Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Toyota Camry Solara, 2.4L
2 Posts
Hi everyone! Newbie here, both on the forum and to Toyota. I bought my first Toyota six months ago, a 2003 Solara with the 2.4L 4cyl (also my first 4cyl car). To anwer a question that probably no one will ask, my name is a reference to my first car (which itself is a reference to the ferryman of the dead Charon from Greek mythology). I'm looking forward to learning from all of you!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey! The names GanderThePanda, a mixture of my favourite animal and my last name! I love how carefree pandas are.
Anyways, I just moved over to Canada on a work visa and scraped up some cash for a car. Got myself a 1999 Camry with 175,000 Kms for $1200 CAD, which seems pretty good looking at most posts here...
Mechanically this car drives like a dream compared to my previous Renault Scenic from the UK, and my Camry is 8 years older! The body leaves a lot to be desired...
I thought I'd join this community as I'm looking to get more into car mechanics, mainly starting with repainting and undenting the body.
Woo!

Edit: I forgot to say, my car has more of a title than a name... Usually it's "The Lambo". Gotta love some satire.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello everyone, new to here not new to toyotas or working on them. I have a 95 camry wagon that I just finished manual swapping not sure how active I'll be but hope to help out some fellow Camry lovers and maybe find out some info I didnt know. My wagon has a lot done to it but still is a work in progress. It is my daily driver currently.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm Sean
This is my first Toyota, a 1995 Camry LE
I was given this a couple of months ago, as it was not running.
Looking to the members of this forum to help me out with some questions.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for adding me. My name is Jeff but go by Tobe. I have a 2000 Camry 3.0 V6 with 190,000 miles on it. Starting to have some trouble with it. Hoping you all can give me some advice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi my name is jayjay and I have a 1995 Toyota Camry wagon. I purchased this vehicle two years ago and I've enjoyed the simplicity of the car. This car is pre obdIi and very comfortable to drive. I honestly feel like the seats are recliners and the rear seat is a sofa. Anyway my children get a kick out of the rear facing 3rd row but I only let my two dogs sit back there. Since owning the vehicle I've changed the oil, transmission fluid(which looked as dark as oil) and I've put in an alternator and starter myself. Since I bought both parts from Amazon as slightly used I can honestly say I've spent maybe $50 bucks total in parts and if you count fluids oil, tranny maybe another $40. Not bad considering I only spent $650 to buy the car in the first place. Unfortunately this year may be the old lady's last on the the road. She is due for state safety inspection in October and she has some undercarriage issues. Since she is 25 years old I can register her as an antique but she won't be a daily driver after October. When I bought her she had about 159,000 miles on her. Today she has about 220,000 miles on her and aside from some cold start issues runs like a champ! I even drove from my house south of Boston all the way to Memphis TN and back without so much as a hiccup these vehicles are ugly to some people but to me the dependability and reliability make her as pretty as a 68 mustang!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I'm Saadat and I drive a good ol '99 Camry that I got 3 months ago with 240k miles on the odo. Already put in 4000miles on it. Been a Toyota fan boy for quite a while. I also have a 2012 Toyota Etios diesel back in India :) Stumbled upon this forum after searching for quick fixes for my camry. Looking forward to gain and share knowledge through this forum!

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2001 LE 4cyl with 160k on the clock a couple of days ago. The previous owner had the timing belt and water pump changed about 6k ago and mechanically the car seems great and it drives very smooth. It has some rough paint though with a large portion of the clear coat fading but I will eventually get around to that. Overall I am very excited to know that I have a car that will last such a long time if taken care of. I look forward to learning from all of the great material posted here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im new to the forums but i have had my Camry since 2017. Bought it off the original owner who bought it brand new. Had 153k when i bought it, has 190k now. Only mods ive done is a k&n filter and the fog lights. I recently replaced the rear crossmember and all front and rear suspension components. I put 205/75r15 arctic claws on it for winter but next set will be 205/70r15. I plan on buying a tig welder soon and building a stainless header and stainless exhaust for it

·
Registered
98 camry
14 Posts
Hello all!
The name's Kirbi and I'm from Maryland. My husband actually brought the Camry for $800 from a friend of his who had orginally brought it for his daughter.
My Camry is a 98, 2.2L 5sfe engine, cali emission, Japanese model with 290k. We call her the unicorn of Camrys. Rockauto has been my friend and savior! Our son calls the car - samurai cam-er-i LoL
Always had came to this site to see if anyone had any insight on some issues we came across and figured I'd join in on the fun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hoddy everyone , I'm sleepy tomoko from Texas. Proud owner of a 1996 Toyota Camry v6 le sedan , been lurking for sometime now just wanted to build up the courage to actually start a account and wait for the right time to post.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts