Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Corona is gone.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to gather any information or knowledge available on the interchangeability of parts among Corona models and other Toyota models (e.g., engines, transmissions). If you know something or have heard of something worth investigating, please post here. Thanks.

·
Corona is gone.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have anymore technical information you can provide with the photos?

·
Registered
206 Posts
nice pics 73gtv. brings back memories of my 1st ride. would you happen to have interior shots of the hardtop as well?

79corona, practically any R-series engine can fit under the hood of your 79. also the T-series engines will fit, you just need to replace front crossmember to that of the T-series variant.

·
73GTV
115 Posts
Sorry about not having the interior Pictures, Its a small challenge to have come across these pictures. I actually forgot that I had these pictures. I was actually looking for pictures of my Stateside Corolla when I came across these negatives.

Which engine are you trying to install so that we can check and produce the material requested. Do you at least have your original car manual so that you have measurements?

·
Corona is gone.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I guess I was think more of find stock parts that will work in a given car. But we could start another thread about mods that will work, like the ones you mentioned.

·
73GTV
115 Posts
Ok, I promised that I would only submit info that may help. Here are the different engines that went into this chassis. Note the 19R is the 20 R in the USA.

·
Corona is gone.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I'm not trying to be constraining, but if you would start a thread on performance mods, that would be a better place for the V8, V6, and other discussions. I think people would benefit more from separating these discussions because some people are very interested in highly modifying their cars.

·
73GTV
115 Posts
I thought that this would help due to the request for more technical material. This was the best that I could do on short notice. I'm only locked into the 1967-1983 year groups due to not paying much attention to many cars produced after those years. The days they stopped making the small sports coupe and started producing larger family cars. Thats when I stopped paying attention. Sorry. Performance mods would be sweet.

·
Corona is gone.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys, I moved your posts that seemed related to mods to the mods thread. Thanks for your support.

·
bilt not bot
399 Posts
me a couple days ago said:
the same basic eng bay/drive train is present in:

us years
72-95 pickup (hilux) 2wd
72-85 celica rwd
72-8X corona
lots of little parts like relays, brake master's, speedo cables are interchangeable.
also most of the lil parts from older cars are interchangeable. so if your at a yard and not looking for body or trim look at all the yota's.

alot of times bigger parts stores wont stock parts for corona's but they do for a celica or truck. same thing just a different part#

·
Corona is gone.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
shonuff, if you know specific parts that are interchangeable that would be even more helpful. Thanks. I wish there was a way to setup a database of specific parts info here, so everyone could reference it. Even having Toyota part numbers would be a cool thing to have.

·
bilt not bot
399 Posts
i know a fair amount but it really boils down to what i posted and i really only know what fits on my cars not yours. honestly i dont have the time to make a comprehensive list, and due to lil differences i dont want to be the guy that said it would fit and it doesnt cuz you have a half year car or something. if your going to try to use something from another car its on your shoulders to make sure it will work. EVERYTHING read on the net should be verifyed by @ least 2 sources or its hearsay.

rule of thumb is if its from the same era as yours its the same, or close enuff to work.

·
Registered
206 Posts
between the 78 and 79 coronas, there isn't much in terms of parts that can be interchanged. between those 2 years, toyota made a model change not a cosmetic change. chassis, suspension, body design are different between the 2 year models. just about the only part that i can really think of that can be shared by the 2 year models is the R-series engines.

and oh, since the wheels on both models have the same pcd, you could interchange those as well. other than that, i'll have to make some more research (ie. ask my friendly toyota parts shop owner :D ).

·
73GTV
115 Posts
Bryan, Thanks for starting the Modification Thread. I just posted all of the information that I had because all Items posted where stock items within Japan which is where I owned this vehicle pictured. That is also why I posted the engine listing for that particular vehicle. It was my way of sharing my love for that vehicle which i no longer own. Thanks for sharing your thread and the interchange. Thats all that I can add and I will allow you the respect by me not adding anymore information that would distract from your search for interchangable Parts,

Thanks
73GTV

·
Corona is gone.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks 73GTV, but are you leaving us?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
11 Participants
thesnake
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing