Toyota Nation Forum banner

4201 - 4220 of 4258 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,602 Posts
I'm learning that.. need to be a contractor. Why does it matter contractor or not. Weird. Why limit your customer to only contractor? Contractor buy more but why boycott everyday handyman?
I dunno, but my guess is they don’t want to tick off their contractor customers by selling to the general public. I recently needed to replace the blower motor on my furnace. I found a place online that could get it to me in a couple days. I went to a couple of HVAC distributors, hoping to find one in stock. Neither of them did, and both of them asked me if I was a contractor, and told me no. The second one, I told him “Fine, I’ll buy it online then.” He replied “That’s great!”, like he didn’t care. I realize I’m probably a one-time sale. But why turn away a $200 sale? Especially nowadays where the internet will sell anything to anybody, as long as its legal.

·
Super Moderator
12,602 Posts
I’m still not seeing the pic, just the “waiting for approval”. How did you?

·
Joined the dark side. :D
5,762 Posts
I dunno, but my guess is they don’t want to tick off their contractor customers by selling to the general public. I recently needed to replace the blower motor on my furnace. I found a place online that could get it to me in a couple days. I went to a couple of HVAC distributors, hoping to find one in stock. Neither of them did, and both of them asked me if I was a contractor, and told me no. The second one, I told him “Fine, I’ll buy it online then.” He replied “That’s great!”, like he didn’t care. I realize I’m probably a one-time sale. But why turn away a $200 sale? Especially nowadays where the internet will sell anything to anybody, as long as its legal.
I think "contractor" are GOV approved and they pay the overlord gov, while we handyman fixing our own stuff isn't licensed by nor GOV approved. Feels like slowly it's illegal for us to do any repair in our own house.

The internet is the last free place where we can talk and buy stuff. And that pissed the overlord too and they are trying to regulate it, already start regulating it. Internet purchases used to be Tax free, I missed those days.

·
Token Aussie
1,722 Posts
I dunno, but my guess is they don’t want to tick off their contractor customers by selling to the general public
Another possibility is that their business model is set up around corporate accounts (which a wholesale supplier probably would be), then it is much easier to order something in if it's charged back to an account rather than rung up as a one-off cash sale.

·
5,762 Posts
Go to another page a
Another possibility is that their business model is set up around corporate accounts (which a wholesale supplier probably would be), then it is much easier to order something in if it's charged back to an account rather than rung up as a one-off cash sale.
Isn't that also how credit card works? You are charging to an account, it link to an account and that account link to an actual person.

Yes it's a one-off sell, I buy many things at Lowes and Homedepot as a "one-off sell" and you know how many times I go back to Lowes and Homedepot? It's never a "one-off", there always something to fix. Handyman doesn't buy as much as a corporate account, but handyman make it up in numbers. There are more handyman than corporate. Sadly handyman is being banish/unwanted/boycott.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Go to another page a

Isn't that also how credit card works? You are charging to an account, it link to an account and that account link to an actual person.

Yes it's a one-off sell, I buy many things at Lowes and Homedepot as a "one-off sell" and you know how many times I go back to Lowes and Homedepot? It's never a "one-off", there always something to fix. Handyman doesn't buy as much as a corporate account, but handyman make it up in numbers. There are more handyman than corporate. Sadly handyman is being banish/unwanted/boycott.
It's not the same thing. For the corporate account, it'll be tax free at the time of sale. Credit card pays the tax AT the sale. I have an accout set up with my local O'Reilly's that knocks off 10% of most anything I buy. And yes, I pay the tax at the time of sale, because we (the manager of the store) set it up that way.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Upgrade! New Vizio M-Series 50" 4K HDR 120Hz (not MR120)... only $399 on sale

Sweet deal! How do you like the brightness, sharpness, color ect?

·
2,629 Posts
Sweet deal! How do you like the brightness, sharpness, color ect?
Bought it unseen (in box, no demo), set it up, HATED the color. Turned off all the BS color processing, dynamic backlighting, and zone dimming junk they packed in it and adjusted the colors properly... beautiful. HDR is not as good as higher end sets but you can clearly see the difference. It is bright!... almost need sunglasses and it's only "400 nits" out of the current standard of 1000 nits for true HDR10. 1000 would be insanely bright. I found out it is only a 60hz afterall... the marketing BS is thick with new TVs and I got duped by "effective 120hz" in the spot where other brands had their true 60hz rating. Cheapest new TV with an actual 120hz locally is $750... no thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Bright tv is great during the day but I like it around medium brightness so is good during day and not blinding at night. I'd like to have one your size because sometimes it's hard for me to read text on the screen in the channel menus, show descriptions ect with my 46" that was over $600 years ago so you got a really good deal regardless. I think a 50" would be perfect. Anything bigger would look too large where it sits in my place.

·
2,629 Posts
Bright tv is great during the day but I like it around medium brightness so is good during day and not blinding at night. I'd like to have one your size because sometimes it's hard for me to read text on the screen in the channel menus, show descriptions ect with my 46" that was over $600 years ago so you got a really good deal regardless. I think a 50" would be perfect. Anything bigger would look too large where it sits in my place.
I have decent curtains so I have it at 80% backlight.

50 is 45 x 28 and a 46 is 41x 24... not worth the upgrade IMHO go with 55 or rearrange the room.

Also some cable boxes allow you to change the text size in the guides and menus.

·
5,762 Posts
I have decent curtains so I have it at 80% backlight.

50 is 45 x 28 and a 46 is 41x 24... not worth the upgrade IMHO go with 55 or rearrange the room.

Also some cable boxes allow you to change the text size in the guides and menus.
To change the txt size you need to go into the menu. It's a catch 22. LOL

·
3,408 Posts
I needed a good pair of side cutters. Researched on Amazon and this one had a gagillion reviews, mostly all positive. Apparently direct from China:

Wonder if this was the old bait and switch? Didn't pay much so we will see if it falls apart fist use.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
I've tried the menus of both years ago but no joy.

I have a crape myrtle that just started getting diseased via insects so I put poison around the roots to soak into the tree that kills the bugs. Hoping it kills the bugs before they spread to the other trees. Time will tell.

·
Mr. Roo
10,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,219
I've tried the menus of both years ago but no joy.

I have a crape myrtle that just started getting diseased via insects so I put poison around the roots to soak into the tree that kills the bugs. Hoping it kills the bugs before they spread to the other trees. Time will tell.
What kinds of bugs? Mine get aphids and they produce black sooty mold, but I don't really know what to do about them.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
What kinds of bugs? Mine get aphids and they produce black sooty mold, but I don't really know what to do about them.
You want to know what I've found to be the cheapest, most effective, yet ecologically sound bug spray?: Mineral oil. No bullshit, follow....

Years ago I bought a bug spray--the kind you attach a spray bottle with the bug liquid to your hose--at Armstrong Garden shop called Safer Insecticidal Soap. Shit was the bomb. Downside was it was expensive. Me being me, I thought I'd look into the product and see if I could find it cheaper or else produce something similar myself. I took a look at the ingredients right off and found it was like 90% "vegetable oil" and the remainder water. Digging deeper it turned out the oil was actually mineral oil. Well, after that, I started buying mineral oil bottles at Walmart for $1 per 16 oz., used that to refill my Safer bottle, and it was certainly the same damn thing only ten times cheaper. I've never looked back.

I use mineral oil from the sprayer on everything from tomato hornworms to rose aphids, and everything in between. Clean, effective, cheap, and safe around kids and animals. How can you go wrong?

4201 - 4220 of 4258 Posts
About this Discussion
4.3K Replies
48 Participants
stvotw
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing