Toyota Nation Forum banner
81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey everyone. Old member but new to this section. My girlfriend just picked up a used 2019 hatch XSE in blue flame. She has never been into modifying cars before but she has already been changing stuff and has ideas for mods in the future. In the past couple days, I have paint matched the brake calipers, debadged the hatch, blacked out the toyota emblem on the hatch with a blue pin stripe accent, and blacked out the fake exhaust tips. She has rain guards and black grill molding on the way and is looking for wheels and the oem spoiler in the future. View attachment 317723 View attachment 317724 View attachment 317725
The pinstriping looks nice! A subtle touch. Good job!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone, new to toyota. My last car was an acura TL type S 2008 and now proud owner of a corolla hatchback 2021 special edition.

Current mods or add on.
  • RSR superlow spring
  • Cusco strut bar
  • Carbon fiber shift knob
  • windows tint 50 front 20 rear
  • full front clear film protection Protex
  • Rear Tom's diffuser (not install yet)
Still waiting for carbon fiber steering wheel and Remark exhaust quad exit.

·
Registered
2021 Corolla Apex SE 6MT
116 Posts
Hello everyone, new to toyota. My last car was an acura TL type S 2008 and now proud owner of a corolla hatchback 2021 special edition.

Current mods or add on.
  • RSR superlow spring
  • Cusco strut bar
  • Carbon fiber shift knob
  • windows tint 50 front 20 rear
  • full front clear film protection Protex
  • Rear Tom's diffuser (not install yet)
Still waiting for carbon fiber steering wheel and Remark exhaust quad exit.

View attachment 329650
Looks good! Do you happen to know if the strut bar would fit the sedan?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

Got my first Toyota a 2021 Corolla Hatchback XSE 6MT and love it.

Some upgrades coming:

Front and Rear Mud Guards.
Side Door Protectors.
Rear Bumper Protector
Door Sill Protectors.
Front Lip Lower Bumper Spoiler.
Rear OEM Spoiler.
Rear Bumper Diffuser.
DC Sports Exhaust 2019-2020 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Was able to find one in stock. :')
Cousco Strut Bar.
Thinking of getting in the future Focal F20 Bronze Painted Wheels.
Installed a 12" Cerwing Vega powered sub. It goes inside the spare tire.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. Recently purchased 2021 Corolla Hatchback SE Supersonic Red, CVT. I wanted the XSE with the six speed (blue flame also) but that's what the dealer had available for purchase and they said the six speed would be hard to get. Replaced my 04 Scion XB Hot Lava, hence the forum name.

·
Registered
2016 Elantra GT 2.0 AT & 2011 Sonata SE 2.4
2 Posts
New member scoping out the scene hoping to land a used Corolla Hatchback 6MT, preferred XSE, but SE not bad. I'm a current Elantra GT owner, frustrated by the breakdown of the engine at 85K miles. I'm going to be able to trade up to a comparable better made hatchback. Tips and ideas and things to look out for are welcomed!

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Corolla Apex SE
9 Posts
Hi Y'all

Proud new owner here, just lurking around. Trying to decide what mods make sense for my 2021 Corolla Apex SE.

My previous car was a 2010 Mini Cooper S - Mayfair 50th Anniversary Edition, which was the absolute worst car I have ever owned. I dealt with so many problems on that car including: Having the engine replaced twice under warranty, multiple blow outs due to freeway potholes and run-flat tires having weaaaaak sidewalls, and in the end I had one final blow out which not only destroyed the tire but actually broke the rim in half, and caused damage to brake piston and rotor. Wound up finally saying screw this, replaced the rim and tire, took my entire savings and the car down to Longo Toyota and traded the piece o' crap in and threw down the money on my new pride & joy.

Unfortunately within a week of owning my new baby, I was traveling to a concert(the first one in nearly 2 years, due to pandemic) with my significant other and the freeway had come to a complete stop. Was stopped for at least 10 seconds, when some idiot slams into us and rear ends my brand new car. I immediately realized what happened and just could not believe how bad my luck was. I put the car in park, and opened my door and sort of just hung out the car and told the idiot to pull over. He did not react to my request, and I got back in my car and started to pull forward. As I watched this imbecile in my rear view making no attempt to switch lanes to pull over, I got over into the next lane and slowed down to a near stop(traffic was very heavy, so there was no danger in doing so). As he finally pulled up along side of me, I yelled for him to pull over, he looked over and was acting as if he was not the one who hit me, even though the front end of his car was damaged, and made a hand gesture as if it was someone behind him. My girlfriend immediately dialed 911, and he just decided to no longer acknowledge what was happening. We got off the freeway and waited for CHP to arrive. We filed a police report, and that was that.

Well I have finally gotten the car back from the body shop about 2 weeks later, and am once again loving it. Looking forward to spending some years with this thing, and cant wait to start making it my own!

Just gotta come up with a good name :)

·
Registered
'21 Corolla Apex SE - 6mt - 👽
2,003 Posts
Hi Y'all

Proud new owner here, just lurking around. Trying to decide what mods make sense for my 2021 Corolla Apex SE.

My previous car was a 2010 Mini Cooper S - Mayfair 50th Anniversary Edition, which was the absolute worst car I have ever owned. I dealt with so many problems on that car including: Having the engine replaced twice under warranty, multiple blow outs due to freeway potholes and run-flat tires having weaaaaak sidewalls, and in the end I had one final blow out which not only destroyed the tire but actually broke the rim in half, and caused damage to brake piston and rotor. Wound up finally saying screw this, replaced the rim and tire, took my entire savings and the car down to Longo Toyota and traded the piece o' crap in and threw down the money on my new pride & joy.

Unfortunately within a week of owning my new baby, I was traveling to a concert(the first one in nearly 2 years, due to pandemic) with my significant other and the freeway had come to a complete stop. Was stopped for at least 10 seconds, when some idiot slams into us and rear ends my brand new car. I immediately realized what happened and just could not believe how bad my luck was. I put the car in park, and opened my door and sort of just hung out the car and told the idiot to pull over. He did not react to my request, and I got back in my car and started to pull forward. As I watched this imbecile in my rear view making no attempt to switch lanes to pull over, I got over into the next lane and slowed down to a near stop(traffic was very heavy, so there was no danger in doing so). As he finally pulled up along side of me, I yelled for him to pull over, he looked over and was acting as if he was not the one who hit me, even though the front end of his car was damaged, and made a hand gesture as if it was someone behind him. My girlfriend immediately dialed 911, and he just decided to no longer acknowledge what was happening. We got off the freeway and waited for CHP to arrive. We filed a police report, and that was that.

Well I have finally gotten the car back from the body shop about 2 weeks later, and am once again loving it. Looking forward to spending some years with this thing, and cant wait to start making it my own!

Sorry you had to deal with this hope fully the bad luck ends here and glad you and sig other are OK.

Welcome fellow apex owner.

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Hatchback Nightshade
17 Posts
Hi Y'all

Holy crap!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all

Just picked up a used 2019 Hatchback SE CVT in Scarlet and this is my first Toyota. Very happy. This one only had just under 13k miles and is in impeccable condition.
I was driving a 2006 Chevy Silverado and will keep it for a while as I'll be moving and I'll need it for that.

I did a lot of research before this purchase and narrowed my choices down to either a Hyundai Elantra GT, Mazda 3 hatchback or this Toyota. I never had a chance to drive either of the other two but I don't care. This little Corolla has more than need.
I don't like everything about it but most things I do. The one thing I'm very disappointed about is that I'll never have navigation on that big touch screen on the dash. I tried downloading/installing the Entune app and when I went to register and input my VIN# it said "Your car is not compatible with this app. Please download the Toyota app". &^*#!!!
I really like using navigation while driving and have been using Google maps on my phone for a long time. It was my understanding that the Entune app was my ticket to navigation in this new Toyota of mine. Not to be I guess. Now I'm searching for an in car phone mount on Amazon which seems stupid when I have this big 8 inch touch screen display staring at me while I'm driving just begging to be used to find my way around this area I just moved to last October.
If Toyota offered an upgrade to the 'infotainment' center in this car that would enable certain apps that I don't have I'd probably pay for it even if it cost me an arm and a leg.

Other than that I really like the way this Toyota drives and handles. I could care less for the shift paddles but whatever. I don't notice them.
I just put my first tank of gas in yesterday and the little screen on the dash said I averaged 39.3 mph for that tank. That gets a definite nod of approval.

I just bought a couple of Lloyd carpet floor mats for the front and will post my critique about those when I get them. I also have 18" rims planned for the future. Just don't know when exactly or which ones.

Cheers
Car Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
21 Corolla Hybrid
16 Posts
Well I couldn't remember the password to my previous account so new account, new Corolla. Used to have a 7th gen, have had a couple other Corollas and most recently a Tundra. But now I am back in an E chassis. 21 Corolla LE Hybrid.

EDIT: Didn't realize my picture didn't upload on mobile.

·
Registered
2021 Corolla Apex SE 6MT
116 Posts
Well I couldn't remember the password to my previous account so new account, new Corolla. Used to have a 7th gen, have had a couple other Corollas and most recently a Tundra. But now I am back in an E chassis. 21 Corolla LE Hybrid.

EDIT: Didn't realize my picture didn't upload on mobile.
View attachment 341245
Eyyyy I saw this on reddit too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! Just picked this up yesterday in Orlando. I’d been driving a Challenger R/T with a Hurst 6-speed for years (logged in 180k miles and it was still strong), but as a full time musician, it was time for a hatchback to carry my gear a bit easier and use less gas. That and I have a kid on the way (I’m SO pumped!) but I wanted to still have FUN while driving, which is why I got a 6MT. Traded the Challenger in yesterday after a quick test drive. This car fit me like a glove, and is everything I needed. Going to be putting MILES on it so I won’t go crazy with the mods, but eventually would like it lowered, some wheels, and to be able to heart the exhaust just a bit, but I’m being honest, I’m in no rush for these mods, as I fell in love with the car as is! Let’s just say that it’s nice having a daily driver with a first gear that isn’t trying to launch you into outer space! Happy to be here and I’ll be checking out the forums for tips and tricks. Thanks for the add!

81 - 100 of 127 Posts