Toyota Nation Forum banner

101 - 120 of 399 Posts

·
Garrett
10 Posts
Before

After

1985 Toyota P/U
22RE (bored .040 over, torkr 261C cam, full length pacesetter header)
4 inch body lift, 3 inch suspension, 35x12.50R15 Pro Comp M/T, Mickey Thompson rims. 4.88 front and rear gears. Custom built bed. K&N Air Filter.

1983 Toyota P/U 4x4 parts for sale. Need some email me [email protected] with subject line: 1983 toyota truck

·
Registered
36 Posts
my toy's

here's som pics of this 85 22re i picked up, i put a 5" skyjacker softride lift, some doug thorly tri-y header's delta 40 muffler. this thing is in mint condition, everything works.

and here's a couple of the 79 cj5 i built from the ground up, everthing done in my garage, amc401 edlebrock heads, lift shackel reversal,stainless full cage, coustom alluminium dash art carr 727 t/f tranny, fiberglass everything.

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
Toy

I'm going to post these up here to stay kind of on topic. But I know there are a couple of you on here that would like to see my progress on the 85' 4Runner I purchased.

I gutted the interior, pressure washed it, degreased it, scuffed it up, and then laid a coat of POR-15 down. It's made a huge change in appearance and smell. This 4Runner spent the last year or so of its life in a barn in Michigan and was FULL of mice nests. Not to mention it smelled like someone used it as an outhouse.

Here she is before any cleaning:

What the interior looks like now:

I have to say even with a paint respirator on and a fan circulating air through the whole time, POR-15 screwed me up big time. Felt like I was talking to Charlie Brown's mom. :lol:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey sc00tert00ter,
I love your interior refurb. job on pg1 of this thread.
I really want to do a similar upgrade in my 87. How did you get such a clean look? What products did you use? I assume you had to remove every part of the dash - any pointers; hidden screws?
Again, great-looking job and an inspiring pic.

Thanks in advance for any tips,
Tom

·
Registered
126 Posts
thanks for the compliment. the most recent pics i have are on page 5, since then all the lights have been smoked and i got the windows tinted at 25%
as for tips on the interior, sand it down just a tad, and do at least three coats. The disassembly is fairly easy except for three screws up top where the dash meets the windshield. If your not careful with reassembly, its possible you might scratch the paint since everything in there is a tight fit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the reply sc00tert00ter,

I'm afraid I'm a novice when it comes to this kind of thing; so could you specify exactly what you sprayed on the dash parts?
Also, could you give me an estimate of how long it took to disassemble?

Was thinking of using Permatech (local bed liner outfit) for the floor, up behind the pedals, maybe even below the rear window in addition to this dash refurb. (although I think I'll use a darker colour than you did).

My friend somehow got the bed liner guys to do this in her bronco; it looked good, seemed to reduce road noise and was very easy to clean. Same ol' Pre-88 Toyota story isn't it: great engine; deteriorating body!

Thanks again, appreciate your time and input,

Tom

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know I know....wrong year....:cool:

but here's my newest toy....Its an 82 Toyota 4x4 complete with dual transfer cases, lockers, buggy spring setup in rear, and much more and still street legal. :thumbup: Cant wait to take it out this summer.

·
Registered
317 Posts
what i used in my toy was plastic and vinyl paint that i snagged from autozone or advanced autoparts, theyre the same to me... but anyways its $4 for a can and i used about 2 cans worth, only thing i would take note of is that this winter we hit sub zero temps here in nebraska and i think the paint is what cause my dash to crack, i also used a clear coat on it though so maybe thats what did it... and as far as bed liners go, i used herculiner which i couldnt be more satisfied with! and as far as disassembly, it took very little time, theres 2 screws for the right side speaker, 3 on the radio and about 6 by the steering wheel, 4 under the wheel (which are a pain) one on the driver side and one on the passenger side and the two HARDEST are the ones that hold the big dashboard on the passenger side in, theyre bolts more or less likely and a REAL PAIN to get out (and even worse back in) long story short it took about 2 hours taking it out

·
Registered
126 Posts
i actually carpeted my floor. i got the carpet from a specialty site. i believe i just found a toyota resale parts online store and sorted through the directory until i got to my car. from there, the carpet was available in multiple colors. As for the timespan, i did it all in about 45 minutes, then i had to paint which took the majority of my time. i painted with krylon utlra flat khaki, it can be picked up at most hardwear stores. Again its your prefernce not mine. I know the process pretty well, ive done it three times. first time was done improperly, didnt sand, 1 coat. second time was to fix the mistakes of the first attempt and third time to change from the hideous color i picked first wolf grey

101 - 120 of 399 Posts
About this Discussion
398 Replies
199 Participants
oldroller
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing