Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
34,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Whoa, dude, chill.
I'm just here because nobody else knows what a corona is. My lovely little beast's name is Dear Prudence. I am sure there's got to be someone out there that might know the local of a reasonably priced V6 and tranny that'll fit in a '69 corona sedan(4 door)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am in New Zealand and have acquired a 1995 2litre Corona with 340k on the clock and I know nothing about them. Mine had the clear coat bad on the Roof and Bonnet. It has a water leak somewhere that I will look for once I get my compressor connected to the radiator, apart from that everything seems to work except for the boot lid electrickery You have to use the key So the first thing will be getting a service manual for it

·
Registered
2 Posts
So now I have found that the water level; stays good if I dont put the cap tight and just enough to get to the first "click' so it is a pressure related problem I think for safety sake I might take it to the radiator shop and let them pressurise it
I have taken the clearcoat off the bonnet/roof /and the wing on the boot, In saying that the bonnet had none on it. Sanded it all with 400 grit. Blew 3 coats of base on and 3 coats of clearcoat, looks a lot better, done the whole painted area with 1200 then 1500 grit
Just received my set of foam polishing pads today in the mail, so all I need is some Mequiars ultimate polish to bring the shine back. I was surprised that the forest green colour was still available and they put their colour machine on the paint by the side indicator light and it was perfect no fade so that was good. So now the bumpers look like S...T, so bought some bumper paint in a rattler can to blow over the sanded bumpers
Got some sheepskin seat covers and a steering wheel cover at the same shop, so that Glamed up the inside for mum and she is happy. The steering wheel was a bit sticky and nasty so the cover hides a multitude

1 - 6 of 6 Posts