Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
34,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello All,

The fact that this sticky has 0 replies makes me think I'm doing this wrong buuut... the title and purpose seems pretty ironclad so here goes:

Name, Volatile Solution, VSoluion for short, an old gamer tag from my teens that I lovingly drag from the grave for occasions like this. I drive a '16 Carolla that doesn't need much done to it currently but my GF just got herself a 2000 Camry for a whopping $280 and I come in search of the knowledge to keep her good deal a good deal. I promise to exhaustively try and find the answers to my questions in these archives before asking via my own thread. Anyway, thank you to all the newbs that join after me and see this, if y'all end up coming in clutch, (Ayyye, i know, awful) and awaaay we go.

-VSolution

·
Super Moderator
12,793 Posts
Hey there VS, and welcome to the TN forums!

Nah, you’re absolutely correct to post here. We recently did away with the forum-wide intro thread for a number of reasons, and created them in each model-specific forum. And you’re the first to use it here! So congrats on being the first!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Names Chaos0826

I own a 94 Camry named "Baby" that was gifted to me 2 years ago for free to me by a family member who took excellent care of it with over 230,000 miles. I was told if I kept her name Baby she will give it to me for free. I instantly fell in love with it, mainly for the nostalgia and simplicity of the car. Last year Baby blew a head gasket and am in the process of taking the motor apart and just doing gaskets, seals, maintenance ie waterpump, timing belts, pullies and such. My plan is to have her running this year and upgrade a few things such and rims suspension components, and interior luxuries. I am located near Indianapolis, IN. I have owned a few Lexuses in my years and LOVE Toyota and what they stand for. Thank you for time in reading this.

·
Super Moderator
12,793 Posts
Hey there Chaos, and welcome to TN!

V6 or I4 motor?

·
Prince Of All Trades
1998 Toyota Camry LE
5 Posts
F3 & Baby Blue

A close friend of us sold us his 1998 Toyota Camry LE 2.2L (for about half the retail value) in the Summer of 2012. Back then it had just over 300,000 miles on the clock (maybe as much as 320,000). Today "Baby Blue" sports Lexus ES300 16" rims, a backup camera, a dash-cam, and over 439,000 miles (over 704,000 Km).

·
Super Moderator
12,793 Posts
Hello, and welcome to TN! That mileage puts you at #11 on our hi-miler list here. I’ll get it updated shortly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FLeetwood 57

New here. I have a 1996 Camry LE, 2.2 with 335,000 miles. Also have in the corral a 2013 Camry (4 cylinder) and 2006 Tundra SR5 (4.7). Needless to say, I like Toyotas!

·
Super Moderator
12,793 Posts
Hello Fleetwood, and welcome to TN! You also made our hi-miler list! See my previous post above for a link to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone,

"New" $400 black 1999 V6 172K Camry runnin HOTT!, blowin steam and oil leakin every where... Salvageable?

lets find out...

wes

·
Super Moderator
12,793 Posts
Welcome to TN KamUhRee! Good luck getting your Camry back in shape! You’re in the right place. There are a lot of extremely knowledgeable members here to help ya.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1997 Camry XLE with 5S-FE engine. Am wondering if my engine is easy swap to 2000 Camry. Will post a question re: this if I don't see the subject thread already exists. Thanks for letting me join!

·
Super Moderator
12,793 Posts
Hello rempfer, and welcome to the fold! There have been a few threads about this, which you should find in searching.

The short answer is yes, but you’ll have to swap some sensors and such, with the details depending on the emissions compliancy of the two motors. If you don’t find the info you’re looking for, just post up a new thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Camry Fans!

I owe Camry 3.0 V6, automatic, manufactured in Japan in 05.2000. 98K on the clock, bought it back in [email protected] miles in UK. I am a 3rd or 4th owner.
Not very popular in Europe hence using this great forum as You have a loooot of useful info here which I hope will make the best out of it.

Collecting parts and part numbers as I want to keep the car as fit as possible for another 20 years and more! :)

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,793 Posts
Hi Martin, and welcome to the fold! If you have any questions you can’t find answers for in the DIY sticky or by searching, don’t hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello my name is Kevin I live in California and have a 99 Camry just did head gasket and still blowing white smoke ugh!!!! Anyhow going to look through posts and see what I can find thank you to everyone for such an awesome forum

·
Super Moderator
12,793 Posts
Hi Kevin, and welcome to the TN forums!

·
When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Camry, Sienna, Prius
1 Posts
Hello TN! I have a few Toyota vehicles that have been excellent! A 1999 2.2L Camry with over 265k miles and a 2004 3.3L Sienna Van with over 125k miles (vehicle with the lowest miles). My oldest daughter has an '05 Prius Hybrid that I've replaced the inverter on a few years ago and has been running great since. Just recently replaced the inverter coolant pump a few months ago. My son has an '05 2.4L Camry. I do most of the work myself on all my vehicles. Also have a 2001 3.0L Subaru Outback VDC and 2003 GMC Savana 3/4 ton 12 passenger van.

Have been looking around the site a little and thought it would be great to join and explore some more.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts