Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all, new to this forum. Have been a continuous Toyota owner since 1992. Currently have 06 Tacoma 4 cyl. & just bought a 07 Highlander v6 awd. Have always loved my Toyotas!!! May not be able to help with problems, have had almost none from my vehicles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
07 HL in Tucson

I won't pick up my Highlander 'til tomorrow, Monday, but I thought I'd intro myself.

I bought an 07, 207k miles, normal 3.3 engine and not awd. Pretty nice, the seller is the 1st owner and got in the habit of regular maintenance and his wife kept it really clean. Seats had covers on them since new. It's pretty nice, tho I will probably have Maico do a paint job, clear coat is peeling and ugly.:surprise:

I got it to haul my jetski and occasionally visiting family. I have a Prius, too, but purposefully elected to get as simple a truck as I could find. Mileage on Toyotas is a secondary concern, their quality is so good. Prius is going away this week.

I ordered the factory manual on CD this morning from Rock auto. Before someone says "copyright infringement" it is a licensed copy. Got it so I can load into my Ipad. (edited to remove prohibited material, sorry!):surprise:

The front brake rotors are badly warped, so I ordered a kit for that, the heavy duty one for tow vehicles. I'll be around and try to help as possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greetings from S.W. Minnesota

I am retired and my wife and I have owned 2 Hylanders and have been very satisfied.

I tend to be mechanically inclined and prefer to work outside. Usually have several fixit projects going all the time. Like doing maintenance on various cars and trucks in addition to driving.
Miss the old days when vehicles were easier to work on but do like the reliability factors now. My biggest irritation is finding that a mechanic or technician didn’t put something back together properly and I fortunately noticed it and corrected it before it caused a major problem.

Thanks for these forums so we can learn from others their experiences and possible suggestions or things not to do!

“ If it isn’t broke don’t try to fix it”

·
'06 Highlander 3.3
1 Posts
Hi all, I'm a serial Toyota owner ('74 & '76 Corollas), currently driving a 2006 Highlander 3.3 V6 bought used several years ago; it's closing in on 200K miles. I love this vehicle and am hoping to use it for as long as possible. Looking forward to learning a lot from you folks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your years and miles of HL ownership will be helpful to us new/old 1st gen. HL owners.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 Limited

Hey, just arrived here to look for ways to improve my Highlander. Looking forward to seeing what people know / have done to fix their vehicles up and improve some details.

I bought it at around 110k miles and I'm at 150k right now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just bought my first highlander! Long time toyota owner, I decided to trade sideways from my 05 corolla that was fully manual to this used 03 limited 2wd highlander. Mainly so I could drink my coffee while driving to work without having to shift gears. The Corolla will be missed after 12 years and 135k miles for its simplicity and minimal maintenance cost but I am enjoying the ride and comforts of leather seats and power windows in this 1st gen limited..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

My wife and I were gifted a 1st Gen 07 Highlander V6, very privileged!
This forum has saved me a trip to the mechanic as it showed me how to replace the two drive belts.

Excited to be part of this community!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning. I own a 2006 Highlander Hybrid with over 200k miles. I recently decided I would keep the HiHy, upgrade and fix it up rather than buying something newer.
I am currently having a lift kit and running boards installed. Next step is to put in a Katzkin interior and then have it completely repainted. It should be good to go for another 200k.
PS. I am driving a loaner from my mechanic. A Toyota FJ with over 360k miles on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i have 2 highlander’s A 05 and a 06 both with over 150,000 miles in here to just learn how to keep them running good for years to come me and my wife absolutely love the highlanders and sequoias

·
Registered
2 Posts
have found over the years that to keep my vehicle(s) running well, there exists a need for a GREAT mechanic. Great mechanics are like gold. We have found one and we treat him well, pass his name out to everyone and Ohhh did I mention treat him well. If you are ever in San Antonio, I'll give you his name.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I have a 2001 Highlander Limited (3.0L V-6) with almost 195K miles. Best vehicle I've ever owned and really hate the thought of replacing it. Does anyone know of companies that refurbish Toyotas (kind of like folks do with old CJ5/7 Jeeps)?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
Hugh Manatee
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing