21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
Welcome aboard sturgissteele!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, as seen in my username, the 1998 Toyota Camry 3.0L V6 LE that I'm currently taking care of has a number of issues. It's seen a lot of road time (around 474k miles) and I'm just hoping I can fix it enough to go back to a smooth commuter car.

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
Hey there SMP, and welcome to the TN forums! You're in the right place. There are a bunch of knowledgeable members here to help you out with just about any problem. Be sure the skim thru The Sticky full of links to DIY threads. Chances are good you'll find what you're looking for. If not, post up!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just picked up a 99 Solara 5S-FE with a 5 speed and 344k on the clock, and guess why I'm here? lol

Actually love this car compared to the Chrysler I currently drive, you can actually get your hands inside the engine bay to work on it.

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
Hello there, and welcome to the TN forum!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi people. Lyrrad85z. My name backwards and birth year and then a Z, like 350z. I made this when I was 13, the username... And I like the way it looks...
Check my profile for details on the love of my life right now

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
Hey there you two, and welcome to TN!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I'm an old guy from 'Bama. How can you tell I'm old? Because I signed up with my real name instead of the gamer tag I'd used the past 20 years, that's how! See, I'm so practical and lazy now that it's easier to sign off "K B" than "Tinkicker"...
My main ride has been a 2004 Tacoma TRD since 2007, but since I've decided I want to preserve it's low-mile (105,000) condition AND my wife and I like travelling, I'm looking for a 3rd generation Camry to restore and improve specifically for ride comfort, high fuel mileage, and control...and because I can't afford a new one!
I've always liked those older Camry's, and now that the kids are grown we don't have to take her minivan on trips. So I thought this would be a good way to have an interesting project and get something nice for me and my wife to enjoy.
Thanks and glad to be here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all! Just signed up today. I just bought a '99 LE that a neighbor was selling. He had his own CNG filling station and has a CNG system in the car. I have an agreement with the current owner to fill my car there once a week. (It runs on gasoline too) I plan to use it as a commuter. My 17 year old boy has a 2002, so Camrys are popular with us! I will be happy to share details about the CNG as I learn more about the system. It has 201,500 mi and I just had the rear crossmember subframe replaced with a southern car's part. In recent years it had new struts and other repairs. Runs nice and smooth now. 20 years ago when I first met my my wife, she had a 99 Camry brand new... so this brings back nice memories! I am sure I will have questions as I get to know this new/old car, so thanks for being a resource.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all!

I married my dream girl on 7/9/2019, and she brought her 1997 Camry LE V6 into the marriage.

On our way to our new home on 7/15/2019, the right rear forward lateral control arm snapped, and we had to get it towed for repair. $309 installed. Major charliefox misadventure, too.

Since then, I've pretty well tore through its rear end. It's spent about 6 of the last 9 weeks with its butt up on jackstands.

I've now got aftermarket (Lowe's) bolts holding the new trailing arms onto the knuckles, because both old bolts were frozen solid to the old bushings. I've also found that the right sway bar bushing is mounted to a bracket that's got one of its captive nuts missing, and a really dodgy aftermarket nut and bolt in its place, upside-down and untorqueable.

It's just had 6 of the 8 control arms replaced. Only the two rear (adjustable) lateral arms remain.

It still has a rear end creak in it, that only shows up off-pavement, or when transitioning from reverse to forward or vice-versa. Could that be the lateral arms? Could that be the dodgy sway bar mount? Is it likely to be the rear subframe bushings? Or am I likely looking at some rogue bolt that isn't properly torqued somewhere back there?

The engine ran like a swiss watch until it spent those weeks nose-down on jackstands. Now it's skipping and farting at idle, and throwing a Cyl-5 misfire code. I haven't pulled the spark plugs to inspect, just yet - it's fine above idle, isn't up for inspection until March, and the suspension issues take priority.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:
Hello folks, I am basically here to pick peoples minds on occasion... My daughter recently bought one of these so I will scavenge the search bar before I will ask...

Drag

·
Registered
17 Posts
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:
I am back !! After several years of absence, I am back on the forum. I am a retired chemistry teacher from Miami Florida and my 2001 Camry is still going strong. (the car was one of the few things my ex did not want in the divorce). Could not remember my password and the email associated with my account was my work email...so I re-registered. Good to be back !

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
Welcome back! If you want to recover your old account, just contact the administrators here, and they can help you with that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi y'all, glad I found this forum. My 2004 Sebring died on a camping trip in Texas, so I had to find something to get me back home to NYC, and I found this 2001 Solara convertible that had always resided in Austin (so no northern weather wear), and good history. I'm loving it, handles better than the Chrysler. But I'm getting intermittent error codes related to EVAP and A/F sensors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I got a 2001 Solara 3.0 V6 5-speed with TRD supercharger kit in California. The car is hitting 200k miles. I have been looking for the TRD CARB stickers for my car. If anyone still has a set, please let me know.
Great to join here!! :love:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello there,

Not new to TN but a new owner of a 95 Camry with 238k miles. I'm calling it Apollo since it's mileage is the distance to the moon lol. Had a 97 T-100 pickup that I gave to someone in need, and picked this up cheap. Right now I'm trying to get heat back. Great forum so far!

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Camry LE Gallery Series J-VIN
4 Posts
Hello all and happy holidays,

I am new to the forum.. but I have owned my 2001 Toyota Camry LE Gallery Series J-VIN for about a year now. I have 89,600 miles on her and am about to do the big 90,000 tune up on it. The dealership I bought it from didn't have much of a record on it so Im gonna do everything Toyota says to do and then some on it. I'm also going all OE and having the work done at my local Carmax/Toyota dealership. Prices are actually reasonable and I want to put the money into it because I want it to last me. Plus who knows better than Toyota about this car. Look forward to you're guys advice and possibly posing some pictures of my car once I got it waxed and shining! Thanks ahead of time for the warm welcome!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts