 miles. Wrapped trunk in carbon fiber and painted hood. Also wrapped center caps in carbon fiber and the grill.

·
Registered
8,642 Posts

Weekend shot.

Here is my beater 94 xle. Full leather interior and decent shape. Pulled whole interior and cleaned carpet really good. It mostly came clean. 190,500 miles. Wrapped trunk in carbon fiber and painted hood. Also wrapped center caps in carbon fiber and the grill.
Did you ever fix the rattling noise from the timing belt cover?

661 - 680 of 700 Posts
About this Discussion
699 Replies
511 Participants
mario4346
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing