Toyota Nation Forum banner

201 - 220 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Installed MouseBlocker rodent deterrents in the HL and wife's ES after shop found some chewed up ignition wires in hers. She parks in a parking garage in Boston every week day; I'm guessing that's where it's happening, but threw one in each car just to be safe.
And took off the 22s, stocks are back on for the winter.

·
Race Car Driver
14 HL LTD Platinum
50 Posts
Replaced a trim piece below the storage shelf, installed a CRUX navigation bypass harness, and detailed the interior. Finally got the HL parked inside the garage for the first time since we picked it up. Tight squeeze with the limited turning radius in our alley. Hung a parking tennis ball and slid my Z as close to the wall as I could to help the wife out as well. I bought a laser assist, but it doesn't appear to be compatible with our garage door opener.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Bought a Sterilite plastic box at Wal-Mart today to hold stuff in the back of the car. It's the 50 gallon one and fits nicely across the back being 39" long, 21" wide and 12" high. Black. $20.

Also ordered a set of bungee cords with carabiner ends from Amazon to secure it from sliding around. (We keep the seats down.)

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Installed the Weathertech cargo liner. Like its custom fit, light weight, raised edges, slightly rough surface, and that it can indeed remain installed and bent up when raising the 3rd row seats. As to what that would do to it if left that way for a long time remains a mystery. Paid $111 shipped via Amazon, AutoPartsWAY.

Attachments

·
Registered
'15 HL XLE
158 Posts
-tinted back 5 windows to 20%
-installed maxspider mats for 1st and 2nd row
-installed OEM cargo mat
-changed interior lights to LED minus the vanity lights (on order)and trunk(trying to find the right size)
-installed Optilux yellow bulbs in the DRL/Hi
-installed USB led strip for dash

upcoming;
- LED for LO
- Optilux yellow bulbs for fogs

·
Race Car Driver
14 HL LTD Platinum
50 Posts
-tinted back 5 windows to 20%
Are your front two windows tinted at 20% as well? I'm curious to what degree the factory tint in back makes an aftermarket film darker than it would be on clear glass.

·
Registered
'15 HL XLE
158 Posts
Are your front two windows tinted at 20% as well? I'm curious to what degree the factory tint in back makes an aftermarket film darker than it would be on clear glass.

In Canada where I am in BC, Its illegal to tint windshield, passenger and driver windows so we can only do the back 5. I got llumar ATC 20% on top of the factory tint. It will take some time to get use to for night driving as its pretty dark looking out and very difficult in rainy dark weather

·
Registered
32 Posts
Aries nerf bars installed

Installed the Aries 3" nerf bars today. I like it alot but installation sucked. Well, installation was easy once you understood how it mounted to the body but the instructions sucked balls. I also had to modify those plastic splash guards/panels under the car to mount them. Over all I'm pleased with them but the passenger bar will need to be replaced. During shipping, it put a big dent on the top of the bar. If it was on the bottom, I wouldn't care so much but its so noticeable on the top of the bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Checked the spare, added air, and turned it over so I could check the pressure without lowering it next time.

·
Old HT User
15 HL
936 Posts
In Canada where I am in BC, Its illegal to tint windshield, passenger and driver windows so we can only do the back 5. I got llumar ATC 20% on top of the factory tint. It will take some time to get use to for night driving as its pretty dark looking out and very difficult in rainy dark weather
I believe the other person is asking about the front passenger and driver windows. ;)

The factory tint is 20-25% on the 2nd / 3rd rows and back window.

So you essentially went 20% of 20% - 4% or so. That's darker than what normal limo tint is. Not sure why you'd need that.

·
Registered
'15 HL XLE
158 Posts
the owner did his Sienna and Highlander with the same tint so I was able to see first hand what it looked like as he has it at his shop.. I didnt want ppl seeing whats in my trunk . It will just take some time to get use to. I could have gotten 35% added on instead of 20% but it was stil visible inside to the outside eye

·
Limited
1,928 Posts
Changed oil and filter myself for first time since 24 month free maintenance expired. Used Mobil 1 synthetic and OEM filter. Also replaced the cabin air filter and rotated the tires.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Steering wheel cover installed over the OEM, red stitching matches the 19 SE interior. Took me about 3 hours to install tho, final product look better with it tucked in, my wife didn’t even notice :unsure:. Maybe the car is still too new to her.
3B6B29CD-ABA7-4E46-9E84-70C7CC746EF1.jpeg

·
Registered
182 Posts
I see a lot of this type of threads in car forums. Just post what you did to your Highlander today. It can serve to keep tabs on regular maintenance and repairs, additions, modifications (anything and everything).

I'll start.

I got new tires from Costco on my '19 XLE. The stock Bridgestone only lasted 30k miles. I replaced it with Michelin Defender LTX. I really wanted to try the Crossclimate SUV but Costco has them listed out of stock for like 2 months now. I couldn't wait any longer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got it repaired. An 18-Wheeler decided to occupy my lane with me in it.

Replaced:
Front bumper, grill, left and right wheel well liners, left front tire, left fender, left front and rear wheel well trim, both left side doors and door handles, rear bumper and right rear wheel well trim.

Repaired:
Left front wheel surface and left rear quarter panel.

Maintenance:
Front end alignment and system scan and function check.

Total cost: just under $10K

·
Registered
2019 Highlander LTD
258 Posts
I see a lot of this type of threads in car forums. Just post what you did to your Highlander today. It can serve to keep tabs on regular maintenance and repairs, additions, modifications (anything and everything).

I'll start.

I got new tires from Costco on my '19 XLE. The stock Bridgestone only lasted 30k miles. I replaced it with Michelin Defender LTX. I really wanted to try the Crossclimate SUV but Costco has them listed out of stock for like 2 months now. I couldn't wait any longer. View attachment 316413
Michelin Defenders are the best SUV/CUV tire on the planet. Can't wait till these Bridgestone Ecopia's are worn down a bit more (only 18k on them). What kind of deal did you get at Costco?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Michelin Defenders are the best SUV/CUV tire on the planet. Can't wait till these Bridgestone Ecopia's are worn down a bit more (only 18k on them). What kind of deal did you get at Costco?
I had them on a Venza and got the full 70k miles with 4/32 remaining.

$844 installed.

Reactions: Penzfan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not much, washed it yesterday to blow off some road salt and parked in the garage overnight to let it dry out. Today I used some tire foam on the snow tires because they were looking blah compared to the nice shiny HL.

·
Limited
1,928 Posts
Shot it with the foam cannon, then sprayed on Adams H2O G&G before drying. Also did a quick whipe down of the interior and washed the front Weathertech mats.

201 - 220 of 263 Posts