Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
34,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jiimshorts here. First Toyota in '70s (don't remember year... maybe '74?), then 78 Corona, 82 Corolla, 1990 Camry V6, which I'm still driving ~208,000 miles later. Lots of parts and repair issues (naturally). Looking forward to learning from you all. Jim

·
Registered
19 Posts
sv21bill, bill nelson is my legal identity. hello, i thought i was the only guy that care about these sv21 and vzv21s. photos of my current project coming soon but i have owned 2 sv21s (90, 91) and 2 vzv21s (both 1991s) and it seems that i like to take the 3s motors out of the sv bodies and place them in the vzv bodies, i like the disk brakes. my first major auto repair was placing a 3s-fe in a 1991 vzv21, the four banger was rear ended, i just finish college, and i wanted to put my drive line into an lexus vzv21 to make a lexus es200. the guy that owned it say it could not be done so i bought a blown v6 camry and proved him wrong. been building autos ever since but i will always have a soft spot for sv21s. current project is a repeat of my first project (long store coming soon) but this time i plan to retain the a540 tranny with the 3s-fe. getting ready for boost with the right tranny. enough talking, back to wreaching.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning,

Just now delving into 2nd Gen Camrys, though not exactly new to Toyotas, having grown up with one in the driveway my entire life in one form or another (mostly pickups) I’ve been helping my dad keep his daily driven ‘04 Tacoma going for a few years, I believe it’s now closing in on the 370k mile mark fairly soon.Recently picked up my ‘91 Camry that needs the front end rebuilt (prior owner had a DUI but not bad enough to destroy the car) and safety inspection done. I’m hoping to bring it back to DD status in the coming weeks

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
1,675 Posts
As my name suggests, I had a V6 Camry (88.5)... with a 5-speed manual, during college. Currently making a detour with VW's and modding (usually the less popular models), and looking to get a Highlander Hybrid AWD next year (2021 or 2022), after the 1st year glitches gets worked out. Need a larger ski SUV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:
Hello All! Ray Ullrich here.
As a (fairly new) 98 Camry owner, I am getting my feet wet learning this car. I have owned it for about 5 or 6 years, purchased it with 45K miles from original owner and haven't had any issues other that a steering rack replacement right after I got it. Just tires and oil changes!

But, now at 150K miles, I am doing valve cover gaskets. And since the timing belt replacement requires some overlap of work, I am exploring that project now. Also, I have a headlight that is out, so, I am interested in any info on replacing them with new units and LED bulbs.

Thank you!,
Ray

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,265 Posts
Hello All! Ray Ullrich here.
As a (fairly new) 98 Camry owner, I am getting my feet wet learning this car. I have owned it for about 5 or 6 years, purchased it with 45K miles from original owner and haven't had any issues other that a steering rack replacement right after I got it. Just tires and oil changes!

But, now at 150K miles, I am doing valve cover gaskets. And since the timing belt replacement requires some overlap of work, I am exploring that project now. Also, I have a headlight that is out, so, I am interested in any info on replacing them with new units and LED bulbs.

Thank you!,
Ray
Welcome @Ray Ullrich.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! My name is Frances and I have an 88 Toyota Camry. This car has been a lifesaver for me and the family. Our newer cars have broken down so many times and this one is the one we rely on when all the rest are sitting in the garage. I'm looking forward to learning more

·
Registered
3 Posts
Drew Matthews - Wow, I like those Alltracs, but I am having my hands full with my two SE's a 1985 and a 1986. I have received some good advice by reading these forums and am in possession of an 1985 Toyota Camry repair manual. Only 16 of us, hard to believe. These things last forever. I scored my 1986 last spring for $200.00 and drove it today.

·
Registered
1991 Camry DX, 1995 Previa S/C, 1983 Mazda RX-7 GS, 2022 Honda Insight
167 Posts
Hello, just picked up a 91 DX last night. It's in great shape, but still needs some touch-up here and there. I will create my own build thread for updates and questions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts