Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 180 of 285 Posts

·
01taco
4 Posts
Tacoma double cab; 3" suspension Lift; 3" body lift; Race rock front coil covers; 33" Cooper Discoverer LT Tires; Dual exhaust; Westin bull bar w/lights; recently powder coated the rims matte black as well as the front bull bar; easily kicks friends body lifted Jeep Wrangler on 33's butt in any condition. :)

VERY SWEET!!! wish mine looked that good! pics somewhere on this page (white taco) tell me what ya think =) its all stock =P)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put a new lift on and got rid of the spacers and it rides a lot better. Looks like it is level also.

·
Registered
42 Posts
heres my taco. 2003 trd sr5. i have had her for almost 6 years. i absolutley love it. 120,000 miles and goin strong. just painted the rims. looks way better imho. will do a small lift in the near future.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Heres Mine

1999 Tacoma Brand new 2.7 engine 6 inches lift and new 35"s Rancho shocks custom rollbar w/ 4 kc daylighters.Warranty company spent over 7000 on new engine with install,Truck has 124000 miles and motor has 8500 miles .I love her to death and will never part with her. She turns heads wherever I go.And she never lets me down when we go muddin

·
Registered
78 Posts
1999 Tacoma lifted on 35 s 1999 Tacoma Brand new 2.7 engine 6 inches lift and new 35"s Rancho shocks custom rollbar w/ 4 kc daylighters.Warranty company spent over 7000 on new engine with install,Truck has 124000 miles and motor has 8500 miles .I love her to death and will never part with her. She turns heads wherever I go.And she never lets me down when we go muddin

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wheels, Tires, Lift & Pics

So I finally think I got my truck dialed in the way I want it. Instead of posting pics every few weeks as I added things I figured I would just wait until I was all done and post it up as one big post. I apologize for all the pics and not much description of the installations but if anyone had questions about a certain aspect of what I did please ask or PM me and I'll be happy to talk to you in detail about it. So as it sits today here is what I have done:

K&N Cold air intake
Flowmaster (looking to get rid of this)
Trailer Hitch & wiring
Bilstein 5100's
Old Man Emu Coils
Wheelers Progressive 3 leaf AAL
ARB Bumper
Warn Winch
17" Pro Comp Wheels
265 70 17 BFG All Terrains
Timbren Suspension Systems Bumpstops
Camo Seat Covers...( so the deer can't see me!)

So here it is stock

Have to throw in a quick one of my old truck out of respect! The new taco's are nice but just not the same as the old ones which is why I sold it.

First thing was the campershell, tow hitch and wiring for trailer lights. Again if anyone wants more pics and details just ask and I'll be happy to share.

Next was Bilstein 5100's all around

Next was the ARB bumper and winch. If it weren't for the internet I would of been kinda lost. Great products but terrible install directions. Just a big bag of nuts and bolts and you get to figure it out! The stock coils did sag a bit with the weight and it rode a little rough prior to getting new coils

Help from my dad...for some reason I think he did most the work! I did excellent managing though!

Almost Done

Bumper and winch on and hooked up

Next was doing the AAL. Just jacked it up and slipped the new ones under

Next was the front coils. We did this late at night and were tired and might of had a beer or two....put one of them in upside down!! That was a real treat getting to take it all off again and flipping it over:headbang:

Here it is with the lift installed with stock wheels and tires.

Lastly was tires and wheels. I went through Americas tire as I have in the past and after 1000 miles and 3 balancings the tires still wouldn't balance so they gave me a 4 new tires and it solved the problem. Guess the first set just wouldn't balance...???

All done!!! Here's a few pics from the mountains, high desert, lake bottom, and snow

Thanks to my dad and brother for all the help and ice cold beer!... and putting up with the occaisonal curse word and wrench throwing

·
Registered
7 Posts
love my taco

here is what i started with.

half way through paint job. had to re primer cause old primer was on WAY too long (over a year).

self done paint. and window tint.

good landscape

love my taco!

·
Registered
29 Posts
These tricked trucks are so cool! Am I crazy for wanting to "roll my own" prerunner type truck out of a 2004, 5 lugger, Xtracab? The truck is paid for and soon I would like to make it my own, or am I throwing good money after bad? thanks!

161 - 180 of 285 Posts
About this Discussion
284 Replies
173 Participants
OwnerCS
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing