Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Echo 4dr
2 Posts
Greetings, Echo forum! I bought my 2001 Toyota Echo 4 door sedan new, and 18 years later and 197,114 miles later, she's still running well! I have a lead foot, so I get between 28 and 32 mpg (only got 40 mpg when I drove gently, the first year LOL). Have had maintenance done (oil changes, 2 timing belts, a headlight replacement, a tail light replacement, brakes, tires, etc.), and earlier this week, I replaced a bad driver side power lock actuator. Video:

...Other than that, it's all good!!!

Love our little Zippy!

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 Toyota Echo
1 Posts
Greetings. I just purchased a 2000 Toyota Echo with 194000 miles at a tow yard auction the other day. Plan was to teach my daughter how to drive stick and make it her car. Until that time I’m hoping to use it as a daily commuter to save fuel from driving my pickup.

So far it’s cleaning up well. Interior was filthy and had a bunch of old knotted pieces of plastic heroin wrappers, a couple smalls balls of heroin and some hypo caps (no hypos fortunately) courtesy of the former owner. This was after removing the front and rear seats to really get in and clean the car. But hey, if this car works out it’ll make for a fun story.

It needs a clutch as it is slipping quite a bit. Only needs about an inch of clutch pedal and flooring it in second gear gets the engine revving but no real increase in speed. Got a new clutch on order and just need to schedule the weekend to work on it.

I’ve sourced a replacement piece of window trim for the drivers door. Guessing the high-quality previous owner locked himself out and got a little aggressive with a coat hanger.

Otherwise the body is straight. Some rubbings visible on the front bumper but doesn’t appear to be anything structural, just marred plastic and a missing piece of trim from the piece of fender flare that wraps around to the front.

Couple codes about fuel evaporative system to sort out as well.

So I got my work cut out for me and should make an interesting project car for some father-daughter wrenching time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts