Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my oil in this car for the first time, I noticed there was no drain plug gasket. Should there be one in an ‘18?

·
Registered
2014 Camry LE, 2020 Camry Hybrid LE
915 Posts
Changed my oil in this car for the first time, I noticed there was no drain plug gasket. Should there be one in an ‘18?
You have one. I think the original one got stuck on the oil pan. You will have to scrap it off with a plastic blade or screw driver.

·
7,464 Posts
tHEY ALWAYS HAD GASKETS. lIKELY, AS MENTIOEND, SIMPLY STUCK ON PAN, HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.
Sorry, damn Caps key always gets in my way.
Scrape it off and flip it 180 degrees. I re use gaskets several times.

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the drain hole in the pan by scraping it with my fingernail, there was nothing there. I also wiped off the plug and there was none there either. I checked my drain pan too, no gasket.

The car just turned over 25k, I bought it with 21k so this is the first time that I personally have changed the oil. Sure was nice changing this kind of a filter as compared to that PITA cartridge filter..... a lot less mess. It is tougher to get under this one being as low as it is.

·
Registered
2014 RAV4 LTD
34 Posts
The "gasket" is a flat washer with a blue coating on both sides. At least it was for my 2007 Prius. Maybe my 2014 Rav is just a plain flat washer. I have CRS disease.
Mine always gets stuck to the oil pan. I use the plug to get it off by tipping it against the washer.

·
Registered
2014 Camry LE, 2020 Camry Hybrid LE
915 Posts
I checked the drain hole in the pan by scraping it with my fingernail, there was nothing there. I also wiped off the plug and there was none there either. I checked my drain pan too, no gasket.

The car just turned over 25k, I bought it with 21k so this is the first time that I personally have changed the oil. Sure was nice changing this kind of a filter as compared to that PITA cartridge filter..... a lot less mess. It is tougher to get under this one being as low as it is.
I could be wrong but I think your oil would have leaked out without the washer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts