Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
34,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

·
Registered
32 Posts
New Member with a New Vechile

Hello everyone. Just bought a 2019 RAV4, FWD, XLE, Canadian model. This is my 3rd Toyota. The previous Toyotas were: 1991 2.4L Camry, 4 speed auto, LE, and a 2009 2.5L Camry, 5 speed auto LE w/ sunroof etc. Neither had oil consumption problems or for that matter anything major.

The batteries went almost 10 years and the 2009 had the original, ~ 1/2 worn brakes @ 168,00 KM.. As a former auto mechanic, I serviced the vehicles myself using OE parts and Mobile1 synthetic oils. No rust - I kept the cars waxed w/ Nu finish and rust controlled w/Krown every other

year....I just wish Toyota had an engine block heater for the RAV4. It would be the same as the '18 and '19 2.5 Camry. It is scheduled for 1ST quarter '19 release... Other than that I find the drivers rubber floor mat, typically Toyota, in that it has non existent coverage in a critical area around

the accelerator pedal, derived from Toyotas paranoia regarding floor mats attributing to accelerator pedal operation. Hopefully a proper aftermarket version will become available. I look forward to sharing information all of you! Canadian John

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
Hello there John, and welcome to TN!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello. about 2 weeks ago I bought a 2019 black Rav LE. Went in looking for a used one, ended up with a new one. My last toyota was a 2000 tacoma, which i only had a few years.

Here to learn more about what others experience with their 5th gen ravs.

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
Hey there Apple, and welcome to TN!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello

Hello! I'm new to the Toyota family ('19 Rav4 XLE) and a recent convert from GM ('98 Grand Prix & "08 Impala). I am eager to learn more from everyone here and share what I learn as well.

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
Hi there Jack, and welcome to the TN forums!

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
Welcome, Iowa(?) Guy!

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 LXE White
2 Posts
I'll be picking up a 2019 RAV4 XLE this coming Tuesday. Here's a photo after my test ride. I'm trading a Tacoma for the RAV and hope that the new car suits me well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members tthemselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:
Picked up my 2019 Limited Hybrid Blizzard Pearl / Ivory (Canadian configuration) Sept. 5. Incredible vehicle.
Did more research on this vehicle than ever before. Love It!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I just bought a 2019 RAV4 LE Hybrid. It replaces a Camry hybrid. As much as I enjoyed the Camry, the somewhat higher seating of the RAV4 makes things easier for me. And, it gets the same mpg as my old Camry, though not as good as the 2019 Camry. But, mpg is a lot better than my neighbor's little FIAT . :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Member here to Toyota Nation and a first time Toyota owner. Just picked up my 2019 RAV4 TRIAL edition a few days ago and loving it! Hope to learn lots from everyone in this forum and looking forward in spending some time around here! I will be making a post in the introduction for new members section soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello! As of October 16th 2019, waiting to take delivery of a Ruby Flare Pearl Hybrid Limited. We love our Toyotas; we've owned a 1998 Camry and a 2004 and 2012 Highlander. This'll be or first NEW new vehicle, however. Any advice regarding taking delivery or owning the '19 Hybrid Limited Rav4 would be welcomed!

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 TRD OR
7 Posts
I bought my new 2020 RAV4 TRD Off Road Friday afternoon, then drove it 3 hours and a 190 miles back home. I've been a Toyota owner for years with 4Runners, Camry, FJ's and now the RAV4. I had a total hip replacement in September due to a bicycle wreck and found my FJ was too hard to get in and out of. Even with a healthy hip it was going to cause wear and tear on a new hip, so I started looking more seriously at the RAV4 but wanted the TRD model. It sits next to my 2017 Tacoma TRD OR Pro, so I do have something to compare it with. I am taking the RAV off road today north of Tombstone AZ to see how it handles. I will say in the first 200 miles I've been very impressed with the car and found it to drive quiet and smooth with the aggressive 225/60/R18 tires. The Metallic Gray is a favorite color of mine and I think the blacked out lettering sets it off.

Just an FYI and popularity of this model ... I bought mine at a very large Toyota dealership in Phoenix. They are only getting 6 of the TRD models in the next 12 months. This car reached the showroom floor Friday morning (25th), I bought it over the phone around 1pm. After the 'sold' sign was placed on the car and the time it took me to get to the lot (6pm), there were SEVEN people not wanting to test drive the car, THEY WANTED TO BUY THE CAR!!! So like myself, I think many people have done their research and are wanting to buy them as soon as they come on the lot.

I have added this forum to my bookmark toolbar next to my Taco and Mini Cooper forums.

I'm glad to be here and happy to announce I found my first solution to the Entune app right here on this forum.

IMG_3257.jpeg

·
Registered
54 Posts
New member, Roberto from Mazatlan, Mexico. This is my second Toyota in less than six months. Never owned one before, I got tired of fixing my Ford and Jeep decided to buy a Camry 2019, and got so happy with my bought and how many miles it gives for gallon that I bought a Rav4 ‘19 few months latter. Both in silver metallic, both are the jewels of our home now.
I have posted before, but is the first time I introduce myself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts