Toyota Nation Forum banner

341 - 360 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bought our first Toyota!

Greetings all! Yesterday my wife and I just purchased our first Toyota! A 2019 Highlander XLE. Came from a long line of Hyundai/ Kias from a 2006 sportage that we sold with 241,000 miles, my current 2017 Elantra to my wife’s just sold 2014 Kia Sorento. What sold me was the brand loyalty on how reliable these things should be and retail value. Never had any issues with the korean cars up until our 2014 Sorento with an A/c system that intermittently stops working properly, electronics stopping to work and major carbon build up with the DI engine.

So far we absolutely love the Highlander and look forward to being part of the community!

Attachments

·
7,783 Posts
Congratulations!
Welcome to the forum!
There is a Intro thread you can visit.
Be sure to check out the STICKY threads, and be sure to test out the parameters on the ADVANCED Search tool found on the 3rd Gen landing page's top right maroon bar dropdown headers.

Also, the Forum Rules is a good idea to read over, specially if new to current forums.

Have fun, and the Golden Rule applies, to treat others as you would want to be treated.

·
Sigwar
2 Posts
Hi Y'all from the Volunteer state! Well, actually I'm a transplanted Floridian, loving the home of "real Country" music. I traded my beloved 2016 BBP TRD Sport (4X2) Access Cab for a 2019 Shoreline Blue Highlander XLE on the 8th of this month. I'm not getting any younger and decided it is time for a little comfort! Don't get me wrong, I loved both the TRD Sport and the 2016 SR5 PreRunner that preceded it. I just got smitten by the HL bug, which I successfully evaded for several months. Oh, we are a Toyota family for sure, having had an '06 Prius Hybrid that we literally loved and ran the wheels off of. It passed the torch to a 2013 Avalon Hybrid XLE that has been faithfully reliable. The Highlander's front end has been wrapped in PPF (well worth the investment), the interior lights have been replaced with LEDs. the driver and passenger windows have been tinted, a cargo net graces the back - where Bella, your Min-Pin resides and color matching body side moldings arrive Monday. I am looking forward to learning a lot from all you Highlanders in the coming days, weeks and months. See Ya 'round campus!

·
7,783 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy the Sticky threads, there are pages of important content that would address about 90% of a new HL owners concerns and questions.

Feel free to post any and all HL related Q in the general 3rd Gen thread. Update the signature with model year and even maybe a general location...helps answer questions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Long time Toyota user here from Canada. Just traded my 17 Tacoma Quicksand TRD Off-Road for a mint 17 Highlander XLE. I realized the Tacoma, while a great small truck, is not the best travel vehicle. 6 speed transmission tends to hunt when travelling through the hills in Tennessee, and the back seat is not that great for people.

The Highlander will fit my needs better, and compared to the Tacoma, the Highlander comes with sunroof, Toyota Safety Sense P Package, 8 speed auto, power leather seats, giant console, etc.

Just ordered the Maxpider 1st and 2nd row floor mats, although I almost ordered Huskys, after having them in the Tacoma.

Looks like the Toyota OEM mat is the best choice for the cargo area, as it covers the back of the 2nd row bench seats. Have not pulled the trigger yet however.

Only thing I am not looking forward to is keeping a black Highlander clean, although it does look great when it is clean. Being retired, I guess I will have a lot of time to keep it clean.

·
7,783 Posts
Congrats, I think you will enjoy it...

If the 8speed or 6 in the HL starts hunting on such trips, very easy to throw it into Sport shift mode and have it your way.

Yes, black is the last color I would pick, but in Canada, at least it wont be a major issue with heat, and they do look nice when clean.

Enjoy!!! If you are not familiar with the Sticky section, please do go through it a bit as it covers so many common questions....I would dare to say all :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi All, First time Toyota owner. Very happy with my 2019 Highlander LE. last 2 rigs were 2011 Traverse and 2015 Pathfinder...two terrible, Consumer Reports "Do Not Buy" cars. I finally saw the light and cannot believe the difference between the Highlander and these other two vehicles. I suspect we will have this car for many, many years. The new tow hitch (ETrailer) arrived today, along with the Siriusxm car kit. Can't wait to get them installed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I just got a 2016 Higlander LE plus in blizzard white home this evening. We traded in a 2012 Rav4 V6 so my wife could drive in a safer vehicle. AWD V6 and one smooth shifting 6 speed automatic. It has a much better ride than the Rav4 and so far the stock audio system has been compliant.

I have been a Toyota fan for some years. I owned a 2004 Corolla LE, 2002 4Runner, 2006 4Runner V8, 2006 Tundra, and a 1993 MR2 over the years. The Rav4 and now the Highlander were for my wife. I currently drive an 09 F150 because I needed a tow truck for my 24 foot travel trailer but couldn't find an affordable 2nd gen Tundra. I got a great deal and the F150 with all the packages it came with still has more payload left over than a Tundra so I have no regrets at this point. One day I would like to get another SW20 though. That car was just fun to drive and autoX. No, I don't want an 86 because "Subaru". The reason I keep sticking with Toyota is because they last. I haven't owned a bad one yet and I know from experience the same can't be said about Subarus.

And back to the Highlander. It's a great vehicle. We purchased a one owner lease, got it for less than the dealer paid for it (I know they got Toyota rebates so they still made money off the deal). Clean carfax, Toyota service history, and it was certified. Much roomier than the Rav4, better ride, up graded audio features, power lift gate, and it's so clean inside and out. I personally like the pearl white over the blue the Rav4 had. I know the wife already loves it because she wants to wash off all the bugs we killed on the hour drive home. The Rav4 was a base model so it had steel rims versus the much nicer looking stock rims the Highlander comes with. I have already observed that upgrading the HU could be very straight forward if need be but for her needs the stock unit should be fine (though I did offer to throw a sub in the back if she needed more base).

I am looking forward to getting up to speed on the Highlander and will try to get some pics up soon.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

·
7,783 Posts
Congrats Shawn! Great year! Take a look through the sticky threads as they will answer lots of questions off the bat. Dont hesitate to drop a post in the general thread if you like...And enjoy your Highlander!

·
Toyota FanBoy...Tacoma, Highlander, Camry
3 Posts
I signed up a few months ago, but just started to dive into the forum. I have had many Toyotas and now have a 16 Highlander, 16 Tacoma, 15 Camry and 10 Camry. Shopping for a Toyota for my third kid who just turned 16. He likes the Corolla, so that's what I'll likely get. My favorite Toyota that I've owned was a 2002 Sequoia. We had it for 15 years and loved it. We've also owned our share of Siennas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

Well I have been reviewing this site for sometime and I finally decided to register. First off I want to say thank you to all of the members that post info on the Highlanders. It has been extremely helpful in making my decision in my 1st new purchase of a 2019 HL. I must have beat my keyboard into submission in trying to locate answers to questions and concerns prior to my purchase. So with that I look forward to being part of this forum.

·
Registered
39 Posts
First Post

Just subscribed and saying “hello”. Bought a new 2019 Highlander Limited in April and so far so good. Looking forward to sharing info on this forum. Ciao

·
Registered
14 Posts
Joined today because we just put in a purchase on a 2018 HL Hybrid XLE with 21,000 miles. We had been looking at getting a new RAV4 Hybrid, but the limited supply and high sales prices had us looking at lots of other vehicles. We had been looking at compact SUV/Crossovers due to gas mileage, but once we checked out the Highlander Hybrid, we were hooked.

We won't have our HL for a week or so, but I'm checking out things about it as much as I can. It is black and has a few installed accessories, including roof crossbars, door edge guards, all-weather mats and the front vinyl protective film on the hood and front bumper.

The HL is replacing a 2012 Subaru Outback as my wife's daily driver and our family vehicle.

Rob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Picked up a pearl white 2019 SE on Memorial Day. Went through costco auto program of all things. Their price beat the 2 dealers I had visited, though 1 was close. Replacing my wife's 2005 Forester XT - she will miss the stick shift for sure, and has some trepidation about the size increase. Being in the snow belt, previously I had run snow tires in the winter and the highest performing all-seasons I could find in the summer, but we'll see how it does in the snow for the 1st winter with all-seasons.
Planning on moving the Dashcam over but want to wire it into the power panel in front of the rear view.

341 - 360 of 393 Posts