Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
34,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

·
Registered
Camry LE 19
139 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I joined here back on January and have about more than 40 posts but wanted to officially introduce myself. I own 2019 Camry LE with Aqua Galactic color and loving it so far except for the transmission ( who doesn`t have an issue anyways). I am following some great topics here and finding some good looking mods to apply to my car. I am no good installing anything to my car so don`t be mad if i ask to many questions :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

Howdy I went to Honda’s back in The 80 after having a couple old Celicas and a Corolla. Well I broke weak and got a Hyundai Sonata in 2013 thinking it would last . Well after the oil thinning DI and countdown to rod failure we couldn’t take it any more. Just last week we got a nice 18 2.5 SXE and I’m back

·
Super Moderator
12,785 Posts
Hey there everyone, and welcome to the TN forums! If you have any problems or questions regarding how to use any of the features here, don't hesitate to ask any of the mods via PM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Daniel Here dropping in to say Hi! Joined to keep up with any news info and mod for my mothers 2018 Camry XSE V6! It's a little over a year old but she loves it and with the Apple CarPlay update she loves it even more. NO MORE Entune!

·
Registered
2019 Camry SE
26 Posts
Hey everyone.

I just joined here the other day. Just got my first Toyota ever a few days ago. 2019 Camry SE, Galactic Aqua Mica exterior, Black interior. I'm loving this car so far. Pretty much joined this forum to learn more stuff about the platform. I've already learned a lot about the platform so far and have got plenty of ideas for visual modifications I want to do to my Camry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I’ve been here for a while while there was a 2000 Solara in the family.
The Solara has gone to the Happy Toyota Car Show in the sky. My son got the 2014 Camry and I just bought a 2018 LE.

I’m much more interested in keeping this Camry alive as long as I am, as opposed to more cosmetic interests.

·
South of the north pole
114 Posts
Moving over from L to T

Long time Toyota fan here, my first car (to me) was a 74 Corolla 2 doors, 4 speed with rusted floorboards. Just traded my great driving dynamics, 3.5l awd Lexus IS for a more gas frugal 2019 XSE, 2.5l.

I was impressed with the car on paper, and for the short drive of a rental unit in LE trim. I am more impressed with the XSE's suspension and handling after a week of ownership, and that week's spirited drive gave me 600km for 45l, or 7.5l/100km of mixed hwy/city driving. The console still says 8.5l/100km, so yeah readings are under estimated.

·
Registered
2019 Camry SE
141 Posts
Hello from Kissimmee, FL. I got a 2019 Camry SE two weeks ago. This is my 1st Toyota and I am loving it. I am coming of an old F150 with 238k miles so the trunk space was an adjustment but I am really enjoy my Camry specially the gas savings. Really fun car to drive.

Attachments

·
2019ToyCamSeSchu
2019 Toyota Camry SE
2 Posts
Hi! My name is Simon Chuo and I just joined this Toyota Forum. I purchased a 2019 toyota camry se in galactic aqua mica brand new and hope to give owners feedback on my day-to-day experiences living with the new camry. It barely has 2000 miles on it and I enjoy driving it so far. It's not as sharp to drive as my 2013 honda accord, but I hope it doesn't have any oil burning or oil dilution issues that my accord has had for a while now.

·
19' XSE V6
2019 Camry XSE
6 Posts
I brought home a 19' XSE V6!
Back in Oct/Nov of 08, I traded in a 06' GTO for a 09 Camry LE. I miss that car, but it was the right choice for my family. The Camry has served me well over the past 10 years, and I am passing it on to my son, who will be getting his license next year.

My new Camry has me excited again! I got it tinted yesterday, and it looks great! I don't think I'm going to do much to it, but I am going to take care of it. I already have a set of Weathertech floor mats installed. Those are amazing, and are worth every penny. Not a shill, just excited!

Thanks for having me!

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
I brought home a 19' XSE V6!
Back in Oct/Nov of 08, I traded in a 06' GTO for a 09 Camry LE. I miss that car, but it was the right choice for my family. The Camry has served me well over the past 10 years, and I am passing it on to my son, who will be getting his license next year.

My new Camry has me excited again! I got it tinted yesterday, and it looks great! I don't think I'm going to do much to it, but I am going to take care of it. I already have a set of Weathertech floor mats installed. Those are amazing, and are worth every penny. Not a shill, just excited!

Thanks for having me!
Is that photo with or without the new Tint? Did the rear Window Tint come out near perfect with not clear spots/bubbles any where or like mine that has a few spots? The other 4 Windows on my Camry came out great.

Enjoy your new Camry!

·
19' XSE V6
2019 Camry XSE
6 Posts
Is that photo with or without the new Tint? Did the rear Window Tint come out near perfect with not clear spots/bubbles any where or like mine that has a few spots? The other 4 Windows on my Camry came out great.

Enjoy your new Camry!
Spots? I've seen some jobs where there are some spotting but it seems to be an artifact of the window, not the tint. Are you talking about those? Looks like colored haze... hard to describe. That could be from poor cleaning before film application.

The guy did a perfect job, as far as I can tell. I should be able to go clean the windows now, and see if there are any issues. Haven't seen anything wrong yet.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Spots? I've seen some jobs where there are some spotting but it seems to be an artifact of the window, not the tint. Are you talking about those? Looks like colored haze... hard to describe. That could be from poor cleaning before film application.

The guy did a perfect job, as far as I can tell. I should be able to go clean the windows now, and see if there are any issues. Haven't seen anything wrong yet.
Its clear small round circles like no tint showing on a couple of places and one place there is a small clear line could be from the squeegee scratching the Tint. I know the rear window has such an extreme angle that special tools would be needed to get the Tint all they to the back since there is no way a hand can fit back there. Eventually if these spots get bigger I will have to take it back and tell them to redo it. Its a Ceramic Tint 20% dark enough so spots like that show up fairly easy.

·
19' XSE V6
2019 Camry XSE
6 Posts
Its clear small round circles like no tint showing on a couple of places and one place there is a small clear line could be from the squeegee scratching the Tint. I know the rear window has such an extreme angle that special tools would be needed to get the Tint all they to the back since there is no way a hand can fit back there. Eventually if these spots get bigger I will have to take it back and tell them to redo it. Its a Ceramic Tint 20% dark enough so spots like that show up fairly easy.
That sounds like bubbles. Yeah, whoever did the job, did it poorly. I went to a guy that owns the business and has been doing it 20+ years and offers a lifetime warranty. If lines, or bubbles, appear he will redo it at no cost. I paid $200 for the job, and I consider the experience and warranty to be worth the cost.

·
Registered
246 Posts
This is the only part where the tint isn't making great contact... And no one can fix that. That's just how it works.
In that Photo, is your Window just very dirty or the Camera just makes it look that way. I see lots of small round circles like I have a few of but maybe that's just your Camera. I also see a very large area at the bottom that looks different compared to the rest, but again could just be your Camera making the Photo look like that.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts