Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

·
total newbie but reads directions
2004 Sienna XLE
1 Posts
Salutations to all...

Been lurking for awhile and appreciate all the knowledge and insight shared!
Figured I'd better sign up and say thx.

I bought a used 2004 Sienna XLE with 243K miles. Previous owners took excellent care of it. I am so thankful.
Been driving it daily for a month with no issues.

Learned how to chg my oil and transmission fluid and the air filters.
I know this is VERY basic but I am very new and appreciate the help.

I am now a little sad driving my 2014 Mazda 6 GT... because the Bose sound system no longer sounds as good as it did since I'm now spoiled with the Sienna's JBL sound :)

Just a howdy from Alabama, and hello to all...

+ James

·
Administrator
14,513 Posts
Hi James, and welcome to TN!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Greetings.

My name is "AlasMyPrevia", because, well, alas, my AllTrac Previas.
I'm from the rust belt. It's time to move on for me. They're just too old for our needs now; we can't take the heartbreak of losing another Previa to rust.
My partner came to our relationship an Astro fan. Gotta love 'em. They're unique, in their way: crazy sub-frame, the only mid-size van, and available in an AWD configuration perfectly designed toward the end user that loves replacing transfer cases, And working on doors, seal leaks, inner door mechanisms, rehanging doors and hinges, rebuilding transmissions, etc. But that's a digression.
Her beloved Astros are too old, my Previas are too old, and after a few years of considering our next move, we're going to move her business from an Astro to a Sienna/trailer. So, it's research time.

I belong to an Astro forum, and was recently berated (justifiably) for not doing enough research into the particular rot patterns of Astros. I lurked that forum for a long time before saying anything, and learned I should have asked around first.
So here I am.

Thanks!

AlasMyPrevia
1986 Van
1991 AllTrac
1993 AllTrac
1995 AllTrac
Technician for another 1993 AllTrac

·
Administrator
14,513 Posts
Reactions: Boyo7

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

New to the forum here, still learning to navigate around the site. So bear with me if I step to the wrong place.

Used be a Chevy tech., but currently own 3 toyotas. 2000 Avalon, 2007 Sienna and 2018 RAV4, respectively. Living in the snow belt area, may be that's the reason my sienna giving me the most problem. I seriously think I bought a lemon. :(

Come to Forum cause needs help from all the experiences you guys have to pin point my problem: a persistent P0302 code on my Sienna. Will post it on the forum once I figure how to do it on the forum. :)

Thanks,

Chuck

·
Administrator
14,513 Posts
Hi Chuck, and welcome to the forums here! If you have any questions, feel free to send a PM (Private Message) to me or any of the moderators & admins here. You can do that by clicking on our name to the left of our post, and select “Send a private message to...”.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to Forum. After 12 years and 325K, my Sienna is to the point where I'm turning the wrench on it myself. Looking to this forum for help.

·
h20cleaner55
8 Posts
Been following the forum for several years. Owned a '81 Tercel, 89 Corolla Wagon. A couple Geo Prizms (Corolla) and we now have a 2008 Sienna and a 2009 Corolla. Need help for the Sienna now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good evening My name is Nelson and oddly purchased my second toyota on November 3. It is a 2007 sienna XLE with leather nav rear dvd backup cam and sensors and tons of other bells and whistles I still haven’t stumbled upon yet but nonetheless enjoying the van.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All!

I've been spending more and more time in the doghouse so to speak with my Astro and have gotten to the point where I don't trust taking it deep into the mountains anymore. I have a cot in the back of it, and am looking for a replacement that will be a bit more reliable. I've read the Siennas are pretty reliable. I'm looking for a gen 2 sienna, preferably AWD, but I'm starting to think I could get a FWD and use the money I save to get some better tires and a lift kit and be better off going down potholey forest roads than I would be with a stock AWD.

I am glad I found this forum, as the Astro forum saved me literally thousands of dollars in repairs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey y'all. Just bought a 2008 XLE AWD. Will be making it into a camper. 213k miles so will be starting with going over everything and replacing all the fluids and such. Checking for worn out suspension and steering components, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy y'all and welcome to my first post!

Bit of a Honda heretic here in need of this community's assistance. I got a chill Gen3 CR-V, myself, but looking to customize my ride with more storage in the back and a sweet Gen2 Sienna XLE removable center console up front. Could buy one real easy on Ebay but have no idea if it'll fit! So I've come to evidence the civility of my SUV cousin-folk right here. 🚙

I sure would like to obtain the width of the XLE center console docking base, and the height/length of the complete console. I need these 3 dimensions and yet have no idea where to find 'em! Understand that:

- Ebayers are generally unable/unwilling to measure these consoles

- Dimensions are nowhere to be seen in the Sienna parts diagrams I've been able to muster ('course, Toyota's got no good reason to include 'em).

- I can't seem to catch sight of a console at the junkyard

- Gen2 XLE's are not flowing onto dealership used lots for me to peek at

- Pandemic's been adding a whole lot of friction to my efforts!

Now, no ways am I expecting people here to go track down a tape measure and unhook their console to measure it (though I'd be mighty grateful hehe), but if anyone's able to simply steer me to where I could go sniff out the info, myself, I'd sure appreciate any leads to explore.

Now it might be that this Honda Outsider risks taking some flak here at ToyotaNation, but I got a hunch this here community is as friendly as it is gratified at the resolution of a good troubleshootin' caper, so if y'all got a suggestion, I'm all ears.👂👂👂 (Yes, 3 ears'-worth)

Thank y'all. Much obliged.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts