Toyota Nation Forum banner

361 - 380 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there just signed up, long time Toyota fan. We currently have a 2008 Yaris hatch (my daily) and she just picked up a 2014 Highlander after her '15 Corolla was rear ended and totaled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally got our new Limited. Got an ok deal and my wife is overjoyed with her new ride.

Looking forward to learn what to change and modify.

Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picking up a Highlander in the coming months to replace my wife's CX-5. With a second child coming any day now the extra space will be very useful. Planning on the used market as I have some upgrades planned out of the gate including a new head unit, lighting. We are between the SE and the Limited so it'll come down to the deal we strike. Color preference is white so if we get a Limited I will be blacking out a lot of trim, love the SE and nightshade look on white.

·
Registered
29 Posts
2019 Highlander Limited

'19 Highlander Limited, Blizzard white and ash (sure wish they had more colors selections for interior)

Recently purchased a '19 Highlander limited. Was debating to wait for the 2020 or buy Kia suv.
Most disappointed in the infotainment system and the MID screen in the dash. I am comparing it to my 18 sienna van and it has a lot less functions on the HL than the 18 sienna has.
On the van, could put the digital speedometer miles in large digits, in the MID and miles to go on a tank of gas, etc.all on the same screen.
Unable to find the same function on the '19 HL limited. It does not have Apple car play, etc...but they may add it in the future.

Toyota sent me a brochure to add Apple Car Play, etc to the 18 sienna, which I will get done asap.

Any suggestions from those that own Highlanders.. Not sure the '19 and the '18 are that much different in infotainment, etc.

Engine and tranny are the same, to my knowledge (18 and 19).

I Like that the rear window in the back hatch opens up. ..understand the 2020 is a solid glass.
I like the ground clearance in the 19 ... they lowered it in the 2020.
Glad to see they move the cruise controls in the 2020.

And the fuel door on the gas still locks. No so on many other of their models... like the 4 runner, that used to have one that locked.

One thing I find Toyota just shows no concern for the consumer of their autos.... are the Hood props.. They should have installed Lift Support Struts on the hood of the Highlander. My Daughter could not raise the hood to check the oil due to its weight. Gee, how much would it cost to install struts base on how many they would be buying...not much.. is my guess. Even the lowly Kia does it, as many others. Honda and Toyota are just too darn CHEAP to do so.

Considering the number of seniors citizens that buy their vehicles, Toyota should have changed by now.

The Highlander Hood is very heavy. ..more so than many I have raised that had struts to raise the hood.
Not sure you could add them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 Limited

Hi All, I've been lurking since I purchased my 2018 back in April 2018.

I have already replaced the interior lights with LEDs. I replaced the reverse bulbs with LEDs.

I hate the ChromeTech wheels and eventually will replace them and upgrade to 255/55/19 tires
to add a bit more sidewall for a better ride.

·
7,783 Posts
Welcome folks!!! Please read the general rules of engagement of the forum. If you are familiar with gold rule and respectful forum use you should be good to go!
Congratulations on your new HIGHLANDER!! And remember....
There can be ONLY ONE!

PLEASE DO:

Read the Sticky pages...and I dont mean the first thought that came to your mind! I mean the threads that are on the main 3rd Gen landing page. In this section referred to the main page.

On that top RIGHT HAND corner along the MAROON BAR, you will find a "Search" drop down option. In that option you will find a ADVANCED SEARCH OPTIOn...PLEEEEASE DOOOO use it! And PLEASE DO wake up those old and dusty threads that once had lots of fire in them....BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO oopen a NEW thread! It is always nice for YOU adn others to come and find topics well developed in in the same thread keeping context homogeneous.

Have fun! be honest and good to one another, and we shall all come out of this in another dimension!

WELCOME!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
19 hl awd ltd

Hello out there...

Just took home a 19 blizzard w/ash limited awd for DW. Had excellent luck with an 11 avalon limited (sold), so thought we would go "more' ute than car this time. Thus far very nice, we think it is quieter over the av. Nice to sit up abit like our truck. Had a hitch put on and DW loves the rear step up. Now wondering about the toyota running boards.... any insights?

Hoglou
sig block under development

·
Registered
4 Posts
I made a Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum 2019 my first 'New' car purchase after having owned used Lexus, Cadi, & Fords. I chose Koch 33 in Easton PA for convenience purposes. I made my purchase just shy of one week ago after several months of test driving numerous SUV's and checking for recalls and class action law suits on various makes and models. The issues and problems with the Highlander seems low risk and more palatable than that of many other vehicles on the market. I look forward to using this forum to stay informed and share my Highlander experiences. Thank you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi everyone!

I was doing some google search for my 2016 Highlander LE Plus and came across this forum. There's a wealth of information here that I have been trying to read up in the last few days. Hopefully I can contribute back to the form in the future. For now, I have a lot of reading to do.

Here's a photo of my Highlander when I first got it. :)

·
7,783 Posts
Congrats folks!

General note:
Do keep conversations about the car in the other threads. This is the intro thread where you say high and maybe share a bit about yourself or your purchase, or your visiting the site etc.
Give the search tool some time as it catches up indexing for the new platform we have.

DO read the DIY threads, as most key information can be found there.

Most of all ENJOY!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
2019 Highlander Limited

'19 Highlander Limited, Blizzard white and ash (sure wish they had more colors selections for interior)

Recently purchased a '19 Highlander limited. Was debating to wait for the 2020 or buy Kia suv.
Most disappointed in the infotainment system and the MID screen in the dash. I am comparing it to my 18 sienna van and it has a lot less functions on the HL than the 18 sienna has.
On the van, could put the digital speedometer miles in large digits, in the MID and miles to go on a tank of gas, etc.all on the same screen.
Unable to find the same function on the '19 HL limited. It does not have Apple car play, etc...but they may add it in the future.

Toyota sent me a brochure to add Apple Car Play, etc to the 18 sienna, which I will get done asap.

Any suggestions from those that own Highlanders.. Not sure the '19 and the '18 are that much different in infotainment, etc.

Engine and tranny are the same, to my knowledge (18 and 19).

I Like that the rear window in the back hatch opens up. ..understand the 2020 is a solid glass.
I like the ground clearance in the 19 ... they lowered it in the 2020.
Glad to see they move the cruise controls in the 2020.

And the fuel door on the gas still locks. No so on many other of their models... like the 4 runner, that used to have one that locked.

One thing I find Toyota just shows no concern for the consumer of their autos.... are the Hood props.. They should have installed Lift Support Struts on the hood of the Highlander. My Daughter could not raise the hood to check the oil due to its weight. Gee, how much would it cost to install struts base on how many they would be buying...not much.. is my guess. Even the lowly Kia does it, as many others. Honda and Toyota are just too darn CHEAP to do so.

Considering the number of seniors citizens that buy their vehicles, Toyota should have changed by now.

The Highlander Hood is very heavy. ..more so than many I have raised that had struts to raise the hood.
Not sure you could add them.
If your '19 HL has the Entune 2.0 or Premium Audio system Toyota will not offer an Apple Car Play upgrade...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Introduce myself. I am Brian and live in Louisville, Ky. I just purchased my first Highlander, a 19 xle. My wife also just purchased her first Highlander, a 19 limites. Look forward to participating on the forum.
As a family sidenote, my son is an engineer and works for Toyota in its Georgetown, Ky plant.

Take Carey for now.

·
7,783 Posts
Welcome Brian! Congrats to both you and your wife! Wow, sounds like you might have lots of interesting input for us to chew on :)
The forum just got an update, so take your time and look around. The Search and Sticky pages will be your first Go-To for all your needs...just about. There you will find all sorts of info and questions answered. I fyou have any issues, just start a thread and Bam! We will try to respond quick and deal with anything swiftly :)
Most of all ENJOY!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I cannot do a search just in this sub-forum today. What am I missing? Where's the Advanced Search function?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good Day Highlander Forum. After several months of searching for a new family vehicle I settled on a 2019 Highlander Limited Platinum in Blizzard Pearl w/ leather interior. The purchase experience at the dealer went well and given I've been driving a Lexus for over 10 years that I'm happy with, I felt Toyota would be a good family investment.

After taking the vehicle for our first family weekend, I'm left feeling a bit concerned and the car's already scheduled for an appointment at the dealership with three issues: the Blizzard Pearl paint is chipped/scratched, there is a bubble in the paint protection film, and there is a mark on the leather seat. I read the manual for directions on cleaning the seat and I asked the dealership what they recommend. They recommend a one-step cleaner like McGuires, but I've opted to leave it to the professionals to clean the seat given the car is new. I've got my fingers crossed that the dealership will make good and resolve the all the issues on my Highlander since it has less than 300 miles on it.

I look forward to reading about all the tips and tricks to help keep my SUV in good working order. Thank you for those who take the time to share their experiences.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi and thanks for the add. My wife is a longtime 4Runner owner and is very happy with the truck....the thing is absolutely bulletproof with reliability. I have been a long time Acura owner (current TL has just under 300,000 miles), but I am here to learn more about the new Highlanders as my next vehicle. Everyone seems to be moving to 2l turbo engines with 9 or 10 gear confused transmissions. Toyota appears to be keeping it V6 and time tested transmissions. Just looking to learn as much as I can about the new HL and specifically about doing own maintenance on Toyota SUVs. Thanks!

361 - 380 of 395 Posts