Toyota Nation Forum banner

121 - 140 of 287 Posts

·
I am very hard to find
2011 Sienna LE
34 Posts
Thing 'o' beauty

Okay, that engine swap is marvelous. It looks like the Lexus V8 was made for that engine bay. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Lexus V8's aluminum block? I have heard that the overall weight of the 4.0 or 4.3 V8 is actually less than the iron block inline or V6 engines. Also, does that engine bolt up to a tacoma 5-speed or auto transmission or would you just use the Lexus auto?

·
Registered
2001 toyota tacoma
10 Posts
Okay, that engine swap is marvelous. It looks like the Lexus V8 was made for that engine bay. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Lexus V8's aluminum block? I have heard that the overall weight of the 4.0 or 4.3 V8 is actually less than the iron block inline or V6 engines. Also, does that engine bolt up to a tacoma 5-speed or auto transmission or would you just use the Lexus auto?

yup its a aluminum block. it doesnt bolt up to the stock tacoma 5 speed, but i bought a kit from Dellows Automotive in Austrailia the allows me to convert the stock lexus 4 speed auto. to my taco 5 speed standard W59 trans.

·
TejasYOTA
2001 TacoD-Cab4x4
8 Posts
TejasYOTA's Tacoma

I bought my 2001 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Limited new in 2000.
Only major option were the TRD, Limited and e-locker.
Most of my modifications can be found on the TTORA-Texas board or on my personal website.
[URL="http://www.Z3POWER.NET"]WWW.Z3POWER.NET [/URL]

I mainly used my truck to drive to trail heads to either hike, rock climb or mountain bike.
So most of my wheeling were on the original AT tires that came with the truck and on fire roads and crossing of small streams.

Most of my time, energy and Money went to my other ride, a 2000 BMW Z3 2.8L straight-6 Roadster.
As you can see I spent my weekends mainly racing her in three different states (NC, SC & VA).

After my move to San Antonio, I semi-retired from racing, due to the long drives and hellahot temps.
After a few years of not really doing much stuff, I decided to look into wheeling and I found YOU ALL!
Now a new hobby to sink my time, energy and Money okay most of my money, I still do a lot with my BMW Car club.

So far on my Tacoma, I have replaced on my rig...either by me or the help of my friends.

ARB Front Bumper
CBI Rear Bumper (tire, jerry can, Hi-Lift carrier).
CBI Heavy Duty Bolt-on Sliders
CBI Frame Reinforcement Plates
Donahoe Shocks/Springs Front and Rear
Timbren Bump Stops
Alcan Leafs
Toytec Shackles
Brown 1-inch Body Lift
Total Chaos UCAs
Viair On Board Air compressor & tank
Pinch Weld Mod
R.O.R.E. e-Locker Skid Plate
GoodRidge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - front & Rear
Off-Road Solution's High Angle CV Boots
JFab Custom Tool Box, Bed Bar, Bed Rail - from San Marcos, Tx.
Trail Gear's Creeper Breather for the Rear Diff.
LitePLATE's License Plate Light
Cobra 18 WX-STII CB
Wilson Silver Load Flex-4 Antenna
Alpine iPod Ready CD Player
Alpine 4-channel amp
Polk Separates - Front & Rear

Front View

Rear View:

If you are interested in seeing the installs and other information...use the following link to my Garage on TTORA.
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86645

See ya on the trails!

Oh to prove I actually wheel this....

·
Registered
4 Posts
1999 SR5 ExCab 4X4

Bought new and now at 199,000 miles. Revtek 3" lift spacers in front and Old Man Emu rear 2 3/4" HD springs in back w/factory overloads added to the spring packs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a quick pic of my new 03 stepside I'll get some better ones once it warms up!

This is my old car, I was a member of mx6.com for about 5 years hopefully my transition here will go smoothly!

-Alex

121 - 140 of 287 Posts