Toyota Nation Forum banner

4341 - 4356 of 4356 Posts

·
3,506 Posts
Is that the technical term?

LOL

I'd be afraid to show you my garage. Although it's all organized, it's a hodgepodge of mostly cigar boxes but also most any kind of container I can get my hands on and label. It ain't pretty, but it's organized and even a rhesus monkey can read the labels and follow the organizational pattern. With paper documents I'm extremely organized, almost to a fault.
If I took a pic of mine you'd cringe. No where to put all the stuff. We have a massive pile of Christmas decorations - takes up and entire corner, maybe 30 sq ft of floor space. The shelving hanging from the ceiling is filled with Halloween deco and camp stuff, plus a few odds and ends. One large shelving unit is car crap (every kind of cleaner, polisher, fluid, solvent known to Man) plus car odds and ends. Another wall shelf is filled with tools, spray paint cans, stains, that kind of crap. A few tables with tools loaded on them. Just no room for nothin'. And all this coming in this week:

Glass polish and rayon pads so I can polish out the fine swirl marks in my door glass (damn green pad left marks!). Doing this then I will tint the windows myself, save a pile of $$.

All my safety glasses are scratched up pretty bad so I bought one pair. Then figured I could use a diopter pair for some jobs (1.5x). And when doing dusty shit full on safety goggles. Which made me recall I really want safety goggles tinted for when I am weed whacking in the bright sun.

The passenger headlight assembly on the Camry is leaking and making me nuts so I will bake it open to clean it and put down new butyl. So I needed the butyl and the small clamps to hold it together as it cools.

Why not get some OEM oil filters since I change the damn oil every 7 weeks or so due to the mileage. Got 6 of them coming in.

And finally a true impulse buy: tape measure with 1/8's right on it. Going to come in handy when I start all my framing for the remodel in the Spring.

Amazon is my friend.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
SF I got goggles years ago similar to those dewalts you posted but they fogged up on me and still let dust into my eyes when mowing so I stopped wearing them. You have the same experience or better luck?

Haven't had time to make much progress on the mower deck so finally got the rest of the paint off yesterday with stripper and drill's wire brush. Should have used face shield instead of safety glasses because the stripper knob malfunctioned on the can and sprayed my face and neck which burned bad until I washed with water. Replaced knob and used face shield without further issue. Only have to scrape off old paint from corners then will be ready to primer and repaint once rust is brushed off.

·
3,506 Posts
SF I got goggles years ago similar to those dewalts you posted but they fogged up on me and still let dust into my eyes when mowing so I stopped wearing them. You have the same experience or better luck?
It;'s been years since I used goggles like that, these have not come in yet. So much of what I do flings dust (wood especially) around and always gets into my eyes with just safety glasses on. I am hoping these goggles do the trick.

·
Joined the dark side. :D
5,916 Posts
It;'s been years since I used goggles like that, these have not come in yet. So much of what I do flings dust (wood especially) around and always gets into my eyes with just safety glasses on. I am hoping these goggles do the trick.
How the hell do you keep the goggle from fogging up? I tried it a few times and it become super dangerous cause I couldn't see a damn thing with goggle keep fogging up.

·
3,506 Posts
How the hell do you keep the goggle from fogging up? I tried it a few times and it become super dangerous cause I couldn't see a damn thing with goggle keep fogging up.
Hope you are not getting them from the dealer.
The design of a good goggle will keep it from fogging up, as well as coating on the lens. The OEM filters are from Amazon (from a dealer on-line store). Less than $4 a filter.

·
5,916 Posts
The design of a good goggle will keep it from fogging up, as well as coating on the lens. The OEM filters are from Amazon (from a dealer on-line store). Less than $4 a filter.
I try to get the one with the lens in front only to let the air pass, it still get fog up. I kinda wonder why they don't install a fan instead of air circulation. lol

·
5,916 Posts
Finally replaced my water heater. Found out why the old tank was having electrical problem... bad install from the previous installer. The ground wire was "floating". He either didn't screw it down or didn't screw it down tightly and it come lose. Anyway, the tank was rusted through too.

Good to know the installer personally so his work is guarantee or else.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Went to the city about the driveway extension around the drain gutter. I just need to get a drawing of what I want to do and the engineer said it most likely will be permitted.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
34,660 Posts
I try to get the one with the lens in front only to let the air pass, it still get fog up. I kinda wonder why they don't install a fan instead of air circulation. lol
I create new holes or expand existing ones until I get enough ventilation to prevent most fogging. Of course, if you're in a very humid environment you're just screwed.

·
3,506 Posts
Last of the goggles came in today, so all the recent Amazon toys:

Sunglass goggles for weed whacking, regular goggles, 1.5 diopter safety glasses, regular safety glasses, tape measure with the 1/8ths markings, clamps for the headlight bake, butyl for the headlight bake, pads for polishing my rear windows.

And, uh...I ordered more goodies today. Junkie.

4341 - 4356 of 4356 Posts