Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Now THIS has a cohesive flow and style... the new 2015 Nissan Murano.... too bad it is coming to market too late, and that it is smaller than the Highlander..... or I'd be waiting to see this in the flesh.

Wow you see cohesive flow, I see an alien turd. :)

Though I do agree somewhat about the front grill on the Highlander--at least they should have outlined the upper part of the grill in chrome as well. IMO, I hate most chrome and prefer that the middle chrome strip should be body-colored.

·
Registered
2014 Highlander Ltd
174 Posts
For most in my generation (and those prior), chrome on a car was a status symbol, a symbol of luxury, a symbol of class. After 30+ years of working and raising a family and only being able to afford cars designated as "SE" or "LE" or base models that had black plastic mirrors and other black plastic body parts, I was thrilled to finally own a vehicle that had "Limited" on the back. In my little universe, it meant that I had arrived and the more chrome, the better! The chrome on the new Highlander ( even if it's Chromtec) was a major attraction for me personally. My new Highlander is BY FAR the nicest, most expensive vehicle I have ever owned and by gosh, it had better be loaded with chrome. lol

·
Registered
Toyota
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
My dealer does the license plate thing and since I got a tow hitch, the hitch plug or whatever you call that thing has the name, etc. on it also. I don't mind doing a little free advertising for them. They've treated me very well over the years and I would happily also tell a friend so if asked.

Go through your clothes drawer, look at your T-shirts and sweatshirts, your ball caps. Look down at your shoes. We advertise for someone almost everyday. We are walking billboards for bleep's sake. Not sure why a car should be thought of any differently, but to each his own. It's a great country isn't it. :thumbsup:
WoW! yours looks like a jade green. Those running boards looks awesome

·
*Just the Facts, Ma'm*
1,745 Posts
For most in my generation (and those prior), chrome on a car was a status symbol, a symbol of luxury, a symbol of class. After 30+ years of working and raising a family and only being able to afford cars designated as "SE" or "LE" or base models that had black plastic mirrors and other black plastic body parts, I was thrilled to finally own a vehicle that had "Limited" on the back. In my little universe, it meant that I had arrived and the more chrome, the better! The chrome on the new Highlander ( even if it's Chromtec) was a major attraction for me personally. My new Highlander is BY FAR the nicest, most expensive vehicle I have ever owned and by gosh, it had better be loaded with chrome. lol
Very much the same for me too! Shine on baby!

·
*Just the Facts, Ma'm*
1,745 Posts

Though I do agree somewhat about the front grill on the Highlander--at least they should have outlined the upper part of the grill in chrome as well. IMO, I hate most chrome and prefer that the middle chrome strip should be body-colored.
LOL... well shucks, it's good we all like something a little different I guess, otherwise we'd be a pretty boring world.

Everyone I have showed this new Murano to has been floored impressed with the styling.... she's beaut. Still, i'd be a bit cautious buying one.... the prior Murano was very highly rated in reliability, comfort, build quality. I am curious if the new Murano uses the same CVT tranny that the 2013/14 Pathfinder implemented.... which has a been nothing short of a disaster for Nissan.... horrible problems with it.

But design? Is it ok for this 53 year old to say, 'Kick @$$!'

·
2014 Highlander LE
8,001 Posts

Though I do agree somewhat about the front grill on the Highlander--at least they should have outlined the upper part of the grill in chrome as well.

IMO, I hate most chrome and prefer that the middle chrome strip should be body-colored.
I agree with the above remarks, but design is not always dictated by the design itself. It is often mixed with symbolism... And this often dictates our choices...sadly it isn't always with "good design" in mind. (Take a look at the reasons why ToyHiFan chooses chrome...Perfectly legitimate and makes complete sense. Not everyone is designed design forward.

Often, my function is form. yours may vary.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/333-3rd-generation-2014/779762-front-grill-thoughts.html

·
2014 Highlander LE
8,001 Posts
LOL... well shucks, it's good we all like something a little different I guess, otherwise we'd be a pretty boring world.

Everyone I have showed this new Murano to has been floored impressed with the styling.... she's beaut. Still, i'd be a bit cautious buying one.... the prior Murano was very highly rated in reliability, comfort, build quality. I am curious if the new Murano uses the same CVT tranny that the 2013/14 Pathfinder implemented.... which has a been nothing short of a disaster for Nissan.... horrible problems with it.

Your first sentence I totally agree with. BUT...
designers can't go by everyone's opinions, period.

Car manufacturers have started to do that, with SOME hold backs (Look what's happened to the 2014 VW Passat, what a shame/sham!...Can you get a better mix of the accord and camery in one car?!!).
That is a problem, and one of the reasons why we have every manufactured refrigerator looking the exact same convex/slight bowed out front doors and curved handles. Rather frustrating, but thats what sits in my kitchen.

·
*Just the Facts, Ma'm*
1,745 Posts

·
2014 Highlander LE
8,001 Posts
The second blue one looks a bit contained/better, but it does make me think its a Hybrid :). I can't see a reason to put on an LED logo. I do wish Toyota would come up with a new logo

·
2014 Highlander LE
8,001 Posts
let us know how you hooked it up...pictures!! I too am looking to get a front cam, maybe even back!?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'll probably do it tomorrow. Side by side with my bimmer 2013 3 series M sport which is also debadge
I miss my 335, but it was an E92. With one kid and one coming in the not too distant future, two car seats just would not have happened.

41 - 60 of 263 Posts