Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Toyota Nation,

I am siva , am new to this group.
Am already uisng Toyota RAV4, planning to move to Toyota Camry LE 2010 year model, need your advice on this car.
How reliable this car is?
Did you guys found any defects in this car so far? like Consuming Enginer Oil for every 250 miles( my RAV4 does this for every 250 miles I have top up the engine that is the reason am planning to change this car).

Please provide your valuable information.

Thanks
siva

·
Registered
2 Posts
new to forum. bought a 2007 camry v6 and it started blowing smoke on accelerating during the 5 hour trip home. in the process of dx and thought I'd check this place out for ideas as I do compression tests, pull valve covers, etc.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
4,491 Posts
Hello Toyota Nation,

I am siva , am new to this group.
Am already uisng Toyota RAV4, planning to move to Toyota Camry LE 2010 year model, need your advice on this car.
How reliable this car is?
Did you guys found any defects in this car so far? like Consuming Enginer Oil for every 250 miles( my RAV4 does this for every 250 miles I have top up the engine that is the reason am planning to change this car).

Please provide your valuable information.

Thanks
siva
Welcome to the site! Be sure to post this question in the 6th gen Camry section.

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
4,491 Posts
new to forum. bought a 2007 camry v6 and it started blowing smoke on accelerating during the 5 hour trip home. in the process of dx and thought I'd check this place out for ideas as I do compression tests, pull valve covers, etc.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Welcome to the site! Be sure to post this in the Gen 6 section to get some good feedback.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I’m a lube tech, mainly oil changes and transmission services. But I drive a 2010 Camry se, with the 2.5l. It’s got 182k and I’m about to replace both ball joints and lower control arms. Wish me luck. Also I’m in Fl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good day all!

I registered a while back but never posted. I have a 2010 Camry LXE I bought for a steal back in '11 for 17K with 8K miles on it. Have 250K on it but her timing chain is going. I have drive 100miles a day had two near misses with dear (and by near misses just caught the back end of the dear) so while you can see the fenders are slightly pushed into not exactly straight lines she keeps on trucking. I typically rotate to a new car brand when I do get another car this will probably be the first time I stick with Toyota as I have my eyes on an '07 or '08 solara coupe. Can get one for a good price than can hand off to my kit who will lbe driving in a few years.

I am looking forward to gather all the info about the Solara I can!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:
Hi everyone Hueydrvr short for Huey Driver; Yes, the helicopter. Own a 2011 Camry. Trying to find information on Bluetooth interference with the radio. Hopefully, someone can help point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi, not new to Camry but new to forum and just picked up an 03 high mileage Camry for my daughter but I'll be doing all the work. Currently has 253k miles lol. Just breaking in haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:
I am a proud owner of a 2004 Toyota Solara v6. I have had it for more than a decade with no problems. I am starting to look for parts to keep it looking new so that's why I am here. New cars are way too pricey and there is nothing wrong even after 145,000 miles! I would love to keep it that way. Hopefully I can get some good advice here.

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
4,491 Posts
I am a proud owner of a 2004 Toyota Solara v6. I have had it for more than a decade with no problems. I am starting to look for parts to keep it looking new so that's why I am here. New cars are way too pricey and there is nothing wrong even after 145,000 miles! I would love to keep it that way. Hopefully I can get some good advice here.
Welcome to the site inferno!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Guys, im the proud owner of this 05 Toyota Solara V6 With 230,000 Kilometres (142,000 Miles) in the Greater Toronto Area . I purchased it summer of 2019 with 220,000 Kms or so. Its been trouble free for the most part i have done 3 synthetic oil changes so far, New Continental Tires, Alignment, transmission drain and fill, a lot of cosmetic maintenance, rust proofing. The car gets complimented everywhere it goes which wasn’t something i expected with owning this car. i look forward to learning stuff on here ive already done some diy stuff such as headlight bulb replacement, headlight restoration (multiple attempts),Sanding down some undercarriage corrosion then neutralizing it etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all- just bought an '07 Camry XLE with 55,000 miles. Committed driveway mechanic with an '05 Sienna that I bought new and have since put almost 280,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
View attachment 289236 Hey Guys, im the proud owner of this 05 Toyota Solara V6 With 230,000 Kilometres (142,000 Miles) in the Greater Toronto Area . I purchased it summer of 2019 with 220,000 Kms or so. Its been trouble free for the most part i have done 3 synthetic oil changes so far, New Continental Tires, Alignment, transmission drain and fill, a lot of cosmetic maintenance, rust proofing. The car gets complimented everywhere it goes which wasn’t something i expected with owning this car. i look forward to learning stuff on here ive already done some diy stuff such as headlight bulb replacement, headlight restoration (multiple attempts),Sanding down some undercarriage corrosion then neutralizing it etc.
I like it. It's similar to my 2008 SLE other than the top and interior color.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys I just got my first camry last week, it's a 2007 altise with 170 ks on it. Any advice or info for a complete n00b to camrys. from down Under in Australia

·
Registered
2006 Camry XLE
4 Posts
Hey Folks!

New to the forum. Just became the owner of a 2006 XLE. High mileage (187K) but exterior bodywork and interior is in fantastic condition. Seems like the car was loved and taken care of, always a good sign for any used car, let alone an older model. :)

It's not perfect by any means, and I will be posting some questions in the forums shortly. Looking forward to learning more about the car and keeping it running nicely.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hello All,

This will be a partial rehash of my post in the full forums introduction forum, plus a bit more.

I am completely new to the Toyota brand, at least as an owner. No one who lives in the USA can be unaware of Toyota entirely unless they've lived under a rock. I previously owned convertibles but have been "stuck in hardtops" since I sold my last one in (or very near to) 2005. I have been looking to get another for almost a year now and came upon a 2004 Solara SLE in arrest-me red with a tan top and interior sporting just under 74K miles and instantly fell in love with the looks. The car is rebuilt after an accident, but from everything I can tell after the pre-purchase check over, test drive and following six hour drive back home they did a really fine job on that rebuild. The car looks virtually like new, with the only thing not perfectly so on the exterior being the top, which shows some very slight wear characteristic of actually having been put down like one would expect a convertible driver to do.

I am a DIY mechanic of reasonable skill (years of working on British cars "of a certain age" as well as on more modern GM and Chrysler vehicles will do that) who will gladly turn to the pros for work I cannot do competently or just don't feel like doing for whatever reason. Certain jobs are so tedious to do at home that paying someone else to do them is well worth the money.

I hope to have many happy years and miles with my new-to-me baby and am looking forward to the first top-down day of spring, which is a few months away here in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts