Toyota Nation Forum banner

181 - 200 of 264 Posts

·
Senior TN Member
177 Posts
Which ones did you get? They have several ones. The prices are pretty good. They may end up on my christmas wish list. :grin:
@rdpanes : Ah, I stand corrected. I just saw the 3 pics of your red HL with the black, side step bars. Looks pretty sharp against that red hot red. I saw the fiber carbon as well. Couldn't see much of that detail in the ads pic.

is yours a '14 or '15 model HL? And may I ask where you got the black step bars? And did it require any drilling or just bolt right on to the frame underneath?

It's a '15 HL. I got the Aries 3' round step bars in black from AutoAnything. This is a no drill but a direct bolt on installation, like the way I wanted it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Swapped in some LED's for the license plate lights, took off the dealer plate frames, got the weather tech mats in and swapped in some yellow high beams/ DRL's.

Very boring stuff, this is our first new vehicle and my "what did you do today" list used to be much more involved with our old 04' XC90 with 150k on it.... I really shouldn't be complaining.

·
Old HT User
15 HL
936 Posts
I finally broke down and got the weathertech liners as well. Going to install these over the weekend. Went with the "recommended" grey so the salt doesn't show as much. Winter is coming...
Going to dip the stock wheels this weekend too ... that should be fun. After having black wheels for the summer, I cannot go back to the stock alloy.. just doesn't look right.

·
Old HT User
15 HL
936 Posts
Please pardon the filthy car - the weather hasn't been wash friendly at all. :/
The dip on the wheels came out quite good though. This will work for those snowy months.
I must say, there is pretty much no different between 18" and 20" ride comfort (20s have parada spec x on them). And spec x are quieter. I have a feeling I'm going to miss them.

I am glad I followed someone's suggestion on the forum and bought grey weather mats (vs black). These match the interior color quite well and definitely not going to show all the salt as much. Great fit.

Attachments

Reactions: Phil Indeblanc

·
Registered
69 Posts
Installed Blackvue DR650GW 2 channel dash cam. Bought it from blackboxmycar.com and it came with Power magic pro and install tool. Installation was easier that I expected.

·
Race Car Driver
14 HL LTD Platinum
50 Posts
Programmed a new smart key, tinted the front windows, and installed interior LED bulbs. Just need to sort out the issues with my 128GB flash drive for music storage and I'll call it a productive weekend.

·
Registered
014 HL Ltd Hybrid
58 Posts
I swapped out the Toyo's and installed the new Michelin Premier LTX which comes as a 255/55/19 VR. With the stiffer sidewall the car feels like an entirely different vehicle. The Toyos were 1/3 worn with 12,000 miles. I am glad I did not wait any longer.

·
Race Car Driver
14 HL LTD Platinum
50 Posts
Tinted the front windows, moonroof and had new car prep as well as CQUartz Finest applied. Blizzard Pearl looks amazing with the tint and CQuartz applied.
What % tint on the sunroof? I'd love to get some heat rejection up there, but have always been spooked by stories of exploding t-tops and sun roofs.

·
Old HT User
15 HL
936 Posts
The sunroof is already tinted - why would you want to make it darker? The whole point of it is to let the light through and be able to see outside clearly. If you don't want to see out - just close the shade..?

Reactions: Pr William

·
Old HT User
15 HL
936 Posts
It's usually pretty tough to remove center caps while the wheels are still on the car..
If they are off the car, just take the rubber end of the screw driver and pop these bad boys out. They are in there pretty snug, but shouldn't require too much force.
Although blue center caps or a non-blue car is somewhat tasteless .. but it's not my car so whatevs. >:D

·
Race Car Driver
14 HL LTD Platinum
50 Posts
The sunroof is already tinted - why would you want to make it darker? The whole point of it is to let the light through and be able to see outside clearly. If you don't want to see out - just close the shade..?
I didn't say anything about making it darker. Heat rejection, which factory treated windows offer little of, is my primary concern. Even clear aftermarket film does more for heat and UV fade resistance than the baked on factory finish.

·
Old HT User
15 HL
936 Posts
Fair enough. :)
Since I always park in a covered garage (work and home) I never really thought about putting non-tinting film on the windows as the heat is not much of an issue.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How do you remove them???....pry them out with a sharp screwdriver?
Yes. Used a jeweller's screwdriver and carefully wedged it in between the center cap and the aluminum emblem to separate the double stick tape.

It's usually pretty tough to remove center caps while the wheels are still on the car..
If they are off the car, just take the rubber end of the screw driver and pop these bad boys out. They are in there pretty snug, but shouldn't require too much force.
Although blue center caps or a non-blue car is somewhat tasteless .. but it's not my car so whatevs. >:D
I think he was asking how to remove the emblems from the center cap. Blue plastic is just protection from the factory and peel off easily by end user. It is brush aluminum underneath.:grin:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Took delivery, two weeks ago, of a 2015 HL LTD.
- Removed 2 black roof rail cross bars - will reinstall them if/when I need them.
- Removed Toyota rear bumper appliqué - peeled right off, and installed Toyota OEM rear bumper protector.
- Replaced front row carpet floor mats with black WeatherTech digitalfit floor liners.
- Replaced cargo carpet mat with tan behind 2nd row seating WeatherTech digitalfit cargo liner.
- Removed and stored third row seat floor mat.
- Removed all seat belt and air bag warning stickers from windshield visors.
- Installed Toyota OEM color matching body side moldings.
- DID NOT connect iPhone via Bluetooth (it appears to me that the one constant in folks having reset issues is - Bluetooth connectivity - we shall see)
- Connected via black 8" USB Cable - 160GB iPod Classic
- Do not plan on using Entune
- Do not plan on using Navigation (I have a very capable Garmin with Lifetime Maps and Traffic from the vehicle I traded in - "Don't fix it, if it ain't broke")

·
Registered
15 Posts
- Used a 1500 watt hair dryer for light heat.
- Used Mineral Spirits to scrub remaining glue off.

No residue - Looks great! I hate those things.

*Remember* Vehicle was built end of September, so they were probably a lot easier to remove than on an older vehicle.

181 - 200 of 264 Posts