Toyota Nation Forum banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
New owner here. Continental cross contact lx25 tires, remote car starter, and a hid kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
2016 Highlander LE Plus,

Installed:

• Windows sun/wind visors (AVS)
  • Rear bumper/cargo guard (a back and red stripe to protect upper side of bumper during laguage movement)
  • Walmart based Genuine Dickies whether mats

Replaced:

• Halogen to Sealight LEDs (High and low beams)
  • Mars auto brand Fog LEDs.
  • Tiny interior lights with white LEDs including dome, rear seats, doors, trunk light

Any suggestions on Everstart 24F 750 CCA battery from Walmart? It's just 90 dollars with 3 years replacement warranty (previous it was five years)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
2016 Highlander LE Plus,
Replaced:

• Halogen to Sealight LEDs (High and low beams)
  • Mars auto brand Fog LEDs.
  • Tiny interior lights with white LEDs including dome, rear seats, doors, trunk light

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk
How was the install of the Sealight LEDs? Dust caps fit back on OK?
Arto

·
2014 Highlander LE
7,988 Posts
How was the install of the Sealight LEDs? Dust caps fit back on OK?
Arto
Arto, what you can do, as others have is use a PVS or ABS plastic cap to use as a cover if need be. I think its a 3" round hole, and works with different rubber or PVS/ABS materials available from outdoor drain plumbing supplies. Mostly the stock will fit, but if you need something deeper or custom, you can go that route.

FYI the 2014 Highlander never came with covers, and I have had this thing in all weather conditions and parked out all the time without an issue for about 6/7 years now. I think it is more for water to get inside when swamping than anything else :)

Do a search on headlight covers and you should get some hits. 2017 models/posts maybe the year if I remember it right.

·
Triple A Whore
Z06, Camry, Tucson
7,656 Posts
I have tried maybe 1/2 dozen sets of LEDs. Just can't get them to fit and turn inside the housing to lock the bulb. Stupid offset just messes that up.

Any suggestions? I have a 2018 XLE and I can't stand the headlights.

New owner here. Continental cross contact lx25 tires, remote car starter, and a hid kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which kit did you get?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Bought a new tool. It will come in handy when I get a set of winter tires later this year.

·
Registered
2015 Highlander Limited AWD
17 Posts
Picked up my New to me 2015 Highlander Limited Monday.

This morning I swapped out the Low beam Bulbs for some nice LED's as well as all interior Lights (except vanity mirrors) with White LEDs.

Waiting for Mr postman for the weekend projects:
LED yellow Fog bulbs
Roof CrossBars (today!)
Front Window Tint. (I guessed the back windows were 20% but now I am second Guessing that)
Wireless Charging cradle that fits under the temp controls. (this one wont be here till late april)
2020 Maps
Remote Start
Door Lights (at the bottom.. forgot what they are called)

This weekend I will be attempting to install some heated seat elements in the 2nd row. I thought I read someone had done it, but I cannot find the link. I've done it in previous cars, so I'm not too worried about taking apart the seat and I was going to tap into behind the rear socket for fused power.

I love making docs, so I'll document whatever hasn't been done and see if I can get it added to the sticky DIY page.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have tried maybe 1/2 dozen sets of LEDs. Just can't get them to fit and turn inside the housing to lock the bulb. Stupid offset just messes that up.

Which kit did you get?
I picked up this set: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08S37X311/
Popped them in this morning before leaving for work without issue and they made a huge difference in rural dark-af Vermont.

Have used them for 3-4 years on various cars and Never had an issue with them.

you mentioned the offset, there are 2 tabs that are smaller and one larger, as long as you line those up correctly, twist to the left (normal of what you'd think) and it locks right in..
Not saying "you're doing it wrong" lol but I don't get what offset you're talking about.
:)

·
Registered
2016 Highlander Limited
1 Posts
DIY changed oil and oil filter.
Don't care for the filter removal and installation but the wife wanted a pre-owned 2016 HL over the Honda Pilot. Daughter has 2019 Honda Pilot which has easier motor oil filter and trans oil change.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Which kit did you get?
Getting the bulbs in took like an hour because my fat hands were too big. So frustrating!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
  • Front side window tint was done. I already hate it. - Probably going to remove it. They put 20% on the front and its too dark for my liking. I had asked for 35% but they said 20% would match the rear.. it does not.
  • Added all weather floor mats front, back and rear.
  • Added Qi Wireless charging in the dash center console under the heating controls.
  • Center console organizer. (I wanted to 3d print this, but the dimensions are greater than my ability to design)
  • About ready to pull the trigger on a new head unit. Thinking about trying to retrofit the 2019 entune 3 if I can find one cheap enough with jbl.
  • 4 bike fold down rack.
There are some little cosmetic things I want to do over the summer, but the car is kinda perfect (minus the frustrating entune issues I have.. apparently the 2015 radio's last update was in 2017)

241 - 258 of 258 Posts