Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
2008 Highlander Base
35,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,620 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

·
Registered
1993 Toyota Pickup
1 Posts
Hello from San Diego, CA. I own a 1993 Toyota Pickup 2WD Xtracab Deluxe with 240,000+ Miles. I became the owner of "TAQUITO" in 2013 when my father passed, he really did love the truck. Driving it all theses years I can see why, its just an amazing old truck. It's in need of some cosmetic repairs and could use fresh upholstery, other than that its my dependable every day driver.

My wife owns a 2010 Toyota Matrix.

I've searched trough these helpful posts looking for wisdom many times, mostly when I get stuck doing a repair that was beyond my ability lol.

·
Registered
91 Toyota Pickup 2WD
1 Posts
Hello from San Francisco, CA.

Hello from San Francisco.

I just bought a 1991 Toyota Pickup 2WD w/ 107,000 miles. It's in really good shape inside and out, which is rare here in SF. Most of the ones i've found are pretty beat up. I'll mainly use as a commuter for work and surf.

I'd like to thank everyone for your wisdom and insights on this forum. It made the buying experience easy for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Member "mas928"

Hello all, I have a 1994 base model pickup with 107000 original miles. I bought it two years ago with only 77K. No AC no power steering just a tight little truck. It does have one quirk though and I will be posting it shortly just as soon as I figure out where that blog is.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,620 Posts
Hello all, I have a 1994 base model pickup with 107000 original miles. I bought it two years ago with only 77K. No AC no power steering just a tight little truck. It does have one quirk though and I will be posting it shortly just as soon as I figure out where that blog is.

I've moved yer post to the correct forum. You should be able to post yer question in the main section. Good luck!

·
wetplates
1 Posts
Hey folks. New to the Toyota family...moving over from the Volvo family.

I will be picking up a pretty ordinary, but pretty special (to me) truck in a week or so. Its a 1990 regular cab long bed with the 4cyl and automatic. Its pretty ugly at the moment and full of random trash from a farmer...but it runs well with a jump and it only has 139K miles on it.

The truck is special because it was my grandpa's truck. His first new truck. I remember riding with him driving it home...he was so excited. We spent many a year dragging his little jon boat around fishing the local creeks all we could.

When he died, 13 years ago, the truck was sold and was used a putt-around truck for a retired farmer. I happened to see it in the edge of a field when driving by the other week and have finally convinced him to sell it to me.

It's gonna take some work, but it will be back on the road soon, as my daily driver. It will also be used to haul that same jon boat around to the local fishing holes with my kids.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,620 Posts

I'm sure you will be able to bring yer grandpa's truck back to a running level. Looking forward to yer progress! ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi folks, Jim here. I just picked up my first ever Toyota. I bought a 1992 Toyota Hilux 22RE, automatic, with a tick over 87K miles. Everything works on the truck, and it was owned by an older gentleman that no longer needed the truck. Since it's totally stock I'm going to leave it that way, and just get all the fluids up to date. It's an amazing little truck, and quite fun to drive.

I haven't got any pictures yet, but will post them up after I get the little thing cleaned up properly. It has sit in a garage for the better part of the last 5 years, so it's a bit dusty and dirty.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey folks. New to the Toyota family...moving over from the Volvo family.

I will be picking up a pretty ordinary, but pretty special (to me) truck in a week or so. Its a 1990 regular cab long bed with the 4cyl and automatic. Its pretty ugly at the moment and full of random trash from a farmer...but it runs well with a jump and it only has 139K miles on it.

The truck is special because it was my grandpa's truck. His first new truck. I remember riding with him driving it home...he was so excited. We spent many a year dragging his little jon boat around fishing the local creeks all we could.

When he died, 13 years ago, the truck was sold and was used a putt-around truck for a retired farmer. I happened to see it in the edge of a field when driving by the other week and have finally convinced him to sell it to me.

It's gonna take some work, but it will be back on the road soon, as my daily driver. It will also be used to haul that same jon boat around to the local fishing holes with my kids.
Chris, I understand what that truck means to you. That little truck keeps you connected to your Grandpa. I have my Dad's old '67 Chevrolet, so the meaning isn't lost on me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got my 1988 imported 4 door Toyota Hilux 2.4l straight 4 5speed with 202,000km or 126,000 miles, power steering, power side mirrors, original everything except it has a 4in rough country lift and was garage kept for the last 10 years with only 10,000 miles put on it 1 rust spot on the bed is all the damage. I’d like to know more about maybe a turbo kit for the diesel so it could have a little more power to get up step mountains and what not and maybe what the dimensions are to get a hitch installed or if a 88 regular pickup hitch will fit it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:
hello everyone !!

·
Registered
1989 Toyota Pickup
2 Posts
New guy here. I've been a long time Toyota nut and builder. I've recently started making rack and pinion swap kits for this gen of trucks. Currently working with Jeff to get a vendor status, but the kits should be available here pretty soon.

I have an 89 pickup with a Mustang II rack and pinion, currently being rebuild by Jim Putney.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello from Texas

I'm the 3rd owner of a 1990 Toyota Pickup 2wd manual. It now has 160,000 miles in it and has been through various ups and downs: repairs, mods, died on the freeway, faulty temp gauge, crank no start, starts then stops, and now it decides to start whenever it feels like. It's sitting in my driveway right now and it brings me joy if I could start it. The biggest mod I've done to it was that I added air bags to the rear. The biggest upgrade I did to it was that I added an A/C kit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts