Toyota Nation Forum banner

121 - 140 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks to sc00tert00ter and pyrojoe22.

I don't know my paints or my dash very well at all, so I really appreciate the assistance.

Jeepers sc00tert00ter, you've taken your dash completely out three times; you must be able to do it blindfolded! Wanna do mine for me?!!

Anyway, I think I'll skip the clearcoat (it's not necessary right?), pick a nice-looking colour of the correct paint to match my fading blue interior and go for it! At least 3 coats eh?

I'm assuming that this 'Krylon' you used, sc00tert00ter, is a type of paint and not a brand name. Some kind of semi-plastic formula, right?

I'd like to see some pics of your dash job too pyrojoe22, got any already posted somewhere?

Many many thanks again,
Tom
BTW: The 'Wolf Grey' looks good in the pic! I bet it got dirty quickly though eh?

·
Registered
126 Posts
actually krylon is a brand of spray paint, and the picture shown is of my truck after its 2nd paint job so it does in fact have ultra flat khaki not wolf gray. I hope your painting goes smoothly and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So that's just regular old spray paint then - not some semi-vinyl type eh?
OK, time to go paint shopping.

Thanks again.
I appreciate you taking the time to help me,

Tom

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
I know I know....wrong year....:cool:

but here's my newest toy....Its an 82 Toyota 4x4 complete with dual transfer cases, lockers, buggy spring setup in rear, and much more and still street legal. :thumbup: Cant wait to take it out this summer.
SWEET! Someone else on here that has brains! I'm actually getting rid of the 85 4Runner I just bought in return for this:

1985 Toyota Pickup
22R (non-FI)
Dual Stock cases with Marlin Adapter
BudBuilt Skid/Crossmember
4" Marlin Rear Springs
4" Hybrid Stock Rear/Marlin Springs
5.29s f/r with Rear Spool
35" BFG MTs
Trail Gear steering
Square Tube front DS

Hopefully picking this up on Saturday. It's registered/inspected and insured. Hopefully the Delaware inspection laws aren't that much different than Pennsylvania's as I may be getting rig of my Tacoma and using this as a DD until I have enough money saved up for a nice fat down payment on a new Tundra. :D

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
my truck

Well I picked up yet another truck this weekend! But I sold my 4Runner.

Here it is next to my buddy Jordan's Truck:

And here it is somewhat flexed out:

85 Pickup
22R
Dual Cases w/Budbuilt TCase XMember
5.29s w/Spool in the rear
35" BFG MTs
Custom Tube Bumper in the rear

I'm still learning to drive stick, but wow the TTORA members from PA were right when they said it would be like driving an automatic with the dual cases installed. Actually, it drives better than an automatic in double low when crawling over stuff. My buddy was busting my ass asking me how was I going to go wheeling when I can't even pull out going up a hill yet. That's when I threw it into double low and actually got out of the truck and let it climb up the mound of dirt in the second picture all by itself with him freaking out in the passenger seat. Only after I did this I realized that I never locked the hubs in, so it actually climbed up it in 2WD.

I can't wait to go wheeling! :D

·
Registered
131 Posts

85 Pickup
22R
35" BFG MTs

I'm still learning to drive stick, but wow the TTORA members from PA were right when they said it would be like driving an automatic with the dual cases installed. Actually, it drives better than an automatic in double low when crawling over stuff. My buddy was busting my ass asking me how was I going to go wheeling when I can't even pull out going up a hill yet. That's when I threw it into double low and actually got out of the truck and let it climb up the mound of dirt in the second picture all by itself with him freaking out in the passenger seat. Only after I did this I realized that I never locked the hubs in, so it actually climbed up it in 2WD.

haha, too funny Rodge. I did the same thing in double low, let out the clutch and jumped out. I think I even saw a snail pass the truck...:cool:

Im sure you are going to enjoy the truck. I plan on going wheelin this week with mine. I will try to remember to take some pics.

·
Registered
Tacoma PreRunner V6
1,601 Posts

85 Pickup
22R
35" BFG MTs

If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for that beast?

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
Such a glorious day today.

She's now fully tagged and insured.

:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
just picked this baby up for 1900 bucks...

have owned two other toyota pickups and both served me very well, then i ventured into the DSM world and boy am i glad to be back! she has 302k miles on her but only 200k on the block and 20k on the head. i just tuned her up, threw some tint on, put some infinity kappa speakers in it and i love her to death... oh and her name is sally

and its nice to have a car that gets 25+ mpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 83 SR5, 20R, Weber 32/36, Thorley header, Cherry bomb turbo muffler, 35" BFG Krawlers, 4:10's and single case(yeah it sucks), Trail gear High steer, about 4" lift springs, Flatdeck. Built the truck from the ground up, I bought someone else's project that was completely apart and had been sitting for years. Shortened the wheelbase to stock short box length, Home made cross members, steering box mount, chopped fenders, few other things, replaced alot of old worn parts, Lots done, lots left to do.. its been my daily driver for awhile. Only have about 2 grand into it including the price of the truck and all the parts it came with($500).

If you want to see my build thread from another board il post a link.

·
bilt not bot
399 Posts
never posted here so here goes:)

80 4x4 longbed SR5
unknown milage
3rd eng in 3yrs
3 point bonus on the doug thorley tri-y

got it for a song ($700)

then i put 32's on it

wheeled the F'n piss out of it on private land for 2 years with lil to no care for it

did some minor upgrades and rebuilds
new eng
weber 32/36
new clutch
few new oil seals an u joints on the drive train
quick release doors
home built hybrid stock front bumper... +3 beer upgrade

then i let a friend drive it....:sosad:

please watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KYT7tGgpkA

then this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETPt9KJzX7g

you wont believe how this one ends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHPPIfqTp10

this pic is 4 days after the pic above:ugh3:

once again wheeled it with lil to no abandon...

to prove my point

then i did a cab swap, had a lil fitment issues

lil fun with the rattle can and shes sexy on 33's

flopped it again, this time i was in it. off camber kinda freaks me out now

new craigs list body that shrunk in the wash (short bed on a long bed chassis)
freshened up 83 22r out of a celica
offy dual port intake
92 coil (equivalent in output to msd)
bald $50 33's @ 18psi or less
saturn 100amp alt

then i installed a copious amount of undercarriage lights

just recently i put a new bed on and broke it in

now ive rattle caned the bed to kinda match the cab and upgraded the grounds to 4ga 6point. also installed 1 engery suspension bushing due to torquey motor killing 4 driverside mounts.

plan to bob the bed and throw a bunch of steel at the outside, but its currently employed in a dd position.

oh yea i also have a 75 hilux SR5 5-speed

for sale...mostly

·
Gotta love these trucks!
2006 Sequoia SR5
71 Posts
My little Yota...

1988 22RE 4x4 5spd
This thing is pretty much bone stock aside from the rollbar and brush guard. The rollbar was custom fabbed by a buddy of mine. It has 312,000 miles on the body, and about 200,000+ on the engine. No leaks or drips. That's pretty much it. Nothing spectacular, but it definitely gets the job done.

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
trail carnage

I broke my truck over the weekend :sosad:

Went from this spot:

And somehow ended up like this:

I got a spare shaft from someone that same night and wheeled the whole next day. But highway speeds proved to be VERY annoying. The shaft I got was definitely fixed on the trail and isn't straight at all.

Back to driving the 06 around until I get one that doesn't shake as bad.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is my baby. I have been keeping her up well since she was passed down from my grandpa 5yrs ago. I picked her out brand new in 83 and grew up farming with it and my grandpa.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This one is My Favorite it is in 85 of me and my Grandpa.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice truck ydopen!

Lots of sentimental value! :thumbsup:
Thanks B.Y.E. Yeah i'll never get rid of it. When money and time gets rite I'll be 1. putn new bed sides on it. 2. all body work and repaint. 3. Fixing oil leaks LOL:lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought this '85 last week, real nice condition. Converted the A/C from Freon to R32(or whatever the new stuff is). registered it yesterday. first vehicle and I love it. :D
Going down to the local dealership tomorrow to get a new horn contact hopefully.

121 - 140 of 400 Posts