Toyota Nation Forum banner
61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
These cars have almost no road feel. But they ride smooth and can be driven with one finger. If you want performance handling you will have to do something about the power steering aggressiveness. I have considered adding a steering damper, but it requires custom work with non-factory parts. I have the 20mm rear sway bar and the solara strut brace, but it still does even not feel as controllable as my old Accord with all original equipment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good to know and thanks for the reply @schmidder2. I picked up the Solara strut brace yesterday for $20 but realize the front is not where the suspension needs help lol....but the engine bay will look better as I plow into the corners! :D The strut bar is a LOT more flimsy than I had expected.

Jody

·
VVT-1MZ + ES5spd
Toyota Corolla
2,017 Posts
Memories...

·
VVT-1MZ + ES5spd
Toyota Corolla
2,017 Posts
Did you let the beauty go or something Bdub215? Those are some nice set of wheels on the second pic.

Parted the car, traded it in for a SC300 5 speed. I sold some of the last bits I had to a member here a few weeks ago.

The wheels were XXR 522.

·
Avalon Fanatic
2002 Avalon XLS
46 Posts
Lost my 2000 XLS at the beginning of this year, its the black one. Currently have it for parts for my new 2002 silver XLS which I am warming up to.

Black one had 205,000 at time of accident with piston rings going bad. New one only has 95k and drives like a totally different car.

Boy I loved that black paint but I sure don't miss all the work it took to get it to look nice!

Attachments

·
Husband and Doggy Daddy
3 Posts
My mother in law passed down her garage kept 125,000 mile 2004 Avalon to my wife 2 years ago. Here are pictures in the middle of me detailing it. I'll go into how I'll improve it in a separate thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
My mother in law passed down her garage kept 125,000 mile 2004 Avalon to my wife 2 years ago. Here are pictures in the middle of me detailing it. I'll go into how I'll improve it in a separate thread.
So clean! Trade you mine anyday :grin:

Would definitely swap for the 16 inch rims!

61 - 80 of 109 Posts