Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

·
Registered
27 Posts
New Member with a New Vechile

Hello everyone. Just bought a 2019 RAV4, FWD, XLE, Canadian model. This is my 3rd Toyota. The previous Toyotas were: 1991 2.4L Camry, 4 speed auto, LE, and a 2009 2.5L Camry, 5 speed auto LE w/ sunroof etc. Neither had oil consumption problems or for that matter anything major.

The batteries went almost 10 years and the 2009 had the original, ~ 1/2 worn brakes @ 168,00 KM.. As a former auto mechanic, I serviced the vehicles myself using OE parts and Mobile1 synthetic oils. No rust - I kept the cars waxed w/ Nu finish and rust controlled w/Krown every other

year....I just wish Toyota had an engine block heater for the RAV4. It would be the same as the '18 and '19 2.5 Camry. It is scheduled for 1ST quarter '19 release... Other than that I find the drivers rubber floor mat, typically Toyota, in that it has non existent coverage in a critical area around

the accelerator pedal, derived from Toyotas paranoia regarding floor mats attributing to accelerator pedal operation. Hopefully a proper aftermarket version will become available. I look forward to sharing information all of you! Canadian John

·
Super Moderator
12,595 Posts
Hello there John, and welcome to TN!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello. about 2 weeks ago I bought a 2019 black Rav LE. Went in looking for a used one, ended up with a new one. My last toyota was a 2000 tacoma, which i only had a few years.

Here to learn more about what others experience with their 5th gen ravs.

·
Super Moderator
12,595 Posts
Hey there Apple, and welcome to TN!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello

Hello! I'm new to the Toyota family ('19 Rav4 XLE) and a recent convert from GM ('98 Grand Prix & "08 Impala). I am eager to learn more from everyone here and share what I learn as well.

·
Super Moderator
12,595 Posts
Hi there Jack, and welcome to the TN forums!

·
Super Moderator
12,595 Posts
Welcome, Iowa(?) Guy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll be picking up a 2019 RAV4 XLE this coming Tuesday. Here's a photo after my test ride. I'm trading a Tacoma for the RAV and hope that the new car suits me well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members tthemselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:
Picked up my 2019 Limited Hybrid Blizzard Pearl / Ivory (Canadian configuration) Sept. 5. Incredible vehicle.
Did more research on this vehicle than ever before. Love It!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
Pinegrove Boy
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing