Toyota Nation Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Thanks for adding me to Forum. I have a 1978 Toyota Hilux short bed pickup with the R20 engine. Was a California model but modified with a Euro built Weber carb etc. Has only about 74000 miles on it and I use it as a gofer rod. Water pump needs replacing and I'm having trouble ordering a new one due to a parts number break on the 78 model. Different pump for those built up to 02/78 and different for 03/78 and up. Vin is RN23094575. Toyota web decoders are for 1980 and beyond. Searched the net but not much help. Anyone have a VIN decoder for older Hilux pu's to help determine build date. May just have to look for a parts number on the old water pump. Thanks from Joe in East Texas
Finding a factory service manual for your year may be of help. They are chock full of valuable information, parts numbers, and info on repairing your rig. Looking up part number on old water pump should really be all you need to do to find replacement however.

Hi, I love my 2008 Urban Runner SR5 in White Pearl, loaded. 86k. I've had A/C issues in Florida so the Dash is all over Garage floor. Quite Depressing.
We've replaced just about everything, so While we are at it, We're replacing Heater Core hopefully tonight.

Had 2003 4Runner Ltd Gunmetal w/ Roof Rack & Tube Side Runners Yokohama Outlander tires w/white raised lettering. Sold 2 years ago, beautiful.
We own newer Camry (our 4th or 5th) & a 2014 White Pearl 4Runner as well.

Just finally found this forum. I think I have a few old parts from my youth, when I had a fairly new 1973 Toyota HiLux pickup with an 18 R-C engine. I'll search and post items which will hopefully find a good home with someone who can use them. Thanks

This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:
Hey-yo
My name is Janessa and I have been loving my 1986/7 pickup to DEATH for about 6 years now. It's a 22r with a manni tranni. I hope to be able to afford bigger tires one day.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Hello! I don't actually have a Toyota yet but if everything works out, I will soon!
I'm from AZ (south Phoenix area) and I'm not really much of a Toyota guy. I really like the 80's pickups though, and I'd love to have a first gen MR2 or a mk3 Supra. My current cars are a 96 (Chevrolet) Caprice, and a 91 Caprice wagon. Both are massive rwd V8 cars, the 96 has the 350cid (5.7L) LT1 and makes really good power and torque for days!

Back to the Toyota, its my uncle's truck and Its been in the family for a long time, he's getting rid of it so I'm taking it off his hands soon. So I've reading all the info I can since I'm so unfamiliar with Toyotas.

(sorry no pics) It's a 86 Toyota Pickup, regular cab, with 4wd and a 5spd. Also, my favorite thing about it, it's a Turbo! A genuine Turbo EFI!

It's currently got an issue where the injectors aren't getting a ground pulse, but that's not today's problem

This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Hi,
I've got an 87 turbo pickup, hopefully I can get info here

Hello! First time posting. I wanted to find a Toyota web board, as I just ordered a new Rav4 XLE. It is my second Toyota, my first one is this well loved, 73 Hilux. Rode hard and put away wet! Auto, long bed with the heavy duty bed package! I got it for 800 dollars! About all she has needed is a brake job and a battery in the last 5 years!

Love the low load floor and the tie downs!

Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Car

Hi! My grandson just acquired an '82 SR5 4WD, California model. It used to run, and I just got it started after about 10 years stored in a barn. Runs very rough, and it's probably a vacuum leak, BUT, there are miles of vacuum lines on this thing!! Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding California vacuum line diagrams for an '82.
Also, it's carbureted, but the sticker on the valve cover gasket says R22 E, which is supposed to be fuel injected. How can I identify the engine, other than this sticker?
Thanks in advance for any info...

Howdy y'all my dad bought me a 81 pickup 4x4 long bed about 2 years ago and I fell in love with these trucks not sure if its an sr5 or a dlx tho still trying to figure that out

21 - 36 of 36 Posts