Toyota Nation Forum banner

*** Official New Member Introduction Sticky ***

20K views 52 replies 30 participants last post by  93celicaconv 
#1 ·
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

#5 ·
Hello... Dave Mitchell. Bought a 1991 Celica GT Convertible in red with automatic transmission for my boy. I am thinking I will start a restore and use it for my car. He doesn't seem interested in getting his license and driving.
It needs a new power steering pump, to start off... It is noisier than hell...

#7 ·
HI I am Colin H.I have just purchased a 1995 Celica mk6 convertable. it is my second celica the first was a mk6 hatch, I have also owned a Mk2 Supra.
This car has an issue, the engine light is on, but when I try to read the OBD1 code the code light just flashes all the time. Any Ideas what the issue is?

#8 ·
Hello, I am Rob and have recently been given back the 199 Celica GT Convertible my son and I bought for his college years. We have had it for 4 years and it is in great running condition. It has been maintained fairly well by my son, but a car guy he is not. Looking forward to restoring this wonderful vehicle back to her glory days and meeting those with equal interests. Thanks in advance for all your assistance, but I am old and sometimes forget to thank you when you help, Please don't take it personal, I treat everyone the same LOL

#16 ·
G'day,

I'm looking at getting a 4th-7th Gen Celica.

There's an auto 4th Gen for sale that I would want to convert to a 5S manual eventually. Otherwise, I would stick to a 6th or 7th Gen manual.

I'm after as much advice as I can get because I haven't modified Toyotas before.

Thanks

#17 ·
Hey everyone! I picked up a 1984 Celica GT-S from a friend who was moving out of state last year and just getting started on restoration plans. Looking forward to diving into all the info here and hopefully meeting some fellow enthusiasts. Anyone else in here working on a 3rd gen?

#25 ·
Our kids each had a 1990 & 1991 Celica ST while in high school and college. Then got a time capsule 1992 GT-S. But later acquisitions (restored a 93 Celica GT convertible, now has black & white leather interior with GT-S sport seats and a slightly custom paint job), then my son got a 1990 Celica All-Trac which together we restored over the years (generally when there were still many parts still available from Toyota) and he later got a 1990 Celica All-Trac survivor that pretty much needs nothing at all as it is also a time capsule). So the first 3 Celica's are now gone, the last 3 we still have. Lot's of fun!

#27 · (Edited)
Hello ToyotaNation,

My name is ZeK. I have a 2003 Matrix XRS with a 2ZZ and a 2003 Matrix Base with a 1ZZ. I rebuild Toyotas as a hobby and a side hustle. In my garage is a 1991 Toyota Tercel(Manual), 1997 Toyota Corolla with a rebuilt 4AFE and Stage 2 Clutchmasters clutch kit, a 2004 Scion Xb(1NZFE) with a Mcleod stage 2 racing clutch. I guess all I'm saying is I LOVE TOYOTA!

#28 · (Edited)
Posted this up in the general New Member Intro forum Introducing Myself and a 1992 GT-Four but thought it might be better appreciated here.

Hey everyone! I've finally achieved a long term goal of mine and acquired a 1992 ST185 GT-4 to replace (and upgrade by a damn sight!) a 1991 Celica ST that was the first car I bought, well, back in 1991! If I'd had the money, I would have bought an All-Trac then, but it was enough of a stretch just to get financing for the ST. I've decided to call it RORERI (the Japanese pronunciation of Lorelei, the siren of the Rhine):

IMG_0009.JPG

Really excited to have this, anxious to have the work done to stabilize it, to put in the time to learn it, and happy to share it with others.

IMG_0007.JPG

Yes, somehow this GT-Four has a turbo All-Trac badge. Because reasons I can't understand. : )