Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just bought my first corolla earlier this month, and have been looking into changing my oil. I found out about the whole filter tool thing when I actually bought the filter and was like...."what is this?" I have everything set and have bought mobil 1 10w30 fully synthetic oil extended life. It says good up to 15k miles. I haven't even had the car for a month and have put 2k+ miles on it already plus a lot of idle time.

I've done many searches and have not seen or read anyone using this oil. Can someone tell me why I should not use this oil if it's not ok? It is a synthetic, I'd just like some clarification.

P.S. I bought a used 09 LE with 45k miles and love it. $13.5 walk out.

·
Registered
2009 Toyota Corolla
205 Posts
Hey guys, just bought my first corolla earlier this month, and have been looking into changing my oil. I found out about the whole filter tool thing when I actually bought the filter and was like...."what is this?" I have everything set and have bought mobil 1 10w30 fully synthetic oil extended life. It says good up to 15k miles. I haven't even had the car for a month and have put 2k+ miles on it already plus a lot of idle time.

I've done many searches and have not seen or read anyone using this oil. Can someone tell me why I should not use this oil if it's not ok? It is a synthetic, I'd just like some clarification.

IMO - Fully Synthetic is the only way to go. I also prefer Mobil 1 to any other oil brand. The 10w30 weight might not be the best weight, but then again it all depends on where you live, your driving conditions and preference.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,777 Posts

:welcome: to TN & congrats on the purchase.

I love Mobil 1 but the preferred weight for our 10th Gen Corolla is 5w-20 or 0w-20. Since you live in Houston I would say that 5w-20 would be fine. I've been able to pick up the 5 quart jugs at Walmart for $21. :thumbsup:

·
350whp grocery getter
2010 Corolla S
488 Posts
Get a Toyota Rewards Visa, charge your day to day expenses, pay the balance in full at the end of the month, and collect points to spend at the dealership. I haven't paid for a oil change since I got mine :)

I run the OEM 0w20 with OEM filters

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts

:welcome: to TN! I drive in Houston sometimes and drive a lot in sugar land and I get 0w-20 and its just fine. The recommended oil for the car is 5w-20 or 0w-20 I would be too scared to use anything else especially since I dont fully understand oil's

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help and input, I'll be returning the 10w 30 and either getting the 5 or 0 20. Thanks for the swift advice.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,777 Posts
Thanks for the help and input, I'll be returning the 10w 30 and either getting the 5 or 0 20. Thanks for the swift advice.
You're most :welcome:

:lol::lol::lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts