Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

·
Registered
2015 Avalon Limited Blizzard Pearl
3 Posts
new member here

This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Monrovea here. new member. just purchased a 2015 limited and love love it.
Came from a 2002 Lexus LS430 UL

·
Avalon Apprentice
2013 Avalon XLE
1 Posts
Whats up everyone..

Just got a used 2014 Avalon, coming from a Lincoln MKZ. Looking forward to contributing and annoying you all with questions.. er uh.. that are not already Stickied.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Hey there monrovea and IzzNet01, and welcome to TN!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello! I'm pretty new, been around for a while but have been posting more lately so I thought I'd post here. Also, whats the best place to start a thread on my build?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Signed to purchase a used 2018 Avalon XLE, picking it up in the next week. Also looked at Camry, but for only a little $ more, the Avalon is a better deal, in everything except mpg.

Does this forum have Search feature? Haven't seen one.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks. My name is EdSch, and I bought a 2018 Avalon a few weeks ago. It is a CPO with 14,000 miles on the odometer. I am 81 years old, and note that the Avalon seems to be the new Buick. For most of my life, men my age would buy a Buick as their last car until they die or until Motor Vehicle testing denied us our right to drive. The problem is the Buick dealer near me closed and I don't want to look for another, and I also have no idea of which of their man models suits me. I bought the Avalon, because it is, from what I understand, the most reasonably priced full sized sedan on the market, and it has the features I need.

My last car was a Mercedes '98 diesel. It is a great car and one I may consider superior to the Avalon. My problem was that I could not afford an old Mercedes diesel unless I did most of the repairs and maintenance myself. I'm just too old to maintain it. The Avalon is also a nice car, and I have coverage to take it to the dealer for maintenance and repair for as long as I am likely to drive or live. I come here, because I have found forums like this one to be valuable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
22 days a member and not really an active member yet. 2016 Avalon that I have had for about a month. Although I am a bit worried about the car being jinxed. 2 weeks in someone sideswiped me at a stop sign. I have never been in an accident before, the first time in 40 years of driving. Luckily only cosmetic damage. The next week took my 90-year-old mom out for a drive in my new car and she threw up in it. I scrubbed the seatbelt for 30 minutes. My old 2003 Avalon is sitting on the side of my house looking at me to get back into it and telling me it was always nice to me. ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought the wife a 2015 Avalon Limited yesterday- CPO, 1-Owner, 22k miles, Bought new and serviced at dealership we got it from since 2015- payed OTD-24.8 (including tax, title, 7y/100k premium warranty, dealer fees) It was time to do it, so we did! I look forward to our first trip back home (900 miles) Loved the comfort and SPACE!!! No Buyer's Remorse here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Right after the new year (2020) I plan to buy a 2017 or 2018 CPO Avalon Limited Hybrid. Unfortunately there are no Toyota dealers within an hour of me. I live in western Maryland - Cumberland. So getting it serviced under the warranty is going to be a pain. Fortunately, I have a very trusted mechanic who owns Johnston's Garage in Westernport who can take care of the rest.

I've been driving my mother's 2012 Limited for a few months. I really like it but want all of the advanced safety features that became standard in 2017. My current car is a 2006 Honda Insight Hybrid (first generation) and I don't think I'll ever be able to give up the fuel economy of a hybrid. Even so, switching to the TAH Limited will cost me about 20 mpg. But what a nice car it is! Far more comfortable than the "clown car" I've been driving the last 12 years. I'm 65 now and need a little pampering.

·
PJSMITH
1,518 Posts
For the year I average 34 overall with mixed driving over 5 years. More highway will net 36. You will see 40 if you keep it under 65 and on flat and level. Mountains will make the challenge of MPG. Since you have the insight, you understand the range of MPG and driving conditions. my 14 hybrid has had ZERO issues with the real mechanicals (engine/drivetrain). A few body parts have been repaired. The tires are your biggest challenge, so there's not a lot to worry about. My 65 year comfort in the tech stuff is good. suspicious, but good, so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I go by Rambo as most cant pronounce my name. I just purchased a 2016 touring and will be doing some work to quiet the dash creeks and cracks.

A little background: I work as an electrical engineer during the day, daddy afternoons and a fabricator in the evening.

If any one you want to checkout my work my instagram is RamFab Performace. Please dont follow, i just want to show you guys a little of what i do.

I also have a vibration with this car that i was told by the dealer it would be fixed with tires.

I am excited to join this group :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello evryone recently bought a 2015 Avalon XLE premium as my first car super excited to be here.
I actually work at a Toyota dealership at the moment, i saw the car come in on trade in and had to pick it up the next day. The cars color is burgundy.
Even though I am a tech i still have a lot of questions as im relatively new to the industry.

·
Registered
2014 Avalon
30 Posts
Just bought a 2014 XLE 11 days ago. Love the car, I had a Corolla so as you can imagine the Avalon is a huge jump up. Before that I had a 97 Camry V6. I really missed the extra power and well the Avalon has been perfect. By far the best car I've driven, and the comfort with the power is the
IMG_20200103_185857_01.jpg
best combination. Looking forward to many years with this beauty

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Camry Le
8 Posts
I just picked up my 2016 Avalon XLE. I have wanted an Avalon since 2013 and finally after all these years I had the luck of getting one. Beautiful and excellent car to drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Avalon owners
Just joined tonight. I drive a 2015 Avalon XLE Touring. Garage kept since new with only 22,000 miles on it. I have another vehicle I do my short running around town in. I'll try to get pics loaded later!

·
Registered
2017 Limited
5 Posts
2017 Avalon owner here, purchased back in Sept 2017. Currently 50k miles and still running perfectly. Customized it a little bit by adding a Weathertech window visors, trunk spoiler, and wheels. Will post some pics once I have a chance to clean her up for the camera!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts