Toyota Nation Forum banner

381 - 395 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a HL XLE three days ago.

Recently retired letter carrier living in Oregon. We are a Toyota family with two Camry's, Celica, Sienna
and a RAV4 in 46 years of driving the roads in the PNW. Going to take the new car out on our first trip
this weekend. My drive way now looks like a married couple when my silver 2012 Rav4 is parked next
to the silver 2019 HL.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I have been lurking a bit & doing some research on upgrades/modifications (mainly around LED lighting upgrades), but we absolutely love our new Highlander. We purchased it brand new for roughly $10k off sticker from Hendrick Toyota in the Kansas City area; we bought it the first weekend of August. We are a long-time Honda/Acura family, so this is the first Toyota I've ever owned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New guy here. I've lurked from time to time since I bought my first Highlander in 2016. Recently was driving said vehicle when some guy (No license, no insurance and not his car) decided that he needed to use the oncoming lanes to "Find the freeway" (His excuse to police). He maneuvered into on coming traffic and hit me head on. Highlander totaled. I was a sad sad man for several weeks while my insurance did their thing. One day I get a message....your claim has been processed....go out and seek your new Highlander. I went from an LE Plus to an SE and oh, BTW no injuries! Below is the end result.

·
Registered
39 Posts
New guy here. I've lurked from time to time since I bought my first Highlander in 2016. Recently was driving said vehicle when some guy (No license, no insurance and not his car) decided that he needed to use the oncoming lanes to "Find the freeway" (His excuse to police). He maneuvered into on coming traffic and hit me head on. Highlander totaled. I was a sad sad man for several weeks while my insurance did their thing. One day I get a message....your claim has been processed....go out and seek your new Highlander. I went from an LE Plus to an SE and oh, BTW no injuries! Below is the end result.
View attachment 282919
Nice ride. Glad u had no injuries. Now put some LED’s in that rig! 😁

·
Registered
19 Posts
New to the forum.

2019 Highlander SE. Silver, love the blackout look with a Silver Vehicle.

Old School. Put myself through college by working on cars (Toyota and Datsun). Had a gift for troubleshooting wiring harnesses and doing the jobs no one else wanted. Got an EE degree from Cal Poly SLO. Worked in the San Jose for a few years, then off to Germany to work at Bosch. Analog Computer (D jetronic) went Micro based (L jetronic). So spent five years in Germany. Back to the states, working with semiconductor companies and still hands-on with vehicles. Still having fun with vehicles and electronics! I have a bunch of CAN breakout boards, need to see what I can do next (tempting to add blue tooth with security as a remote start for my Highlander)

My FJ40 and FJ60 are gone, getting ready to sell my house and 1500 sq ft shop. Empty Nester syndrome. Still staying active with Sprint Triathlons (great fun, highly recommend it - just get in your open water swimming before your first event!)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice Ride!

How fast was that head-on collision? Glad to hear no injuries!

One of my biggest shocks was my insurance rate is so low on new Highlander.

·
7,783 Posts
WELCOME!! Please go over the basics, and keep in mind of the sticky threads. There is plenty info there to answer just about any question. Also the search can be of great help.
Enjoy, apply the "golden rule" and feel free to reach out if you have trouble with anything!
Sounds like you maybe a great contributor to the Forum.
Congrats on your new ride!

·
Registered
3 Posts
FNG here! Long time 'yota owner, moderate and very active over on that big tacoma forum :)

Just picked up a 2019 black/black SE Nightshade. Pretty stoked. NOW TO GET MODDIN! First up, get my Valentine 1 installed 🤣

·
Registered
10 Posts
Luking before and after purchase of a 19 Predawn Grey Mica SE, stumbled upon this forum for OTD pricing. I was able to get 8k off sticker, going between 3 dealers. First Toyota, this one is for the family, wife will mainly drive it. But that is not saying i wont be either ;). Got the car about 3 weeks now, so far getting use to it, what i have done so far is a full ceramic coat, wheels coated and windows sealed. Great fourm, not alot of mods like im use to on other forums, but i guess this is coming from a practical family hauler. Will be installing a remote start and Start Stop module.

IMG_2783.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
View attachment 282108
I have been lurking a bit & doing some research on upgrades/modifications (mainly around LED lighting upgrades), but we absolutely love our new Highlander. We purchased it brand new for roughly $10k off sticker from Hendrick Toyota in the Kansas City area; we bought it the first weekend of August. We are a long-time Honda/Acura family, so this is the first Toyota I've ever owned.
A White SE! Looks very nice. My wife & I closed our deal on Saturday for a 2019 SE Salso Red Pearl)All weather lines, cross bars & tow hitch
38244.00 OTD ( including fees & taxes)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi. New to the T.N. Just purchased my 2019 LE Plus AWD H.L. Made on 9/20/19. I had the fleet manager order it for me, since no one had it in Toasted Walnut color, or factory installed Hitch.
Also was the first year to be able to order VIP alarm on the LE. And first year that Toyota gave this trim level BSM, and RCTA, and black lower door panels. Now the Whole bottom of the car has
an even look of black trim, instead of ending at just the side doors with body color panels. I was going to order the Limited, but I wont accept plastic wheel covers on a 50k car, and no black door panels. So since I could not have ventilated leather seats, I settled for the Fabric seats on the LE+. I tested my AWD with a trail cam recording it driving backwards up my dirt road in Bigbear and noticed the rear wheel only slipped about 1/8 of a turn before the other wheels kicked in. Love it so far. I am sure I will learn a lot on this Forum like I did to save hundreds on the extended warranty.
Brett

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks to reading this forum I was able to get our LE V6 AWD at a great price in Dayton OH. This is our first new and non Chevy vehicle we had ever own, so I am curious to see how much better Toyota is.

381 - 395 of 395 Posts