Toyota Nation Forum banner

*** Official New Member Introduction Sticky ***

16501 Views 102 Replies 57 Participants Last post by  SVTfocusO3
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

Registered
2015 Limited - Blizzard White
Removed the pin stripe and tinted the windows

View attachment 342496
How much did it cost to have the windows tinted like this? I have a blizzard white 2015 Av Ltd and love it but that level of tinting looks like JUST the right amount.

Registered
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Peloton52 here, while I have owned my 2013 Avalon for a number of years now, I'm just discovering this forum. I reside in New England

Registered
06 Avalon Ltd/no nav
Hello 4th Gen folks. I almost become apart of the family. I have a 06 Avalon Limited. I went to test Drive a Black 2013 XLE Touring and I was disappointed with the ride quality. The opportunity was ready made. Price $17,995 78k miles. 1 owner/leased. Everything perfect for an upgrade for me, but it just wasn鈥檛 comfortable. I don鈥檛 need extra plush but it鈥檚 too sporty, not the look but the suspension. I did some research and found out the 13-15 models had a tighter suspension and 2016 and up was 鈥渞e-tuned鈥.

Again, the look I love, but it鈥檚 the ride quality. The Touring package is nice tho. It was fun for a moment. Same familiar engine feel of course, just the ride quality. Too bad.

Registered
When you have never been in a gen 3 I guess the gen 4 ride is OK. The look makeover definitely is a plus. Night and day. But from personal experience riding in an 07 limited the comfort and silent drive puts my 2013 Limited to shame except for looks.

Registered
2016 Toyota Avalon XLE Premium
Hey there everyone. I've lurked here for a while as I have had my Avalon for a little over two years now, it's an absolutely great car. I'm a little on the younger side for Avalon owners as I'm in my mid twenties, but I hope this car takes me the long haul (further than my Subaru did, at least...). Cheers.

Registered
Hey there everyone. I've lurked here for a while as I have had my Avalon for a little over two years now, it's an absolutely great car. I'm a little on the younger side for Avalon owners as I'm in my mid twenties, but I hope this car takes me the long haul (further than my Subaru did, at least...). Cheers.
That's kind of like an inverted middle age crisis thing you got going on there. Kudos for coming out of the closet and admitting you're driving a "Pappy Mobile" :cool:

The reason for the redesign starting with the 4th Gen was to attract younger drivers. I guess it worked a bit.

Registered
Hello, new to the Avalon forum, just got a 2013 xle touring with 156,000 miles on it, hey, it was in my price range, last car was a 2007 Matrix which I still have and am letting my daughter drive it. I love this car. My nephew who is a mechanic is the one who told me to consider an Avalon as I was going for a 2013 Rav4. So glad he told me about Avalons, both cars were the same price but the Rav4 had only 102,000 miles. I love this Avalon so far, 3 days. It had great carfax records, the previous owner put on a lot of miles and would get oil changes every 3,000 miles, new water pump, tires and brakes. My nephew checked it out for me and said it was a great, solid car, well maintained. I just have to figure out how to work the display for music, maps, etc. never had that on a car before but I love the backup camera. Looking forward to driving this for a few years at least!

Kim

Registered
Stresshacker here! Long time Toyota sedan owner: 1986 Cressida w/ W58 Manual Trans; 1996 Avalon 1st Gen XLS; 1998 Avalon 1st Gen (facelift) XLS; 2014 Avalon 4th Gen XLE.

averaged over 215k miles on each of the first 4 sedans (sold the '98 at 297k miles and it ran great!)
Current 2014 Avalon nearing 100k miles.
Going to have to start looking for help from others.
Hoping to help and be helped!

Thanks!

Registered
2015 Avalon XLE V6. Silver with grey insides.

New Avalon owner here. I recently purchased a 2015 Avalon XLE dressed in Silver with a light grey interior. Only 76,000 miles on the ODO. I look forward to getting to know the good people here.

Registered
I just picked up a 2013 Avalon XLE Touring with 56k and I love it. I actually trade in s 2017 lexus ES350 with 30K. The avalon is superior in ride. I hated the Lexus. Owned an old ES330 years ago and loved it. Assumed I would love the 2017. Net buy, didnt drive it. I did not. Not a big fan of the steering. Suspension was awful. Floating like a big cadillac on the road. The 2013 Avalon drives so much better to me. Stiffer suspension. I prefer a sedan but many brands are starting not to make them anymore and ones they are usually have 4 cylinder turbos (no thanks) I had a 2011 avalon and sold it a few years ago like an idiot then regretted. Ill try yo get 10 years out of this 2013
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

PJSMITH
For all of the newer members and any that want help, it really matters what car you have (Hybrid or V6) and the year and trim level to be able to help figure out some of the problems you post.
When you ask a question, include the year and model of the car. If you want to make it easy, include it in your signature or in the avatar that you make to list your login name.

Since there are many more "used car" new members, it's hard to know the difference in the car of a 2013 or a new 2022 or so and what trim you have. Differences in transmissions and radio/nav systems, and suspensions, especially.

It helps YOU get help if the people that have fixed the problems know what you are driving.

That is all

Registered

Just bought a 2013 Avalon Hybrid Limited. It has a lot of miles at 170k but has been meticulously maintained. Everything works, just needs some cleanup and perhaps some
Improvements. Looking forward to learning鈥

Oh, already a Toyota fanboy. Have a 2017 Tundra as well as a really nice fully loaded 2018 Camry XLE.

Registered
2015 Avalon XLE V6. Silver with grey insides.
Just bought a 2013 Avalon Hybrid Limited. It has a lot of miles at 170k but has been meticulously maintained. Everything works, just needs some cleanup and perhaps some
Improvements. Looking forward to learning鈥

Oh, already a Toyota fanboy. Have a 2017 Yundra as well as a really nice 2018 Camry LXE.
Welcome to the group! 鈥13-18 Avalons are my favorites! Hybrid or V6.

Registered
Welcome to the Gen 4 Avalon gang :)

I also have a 2013 TAL. (Canadian Edition. With premium package). Never understood why made in same plant that the Canadian and US versions would be different in some aspects. Especially for such a low sales volume.

Mine only has 181K KM (112,500 Miles) A few minor issues like all used cars but in 2 1/2 years she's been reliable. not hard on gas for a car that size, And she's definitely not a slouch, she can boot when needed (or wanted, for fun).

Registered
2014 Avalon Hybrid
Hello all. I am a 76 year old Navy veteran, recently retired from a 40+ year career as an auto electrician. I have been working on cars as a hobby and a profession since my first car, a 1947 Ford that I purchased in fine shape for $45. I recently found my first (and at my age) my last Hybrid. A 2014 Avalon Limited, loaded to the nines, with 70K miles on her, a lucky find I do believe. I look forward to learning much from Toyotanation.com about this car and possibly sharing the knowledge that I have about electrical troubleshooting with others.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts